BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Question South Africa

E90Fleet or any other SA member can you help? When will we get the spec for the SA M3. BMW has not sent out any bulletins yet. I did some phoning around and believe that Lyndhurst has already speced a customer car for June build??? Some dealers have demo cars speced and others know nothing about the M3.
I want my M3 NOW!
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,099
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

The demo cars are usually speced by BMW SA, not the dealers.

Dealers will have to wait till the day they get a email from BMW SA with the spec list before they can tell custmrs whats commming, and then have to wait till its added to the orgering system before they can spec customer cars.

Ive heard from 2 people high on Lyndhurst's M3 list in the last week, and they havent heard anything from the dealer yet.


Cars will be built earlier, but only released to customers on the launch date, just like with previous launches
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
swanich
New Member
1
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2005

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
E90Fleet or any other SA member can you help? When will we get the spec for the SA M3. BMW has not sent out any bulletins yet. I did some phoning around and believe that Lyndhurst has already speced a customer car for June build??? Some dealers have demo cars speced and others know nothing about the M3.
I want my M3 NOW!

If you not high up on the list I am not sure how soon you will get yours, I am number 30 + 31 on the list, placed my orders (deposits paid) in Sept 2005.

Herewith the dates of orders placed before mine. They Received orders already in 2001!!!


2001/03/15
2001/06/08
2001/06/13
2002/01/31
2002/02/25
2002/02/25
2002/06/05
2002/07/24
2002/08/27
2002/08/30
2002/09/10
2002/10/18
2002/10/22
2002/12/04
2003/10/03
2003/10/03
2003/10/29
2003/11/03
2003/11/18
2003/11/20
2004/02/05
2004/02/30
2004/03/15
2004/04/27
2004/08/02
2004/10/27
2005/03/10
2005/05/13
2005/06/29
2005/09/05
2005/09/05

Does anyone know what allocation per month dealers can expect?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,099
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Historically a lot of those on the list fall away as soon as the price is announced and the dealers want to spec the car.

Though im shure some of the first will be those guy that want to sell them immediately at a profit.

Allocations will be pretty limited

Im shure the first 6 to 9 months will be taken immedately by those on the list already that wont fall off.
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
anees
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
E90Fleet or any other SA member can you help? When will we get the spec for the SA M3. BMW has not sent out any bulletins yet. I did some phoning around and believe that Lyndhurst has already speced a customer car for June build??? Some dealers have demo cars speced and others know nothing about the M3.
I want my M3 NOW!
Bru,

if I was you, I'd wait until they sort out all the problems / issues with the first rollout. My 330i was second of the first production rollout in April 2005, had many issues with it...makes we want to buy a WRX STI
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

eish

Thanks guys, if any SA members get good info on spec and launch dates plz post asap. I’m 1st with a dealer in the North. I am desperate not to get pushed back. With the e46 I was “1st” and only got the 7th car (due to manager’s mates speculating and making money). I am constantly on the dealer’s case. Some dealers have got demo cars speced I double checked and in this rare case they got to spec the cars as they wished with some forced options. Obviously I am getting a manual box but will trade that car in on a “new type box” as soon as I can. I had a manual e46 first and then got the SMG which I loved.

Swanich you must shop around if you are 30+31st you will never see the car. I called some small town dealers some only have a few deposits in do the work and call around allocation is going to be very few cars for 2007/8.
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Thanks guys, if any SA members get good info on spec and launch dates plz post asap. I’m 1st with a dealer in the North. I am desperate not to get pushed back. With the e46 I was “1st” and only got the 7th car (due to manager’s mates speculating and making money). I am constantly on the dealer’s case. Some dealers have got demo cars speced I double checked and in this rare case they got to spec the cars as they wished with some forced options. Obviously I am getting a manual box but will trade that car in on a “new type box” as soon as I can. I had a manual e46 first and then got the SMG which I loved.

Swanich you must shop around if you are 30+31st you will never see the car. I called some small town dealers some only have a few deposits in do the work and call around allocation is going to be very few cars for 2007/8.

So hard to read. Lack of punctuation is staggering.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #8
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
So hard to read. Lack of punctuation is staggering.
thanks prof i will try harder next time. NOT Ass
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
thanks prof i will try harder next time. NOT Ass

Fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Thanks prof, I will try harder next time. NOT. Ass.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
278
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to paulyd
haha
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Fixed it for you.
Wow you so clever! Is this a forum about the M3 or English spelling and punctuation??? You are such a narrow minded idiot. English is my third language and I think I am doing quite well. I am sorry your pee sized brain has difficulty reading less that perfect English, Get a life you jerk!

:finger:
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 06:11 AM   #12
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Wow you so clever! Is this a forum about the M3 or English spelling and punctuation??? You are such a narrow minded idiot. English is my third language and I think I am doing quite well. I am sorry your pee sized brain has difficulty reading less that perfect English, Get a life you jerk!

:finger:
That is one of the best things you have wrote yet, besides the additional grammar issues contained within. Myself and my co-worker were rolling as we read it outloud.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
That is one of the best things you have wrote yet, besides the additional grammar issues contained within. Myself and my co-worker were rolling as we read it outloud.


Matt 7:5 "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #14
anees
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
That is one of the best things you have wrote yet, besides the additional grammar issues contained within. Myself and my co-worker were rolling as we read it outloud.
Whoaaa ...easy now Sith Lord

Anyways, 888, are you buying it cash ?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #15
anees
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
That is one of the best things you have wrote yet, besides the additional grammar issues contained within. Myself and my co-worker were rolling as we read it outloud.
Actually Epacy, "Myself and my co-worker" is grammatically incorrect.

You meant to say: "My co-worker and myself
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #16
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anees View Post
Actually Epacy, "Myself and my co-worker" is grammatically incorrect.

You meant to say: "My co-worker and myself
Well done. We need more grammatically correct members. It gives the forum an educated feel and differentiates it from all the rest of the forums. It's good for everyone.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #17
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anees View Post
Whoaaa ...easy now Sith Lord

Anyways, 888, are you buying it cash ?
Yes, I only buy cash. I hope to get the car by year end.
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #18
nonick
Enlisted Member
South Africa
1
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i; e36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Port Elizabeth

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb #4

X

Last edited by nonick; 01-10-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 02:48 AM   #19
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonick View Post
Geez... We got lucky then... ordered in PE (where we live) last year and rocked up like 10th or something on the list (actually not sure but not top 5). Went to stellenbosch for the weekend and I went I went to the one dealership and asked about there waiting list and apparently only 3 people had ordered. So I now am no. 4 and will hopefully recieve it before year end.
apparently the RSA dealers will have more info on 2nd of May... not sure but thats when the sales person told me that she'll phone to give me the availabe specs
ciao

That’s great! You must keep the pressure on them and offer to pay a deposit. I found from experience that you must stay in contact with the dealer as much as possible to ensure that you get the car, you might even get it sooner than you expect if you show your enthusiasm.
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #20
anees
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Well done. We need more grammatically correct members. It gives the forum an educated feel and differentiates it from all the rest of the forums. It's good for everyone.
May the force be with you
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #21
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
16
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

BMW SA, press release.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57007
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #22
Giles
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3 Silverstone
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SA

iTrader: (0)

M3 Coupe Allocations for SA

Was at my local dealer today (Hyde Park) and they told me that apparently SA will only receive 40 cars this year and 120 next year. They reckon the waiting list is already more than 160 nationwide. If this is true, could be a while before some people see any cars if you are not on a list.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST