BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #287
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,345
iTrader: (5)

79 is a decent price for a 2012. Aren't they mid 90s?
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #288
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Sell you mine for $79k.
You're selling your GTR?
konaforever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #289
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
79 is a decent price for a 2012. Aren't they mid 90s?
It's a very good price depending on mileage and condition.
konaforever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #290
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaforever View Post
You're selling your GTR?
Yeah. Making way for the 2013. I need to sell it in the next couple of months.
That's trade in value. I'm more than happy to sell it at that and it would be passed through my dealer so I can get the sales tax credit on my 2013 GTR.
I just passed 11000 miles and it is in great condition.
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #291
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Yeah. Making way for the 2013. I need to sell it in the next couple of months.
That's trade in value. I'm more than happy to sell it at that and it would be passed through my dealer so I can get the sales tax credit on my 2013 GTR.
I just passed 11000 miles and it is in great condition.
Ah ok. Thought you might be tired of the GTR already!
konaforever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #292
mattixxg
MKIV
 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The track

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

wow..there really are a ton of gtr threads on here...
mattixxg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #293
LarThaL
Colonel
 
LarThaL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

Posts: 2,594
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
That has to be the single dumbest post I have ever read on a performance car forum. I guess people that are so superficial that they'll pay thousands for a purse would be too insecure to buy a performance car based solely on......performance.
While I certainly don't make a decision to buy a car based on how a purse salesman would react to my key fob, you have hit on a key point of the GTR's problem for many potential buyers.

It is geared, as you say, solely to performance. And nothing else. No comfort, no style, no refinement, no elegance, no sensory appeal (beyond acceleration). Many of us are looking for more from a car than just pure performance while sacrificing everything else. It is also the reason that Nissan can offer this level of performance so cheaply, relatively speaking.
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

LarThaL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #294
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
While I certainly don't make a decision to buy a car based on how a purse salesman would react to my key fob, you have hit on a key point of the GTR's problem for many potential buyers.

It is geared, as you say, solely to performance. And nothing else. No comfort, no style, no refinement, no elegance, no sensory appeal (beyond acceleration). Many of us are looking for more from a car than just pure performance while sacrificing everything else. It is also the reason that Nissan can offer this level of performance so cheaply, relatively speaking.

Well most of what you're saying is very subjective. One could lay those arguments down when talking about 911s too.
A GTR, IMO, does have style, sensory appeal, refinement, and elegance.
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #295
KKM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
While I certainly don't make a decision to buy a car based on how a purse salesman would react to my key fob, you have hit on a key point of the GTR's problem for many potential buyers.

It is geared, as you say, solely to performance. And nothing else. No comfort, no style, no refinement, no elegance, no sensory appeal (beyond acceleration). Many of us are looking for more from a car than just pure performance while sacrificing everything else. It is also the reason that Nissan can offer this level of performance so cheaply, relatively speaking.
+1 trillion

Don't say anything derogatory about the gtr, you will be labeled "badge whore" lol

Gtr is the perfect car cmon don't u know? Even the Nissan logos on the trunk and hood are ridiculously good looking.
KKM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #296
KKM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Well most of what you're saying is very subjective. One could lay those arguments down when talking about 911s too.
A GTR, IMO, does have style, sensory appeal, refinement, and elegance.
Lol
KKM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #297
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

I wonder how many of the haterz have had the GT R out on the track???

It does amazing things that any of the super sedans...modded or not...can't come close to.

Guess staring at tailights is highly offensive on this forum.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #298
KKM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I wonder how many of the haterz have had the GT R out on the track???

It does amazing things that any of the super sedans...modded or not...can't come close to.

Guess staring at tailights is highly offensive on this forum.
Would love to stare at the taillights but I wouldn't be able to get my eyes off that beautifully crafted Nissan logo on the trunk.
KKM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #299
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Lol
Right back at you
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #300
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Would love to stare at the taillights but I wouldn't be able to get my eyes off that beautifully crafted Nissan logo on the trunk.
Why are you so petty and superficial? If the GTR doesn't do it for you why argue about it?
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #301
KKM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Why are you so petty and superficial? If the GTR doesn't do it for you why argue about it?
Who's arguing? I'm having a freaking blast here.
KKM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #302
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,345
iTrader: (5)

dude if i could swing it i would own one. and a gt3. and well thats it what else does one guy need.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #303
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Who's arguing? I'm having a freaking blast here.
So you're enjoying making asinine comments about the GTR?
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #304
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,345
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
So you're enjoying making asinine comments about the GTR?
let him go he dont get it.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #305
Greeney
Brigadier General
 
Greeney's Avatar
 
Drives: Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY / Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posts: 3,806
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Greeney Send a message via MSN to Greeney Send a message via Skype™ to Greeney
Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Yeah. Making way for the 2013. I need to sell it in the next couple of months.
That's trade in value. I'm more than happy to sell it at that and it would be passed through my dealer so I can get the sales tax credit on my 2013 GTR.
I just passed 11000 miles and it is in great condition.
Let me know when you turn your car in / are ready to sell... I'm in the market for one you're car looks perfect
__________________
11' E90 M3 6MT | Jerez Black | Black Ext./Carbon | ZCP | ZCW | ZPP | ZTP | 302 | 403 | 507 | 5AC | 655 | 6FL | 752 |
15' F80 M3 6MT | Black Saphire | Black Full | ZEC | ZLP | 2VF | 2VZ | 5DL | 688 |
Greeney is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #306
KKM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
let him go he dont get it.
Trust me I do get it. Unfortunately I'm not 18 years old anymore and my dreams of smoking Any car that pulls Up next to me are long gone. I'm 32 years old and have a certain level of dignity and taste. Even my m3 pisses me off cause I get hit on by a bunch of teenage boys in fixed up 328's but atleast my m3 is a well built quality car with quality materials and sophisticated design. feeling good about what you drive is the most important thing and while performance is important, it's the whole package that makes you completely happy. The gtr lays down better numbers than Ferrari Porsche and even lambos however that's where it all stops. Numbers not feel. Just numbers. Performance is both objective and subjective. Everyone should know this. Objectively the gtr is almost second to none. It's still good subjectively in a lot of ways but after the initial sensation of speed wears thin so will your feelings for the car. Its really a dull fat car with stupid turbos. Na is the only way to keep the excitement from wearing thin.
KKM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #307
mattixxg
MKIV
 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The track

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

All that is completely YOUR choice.

YOURS.

But there really are alot of GTR threads for an M3 forum....
mattixxg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #308
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Trust me I do get it. Unfortunately I'm not 18 years old anymore and my dreams of smoking Any car that pulls Up next to me are long gone. I'm 32 years old and have a certain level of dignity and taste. Even my m3 pisses me off cause I get hit on by a bunch of teenage boys in fixed up 328's but atleast my m3 is a well built quality car with quality materials and sophisticated design. feeling good about what you drive is the most important thing and while performance is important, it's the whole package that makes you completely happy. The gtr lays down better numbers than Ferrari Porsche and even lambos however that's where it all stops. Numbers not feel. Just numbers. Performance is both objective and subjective. Everyone should know this. Objectively the gtr is almost second to none. It's still good subjectively in a lot of ways but after the initial sensation of speed wears thin so will your feelings for the car. Its really a dull fat car with stupid turbos. Na is the only way to keep the excitement from wearing thin.



No you really don't get it if you think anyone that buys a GTR is only interested in stoplight racing. The car is one of the most complete sports car available. If you don't like it, fine, just avoid the silly comments about the Nissan badge or that you have superior taste it comes off poorly.
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST