BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
ktan23
Private
 
ktan23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Union City, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ktan23
Gintani Race or RPI GTM?

I am considering one of these two exhaust, but the axle back only for now.. I do want the loud sound and I heard these two were pretty good. I know they will be louder if I get the full system but I just want to start with the axle back first.. Anyone that owns any of these with JUST the axle back have any opinions or have any of you heard these? I would love your opinions please thanks! Also since I\'m just considering axle back, does it make a difference between the RPI GTM vs just the GT? I know adding pipes to the GT has that rasp sound.. thanks....
ktan23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
 
1sikbmr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York

Posts: 3,258
iTrader: (14)

does rpi even sell the gtm exhaust by itself? I have heard the gintani race in person and all I can say is damn! that thing sounds awesome. can't go wrong with either choice
__________________

E90 ///M3 6MT Atlantis Blue - Fox red
ESS VT1-550|Gloss black grilles/Gold gills|V1 hardwire|Filled reflectors|ZHP lighted shift knob|Volk TE37 Gloss Black|Mode Carbon GT4 Lip|Umnitza V4 full blackout kit|Agency Power exhaust|Sosi x-pipe|BMW Performance Steering Wheel V1|
1sikbmr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #3
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 729
iTrader: (2)

I had the full RPI GTM. I really love the sound and the power. Currently I am selling my rpi x-pipe and front pipe because fucking neighbor complaining about it. let me know if you want to buy it.

Anyway, i am just running the RPI GTM axle back and i really like it. I painted my satin black because i don't like the polish can look. The sound is deep bass at ideal and it has little drone around 2k-3k rpm, but the sound is amazing when you step on it.
avex8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 729
iTrader: (2)

forget to mention, you can't get GTM axle back by it self, you have to order it with the full system. You can only order the GT axle back by itself, and it had less drone but quieter compare to GTM.
avex8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
phusion974
Lieutenant
 
phusion974's Avatar
 
Drives: OE Tuned C63
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 435
iTrader: (0)

Go with Gintani.
phusion974 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
ktan23
Private
 
ktan23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Union City, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ktan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerx8 View Post
I had the full RPI GTM. I really love the sound and the power. Currently I am selling my rpi x-pipe and front pipe because fucking neighbor complaining about it. let me know if you want to buy it.

Anyway, i am just running the RPI GTM axle back and i really like it. I painted my satin black because i don't like the polish can look. The sound is deep bass at ideal and it has little drone around 2k-3k rpm, but the sound is amazing when you step on it.
How much are you selling pipes for PM me price please but I have a guy that can get me the axle back by itself if I want it..
ktan23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
ktan23
Private
 
ktan23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Union City, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ktan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974 View Post
Go with Gintani.
Yeah I keep hearing it's very loud haha! Louder than the GTM?
ktan23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
Cal@Sonic MS
 
Cal@Sonic MS's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: earth

Posts: 4,653
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerx8 View Post
forget to mention, you can't get GTM axle back by it self, you have to order it with the full system. You can only order the GT axle back by itself, and it had less drone but quieter compare to GTM.
Not sure where you heard this because we've sold just the GTM rear section several times before.
Cal@Sonic MS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 729
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS View Post
Not sure where you heard this because we've sold just the GTM rear section several times before.
If you go to RPI website, you can't order the GTM axle back by itself. You can either order the GTM full exhaust system or the GT axle back or the GT x-pipe
avex8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
Cal@Sonic MS
 
Cal@Sonic MS's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: earth

Posts: 4,653
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerx8 View Post
If you go to RPI website, you can't order the GTM axle back by itself. You can either order the GTM full exhaust system or the GT axle back or the GT x-pipe
Might be a recent change due to the fact that they are blowing out the GT axle back units right now.
Cal@Sonic MS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
erm324
Major
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (1)

go with gintani.....the RPI mufflers hang way too low and look bad from behind (looks like circular cans) IMHO....Gintani tips are massive and the sound is awesome...heres a pic of my setup (gintani sport dual walled tips)...hope this helps


Last edited by erm324; 08-31-2011 at 03:27 PM.
erm324 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
go with gintani.....the RPI mufflers hang way too low and look bad from behind (looks like circular cans) IMHO....Gintani tips are massive and the sound is awesome...heres a pic of my setup (gintani sport dual walled tips)...hope this helps

Looks badass! Looks almost exactly like my car (except I have the OEM exhaust).

I am definitely gonna grab a Gintani soon...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
xilli
Resident kangaroo salesman
 
xilli's Avatar
 
Drives: R8 V10 / VW Amarok
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Gintani is fantastic! I have the race axle back and now turner test pipes. The axle back by itself is quite loud, you'll have some drone inside the cabin from 2 - 2.5k but if you drive the car in a slightly lower gear and keep it around 3 - 3.5 it's not a problem at all and fuel economy isn't that much worse (if you care at all, i don't). Has a much more aggressive sound then the majority or systems on the market (in my opinion) and for quite a reasonable price compared to some.

It makes a lot of noise from 3.5k onward and draws quite a lot of attention! The primary cat delete probably made it about 10% louder again below 4k, but above 4k it's just rediculous (in a good way). It makes a much more exotic sound and absolutely screams! I can't get enough of it, unfortunately my neighbours might not think the same way
xilli is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
Raz@Gintani
 
Raz@Gintani's Avatar
 
Drives: E92- MR M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Van Nuys, CA

Posts: 426
iTrader: (0)

Our race system is loud, and there is drone is the lower end. Hence why we have the sport version for anyone that doesn't want to go with a loud system. And now we have created another version of our exhaust system which we like to call the Hybrid exhaust. The Hybrid rear section exhaust consists of the race mufflers with the internals of the sport exhaust. This sounds amazing, it is in between both systems, perfect for anyone that wants louder but not that loud of an exhaust.
Raz@Gintani is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,604
iTrader: (7)

If you get a gintani race do yourself and get an xpipe also to make it louder... this way you can let everyone within a half mile radius know your coming lol
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #16
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 729
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
go with gintani.....the RPI mufflers hang way too low and look bad from behind (looks like circular cans) IMHO....Gintani tips are massive and the sound is awesome...heres a pic of my setup (gintani sport dual walled tips)...hope this helps

RPI doesn't hang low at all (look at the pics). I do agree the polish muffler can look bad sometimes, that's why i power coated my satin black and it looks amazing. Big muffler = more air flow

I personally love the sound, it got deep rumble sound like my dad's F430.
Attached Images
   
avex8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #17
erm324
Major
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (1)

im not talking about the tips, im talking about the mufflers themselves....you can clearly see what im talking about in your first three pics....from behind the circular cans arent my cup of tea at all, but its all personal preference!

check out this thread for more pictures of the RPI exhaust.....check out how the mufflers themselves look from behind, that is what I am referring to:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433721
erm324 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #18
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 729
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
im not talking about the tips, im talking about the mufflers themselves....you can clearly see what im talking about in your first three pics....from behind the circular cans arent my cup of tea at all, but its all personal preference!

check out this thread for more pictures of the RPI exhaust.....check out how the mufflers themselves look from behind, that is what I am referring to:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433721
I did agree with you on the muffler on my last post. It doesn't look ugly in polish, that's why i power coat satin black and it make it look "disappear" from behind. I think the muffler size might be different between the GT and the GTM, but my doesn't look like that at all.
avex8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #19
ktan23
Private
 
ktan23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Union City, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ktan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
go with gintani.....the RPI mufflers hang way too low and look bad from behind (looks like circular cans) IMHO....Gintani tips are massive and the sound is awesome...heres a pic of my setup (gintani sport dual walled tips)...hope this helps

That looks nice bro -- are the Gintani race tips the same?! And race is louder than sport right?
ktan23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
ktan23
Private
 
ktan23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Union City, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ktan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerx8 View Post
RPI doesn't hang low at all (look at the pics). I do agree the polish muffler can look bad sometimes, that's why i power coated my satin black and it looks amazing. Big muffler = more air flow

I personally love the sound, it got deep rumble sound like my dad's F430.
is that an Arkym diffuser with the RPI exhaust?
ktan23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #21
ktan23
Private
 
ktan23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Union City, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ktan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani View Post
Our race system is loud, and there is drone is the lower end. Hence why we have the sport version for anyone that doesn't want to go with a loud system. And now we have created another version of our exhaust system which we like to call the Hybrid exhaust. The Hybrid rear section exhaust consists of the race mufflers with the internals of the sport exhaust. This sounds amazing, it is in between both systems, perfect for anyone that wants louder but not that loud of an exhaust.
interesting.. Can you PM me the price for this exhaust just the axle back and do you have any video of it installed?
ktan23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #22
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 729
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktan23 View Post
is that an Arkym diffuser with the RPI exhaust?
yes it is arkym
avex8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST