BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
50

 
ssabripo's Avatar
 
Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl


Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
anyone have any luck with a USB hub + iPhone + usb drive?

I can get the iPhone and the thumbdrive to work by themselves, but when I use a hub in there, only the thumbdrive works.

I've tried many different USB hubs, and only one from china will make both devices show up, but the iphone will not play or show up on BMW apps, only on the settings showing it connected via usb.

anyone have luck with something like this?
__________________

__________________________________________________ ____________
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Patrys@BimmerTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
80

 
Patrys@BimmerTech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Warsaw/Poland


Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
I can get the iPhone and the thumbdrive to work by themselves, but when I use a hub in there, only the thumbdrive works.

I've tried many different USB hubs, and only one from china will make both devices show up, but the iphone will not play or show up on BMW apps, only on the settings showing it connected via usb.

anyone have luck with something like this?

My guess is that your iPhone, thumbdrive and the hub draw too much current when they are connected at the same time and the USB port can't handle it.
__________________
BimmerTech
Phone (USA): (646) 439-7920 (7:00am - 3:00pm ET) :: info@bimmer-tech.net :: www.bimmer-tech.net
Installation facilities worldwide.


Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
50

 
ssabripo's Avatar
 
Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl


Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
My guess is that your iPhone, thumbdrive and the hub draw too much current when they are connected at the same time and the USB port can't handle it.
that's where I was leaning towards!

technics and I were discussing this, and I was leaning towards that as the culprit. I guess there is no way around tapping on the cradle usb wiring or getting a cradle, and leaving the usb input for the thumbnail.
__________________

__________________________________________________ ____________
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
162

 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida


Posts: 11,151
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
My guess is that your iPhone, thumbdrive and the hub draw too much current when they are connected at the same time and the USB port can't handle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
that's where I was leaning towards!

technics and I were discussing this, and I was leaning towards that as the culprit. I guess there is no way around tapping on the cradle usb wiring or getting a cradle, and leaving the usb input for the thumbnail.
I did not think of a current problem as I ASSuMEd that the main USB port was split into two -iPhone in the cradle, USB stick in the port- in parallel, and thus having enough current for two devices.

But it looks like the cradle have its own power source separately from the USB port itself.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST