BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source

09-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
atruelunatic
Second Lieutenant

Drives: n/a

Will the hood be okay? (clear bra application)

I take delivery on 9/10 but the only appointments that Premier can do are 9/15 and 9/22 (Thursdays). I have class and cannot dare think of skipping class right now. The earliest Saturday appointment available is 10/8. What tips are available to avoid rock chips? City and hwy driving are pretty equal, and I cannot keep it garaged since I need this to get to school.
      09-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
E90///M3`
Major General

Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
i would blue tape the car... then another layer of DUCT TAPE and one more layer of blue tape.

of course you probably know duct tape will likely ruin your paint hence the first layer of blue painters tape.
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
      09-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
BimmerRob08
Major

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by atruelunatic View Post
I take delivery on 9/10 but the only appointments that Premier can do are 9/15 and 9/22 (Thursdays). I have class and cannot dare think of skipping class right now. The earliest Saturday appointment available is 10/8. What tips are available to avoid rock chips? City and hwy driving are pretty equal, and I cannot keep it garaged since I need this to get to school.

You're talking less than 15 days or 30 at best. Just keep your distance from trucks/SUV's/pick ups and cars if you can. Stay in a lane with less traffic and best choice would be to take back roads and not the damn highway. I just split my F'n windshield on I-25N in Albuquerque. So if you take it easy for a few weeks and keep your distance from other cars and lower speeds as I said on back roads, you'll be fine.
BimmerRob08 is offline   United_States
      09-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
htp autoworks
Private

Drives: A fast one...

There are numerous quality installers out there... and some at a much more reasonable price. I would check around if you are not willing to wait that long. If not then just be careful driving.