BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
hawkerdriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 435i GC

New Member, ED E90

I'll Introduce myself:

I have been reading these boards for years and have enjoyed the massive amount of information and entertainment on here.

Been driving BMW for the past 16 years, with my first being a 318tds "E36 compact" and currently driving a 2005 645Cic for the past 6 years.

I grew up in Europe where I had my E36 and moved to the States back in '96

After debating and test driving for the past 2 years, I finally made a decision to order the E90 M3

I had done business with Steve Thomas before and contacted Ryan Amico last week for an ED delivery October 4th.

Within a few days we had everything completed, Ryan is a great person to deal with and like I told the people at Steve Thomas years ago, they have a customer for life.

My M3 will be:

Jerez Black
Bamboo Beige
Carbon Leather
Convenience package
Competition Package
Cold Weather
Premium 3
DCT
EPS

I'm having a hard time deciding on the interior, keep going back and forth between bamboo and black, all my BMW's have been black so I figured maybe its time for a change

I still love my 6, I know I am one of the few that actually love the design of it, She's been very good to me, but the time has come

As I still have my family in Europe, I am planning taking the car towards the Italian alps, back through the black forest and home to The Netherlands where I will drop it off.

Any must see places to visit, please let me know.
I am glad to be here!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
desertfox73
Rep

Drives: 2010 E93 M3

FWIW, I like contrasting interiors. See the following car on fleabay, the same JB/Bamboo color combo you're considering. I think it looks great, but it doesn't really matter what I think. Just thought I'd give you some pics of the "real" car since the online simulator can sometimes be too stylized.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...item5ae241dbe8
      08-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
drey
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan, JZB/BB

"FWIW, I like contrasting interiors."

+1. In fact, my car is also the JZB/BB combo, with sycamore trim - no regrets.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Get black so that you and I can do a full interior swap when I get tired of my bamboo

Seriously, I'm waiting for my Le Mans Blue + Bamboo + Carbon e90 M3 to be built. As you can see from my posting history, I was having trouble picking an interior color too. My current e46 330i ZHP's interior is all black leather and I wanted a change. The bamboo has a nice warmth to it, that I like. Like you my exterior is dark, so a contrasting interior seems more appealing to me than more dark inside.

Also, it depends a little on what look you are going for. I'm not going for a street racing badass look, so having a less aggressive interior isn't an issue for me.

My advice is to look at a lot of pictures (should be no shortage of JzB with Bamboo and black interiors) and see if that helps you. Otherwise, flip a coin. In the worst case, you have to do a full interior swap with someone else or bought parts and you're out a few thousand dollars. Small price to pay for a car that makes you smile every day.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Golf Cart

Awesome! thanks again for your business we all at steve thomas really really appreciate. If there is anything else at all you need at anytime feel free to shoot me a PM

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #6
hawkerdriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 435i GC

My first gut feeling was Bamboo

So, I am going to stick with it, I was just a bit afraid of it being to Yellow-ish

An Interior Swap.....hmmm might be a cool thing to do after a year or so

Thanks GOLFFRR! I was glad to get one of the very last production slots
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
Rob@StrasseWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 MW/FR E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to Rob@StrasseWheels
Congrats! Make sure to take plenty of pics when you do the ED!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Smoothly

Congrats and welcome! I loved ED so much, I did it a few times. It will be an amazing trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
97X
Private
Rep

Drives: 2011.75 E93 M3

+1 for Jerez/Bamboo. I was apprehensive about the choice at first, but when I saw my car for the first time spinning on a platform at the Welt, I knew I made the right choice. Very elegant/sophisticated, while maintaining sporty characteristics.

Bamboo is considerably darker/richer in person...I've never really seen a photo that represents the color correctly.

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerdriver View Post
Any must see places to visit, please let me know.
I am glad to be here!

Cheers
Congratulation on your purchase of your new car and welcome to the forum, happy motoring when you get your ///M3

Places to see, I recommend you arrive a few days before your ED and take in some of the sights of Munich ... downtown, München Hofbrauhaus, of course the BMW factory tour and the museum all within walking distance where you will pick up your car. My recommendations would be to do all this before you take delivery of your car. This way you will not have to worry about parking your car or anyone banging your doors you know what I mean.

Then once you done all that, your BMW advisor will have several recommendations for you as to what trips to take and what areas you can explore. Do drive on the Autobahn, however, as you properly know to see the country one needs to take the back country roads The Nürburgring not too far from München is a must see if you like cars ... happy motoring

Cheers and enjoy

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Congratulation on your purchase of your new car and welcome to the forum, happy motoring when you get your ///M3

Places to see, I recommend you arrive a few days before your ED and take in some of the sights of Munich ... downtown, München Hofbrauhaus, of course the BMW factory tour and the museum all within walking distance where you will pick up your car. My recommendations would be to do all this before you take delivery of your car. This way you will not have to worry about parking your car or anyone banging your doors you know what I mean.

Then once you done all that, your BMW advisor will have several recommendations for you as to what trips to take and what areas you can explore. Do drive on the Autobahn, however, as you properly know to see the country one needs to take the back country roads The Nürburgring not too far from München is a must see if you like cars ... happy motoring

Cheers and enjoy
All of this but especially the back roads and the nurburgring. Even if you don't care about the track, the eiffel region of Germany is incredibly beautiful and the roads are the best in the world. You can spend days exploring the towns in wine country near the ring. Use the NAV if you have that feature. I have found some amazing places by using the search feature there. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0