BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #111
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
95
Rep
5,189
Posts

 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Got my card today. Activated the card then called axpearn and told them 6661. They came back one time and asked if it was from a mailer and I said yes then another long hold and "ok, you'll get the 10k pts when you hit $1,000 then just call us and we will add the other 65k." Pretty easy!
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #112
Seminole
Colonel
Seminole's Avatar
United_States
88
Rep
2,032
Posts

 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Just called. I spent longer typing in my card number and going through the menu then it took for me to have the guy add it. Now I can book the flights I've been holding off on and that will shoot me right over the $1k limit!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #113
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
M3Bahn's Avatar
60
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Why is everyone so hyped about this deal, I prefer 100k offers.
__________________
The journey is the reward.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #114
solefald
Nigerian Prince
solefald's Avatar
Vatican City State
70
Rep
2,171
Posts

 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
where the hell do i get a photo of this damn mailer? i don't want to call 3rd time and sound like an idiot with "oh, i have it at work".

they straight up tell me that i had to initially sign up for the card with that promo.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #115
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

she told me i need to fax the stupid thing to her

I'll call back later and try again

lady was a bitch.

she did offer a 20k bonus..

Last edited by persian54; 08-30-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #116
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

This is scary weird...

I called again and AGAIN and it's the SAME girl............ (I didn't keep going, second I heard her voice and her name I hung out, pretending it's a dropped call or something)

Wtf?
I even used a different phone to call them with........
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #117
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
M3Bahn's Avatar
60
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
This is scary weird...

I called again and AGAIN and it's the SAME girl............ (I didn't keep going, second I heard her voice and her name I hung out, pretending it's a dropped call or something)

Wtf?
I even used a different phone to call them with........
They are on to you, time to disguise your voice.

__________________
The journey is the reward.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #118
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
37
Rep
1,759
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (7)

Quick question...

I've already had the regular Gold card since last year, I recently upgraded to the Premier Rewards gold card though a few days ago (before I even saw this thread), can I still call them and apply this 6661 bonus code or is it offered to new card members only?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #119
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
wow I got no hassle at all and they didn't even mention the mailer.

Conversation literally went like this:

"Hi I'd like to add an offer code to my account"
"What's the ID?
"6661"
"1 minute and I'll check into it"
5minutes later: "Alright you're all setup I added the promo code to your account. Make sure you meat all the requirements for it [spending, etc]"

amazingly painless, I was fully expecting what you guys saw.

Honestly given my situation I would definitely not initiate with saying you have a mailer, that just asks for more questions.

Dude you're one lucky man to have it go so smoothly... if any more details, you can PM :P
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #120
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

called again, different person (guy)

Tried adding code 6939

was on hold...
came back and said he can't add it, and if i have a mailer to fax it to them......

he told me i have 2 offers on it, a 10k for spending $1k, and a 10k for first purchase.

20k points isn't bad, but i want my damn 75k.

Guess I'll call back again with 6661.....
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #121
Digital.James
Colonel
Digital.James's Avatar
39
Rep
2,610
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

iTrader: (7)

just called last nite and got 6661 added, took all of 5 minutes
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #122
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
M3Bahn's Avatar
60
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
called again, different person (guy)

Tried adding code 6939

was on hold...
came back and said he can't add it, and if i have a mailer to fax it to them......

he told me i have 2 offers on it, a 10k for spending $1k, and a 10k for first purchase.

20k points isn't bad, but i want my damn 75k.

Guess I'll call back again with 6661.....
Maybe they noted your account that you have no mailer?
__________________
The journey is the reward.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 01:58 AM   #123
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Maybe they noted your account that you have no mailer?
That would suck.........


They also really don't seem nice...whenever I call Customer Service on my bus account they're super nice and do what they can to help me
These rewards people all seem like assholes who don't want to click any buttons

I wish they sent me surveys. I'd give them all 0s.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #124
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
just called last nite and got 6661 added, took all of 5 minutes
how did the conversation go??
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #125
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

persian, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you're unfortunately flagged.

AMEX is really big into keeping associated notes with the customers, etc etc My guess is you've been noted/flagged/whatever. May be worth trying calling a time or two more, and possibly askiing for a manager
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:30 AM   #126
Seminole
Colonel
Seminole's Avatar
United_States
88
Rep
2,032
Posts

 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
how did the conversation go??
Mine went like this:

Me: Hey, how you doing. I'd like to add an offer code to my account please.
Rep: Ok, do you have the code?
Me: Sure it's 6661.
Rep: Did you receive a mailer for it? (I debated for a second what to say here. Saying no would most likely mean that he would say he can't do it if I said yes then he might not ask for the mailer. Plus I consistently get 50K offers from them, so I was going to play the "I lost the mailer" card).
Me: Yes I did.
Rep: Ok, hold on one second. (Does some typing)
Rep: Ok, I've noted your account. Once you meet the requirements we'll add the points 6-8 weeks after. Sometimes it takes around the 8 week mark.
Me: Ok great! Can you just verify for me what the requirements were?
Rep: Let me take a look.... Ok, you have to spend $1,000 in the first three monts... and you'll get an award of 75,000 points 6-8 weeks after that is met. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me: No thanks! Have a great evening.

I did my best to sound really happy and nice. Didn't get any hassle.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #127
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
95
Rep
5,189
Posts

 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Do you think that some people are having a hard time or being treated differently based on the income amount they populated on the application? If they see you making $200k, they figure you'll be a very good customer where someone making $40k would be less lucrative. Just a thought...
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #128
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
95
Rep
5,189
Posts

 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Mine went like this:

Me: Hey, how you doing. I'd like to add an offer code to my account please.
Rep: Ok, do you have the code?
Me: Sure it's 6661.
Rep: Did you receive a mailer for it? (I debated for a second what to say here. Saying no would most likely mean that he would say he can't do it if I said yes then he might not ask for the mailer. Plus I consistently get 50K offers from them, so I was going to play the "I lost the mailer" card).
Me: Yes I did.
Rep: Ok, hold on one second. (Does some typing)
Rep: Ok, I've noted your account. Once you meet the requirements we'll add the points 6-8 weeks after. Sometimes it takes around the 8 week mark.
Me: Ok great! Can you just verify for me what the requirements were?
Rep: Let me take a look.... Ok, you have to spend $1,000 in the first three monts... and you'll get an award of 75,000 points 6-8 weeks after that is met. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me: No thanks! Have a great evening.

I did my best to sound really happy and nice. Didn't get any hassle.
That is EXACTLY how my conversation went and I acted exactly the same - very perky and friendly.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #129
Seminole
Colonel
Seminole's Avatar
United_States
88
Rep
2,032
Posts

 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Do you think that some people are having a hard time or being treated differently based on the income amount they populated on the application? If they see you making $200k, they figure you'll be a very good customer where someone making $40k would be less lucrative. Just a thought...
I don't make anywhere close to $200k not even close to $100k and didn't have a problem. I think its just a luck of the draw. Some reps must have had a million of these calls come in and they know what's going on by now, while others might not have had as many so they haven't caught on yet.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #130
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I don't make anywhere close to $200k not even close to $100k and didn't have a problem. I think its just a luck of the draw. Some reps must have had a million of these calls come in and they know what's going on by now, while others might not have had as many so they haven't caught on yet.
that's what I was anticipating from the getgo. The longer into this that it goes, the worse your odds are
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #131
XR_SIX
Bading-dong!
XR_SIX's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
268
Posts

 
Drives: '11.5 E93 M3 AW, '09 R6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eagle rock, Ca

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011.5 E93 M3  [0.00]
Got my card yesterday. After activating the card, I called membership rewards and spoke with a nice rep. He asked me where I got the promo code. I said from the mail. Then he placed me on hold for 5min. When he came back, he informed me that the code has been applied and you will get your 75k points after you spend 1000. That was it.
Woohoo. It was totally painless.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #132
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
37
Rep
1,759
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (7)

Well, this blows.

Just called up, the rep told me that he doesn't see anything on my account eligible for any promo codes and that I would have to fax over the mailer for them to apply the points.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST