BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

2011 Calgary M-Power Event

Hey folks,

I received a very pleasant surprise last week when my CA called me up and invited us to a private "M-Power" Event at Race City here in Calgary. Apparently, this invitation-only event is open to owners and prospective owners of M cars.

This very special day will help my wife and I get a better appreciation for the capabilities of our M3 within the safe confines of a local race track.

Has anyone been to such an event? Any comments or feedback? As I understand it, this is much different than the BMW Performance Driving school offered?

We're looking forward to trying out the 1M, M3, X5M and X6M back to back!
Asif
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011 M Driving Event Itinerary.pdf (148.3 KB, 100 views)
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
84
Rep
3,515
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
That is awesome that they are doing this!!! That's one of the problems of being in a city of 400,000 people with only about 15 e9x M3s. Not enough critical mass for the dealership to do things like this. I bet it will be a great day.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
schnell325
Bored at work....
schnell325's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
3,875
Posts

 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

iTrader: (5)

Try being in a town of 80,000 with no dealer and you are the only E9x!!!



Sweet invitation, I hope you have a blast!
__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

I'll try and grab a few pics of the action!

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
Twinbo's Avatar
3
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Asif,

What is the date of this event?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Sandye90m3
Captain
Sandye90m3's Avatar
Canada
13
Rep
818
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

What day is this taking place???
__________________
M3.e90 JZB blacked out.coded.TurnerTestPipes
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Next Wednesday, August 17th.

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Nice Asif! Sure didn't give alot of notice for a Wednesday event. Can't wait for the details!
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Nice Asif! Sure didn't give alot of notice for a Wednesday event. Can't wait for the details!
Aint that the truth? Thankfully I was able to score a last minute flex day off from work!

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
Twinbo's Avatar
3
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Damn, I'll be lucky if the M is here by then. Still want to check it out though. Thanks for the heads up Asif!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
Damn, I'll be lucky if the M is here by then. Still want to check it out though. Thanks for the heads up Asif!
You don't need your own M-they supply driver training vehicles for the event. Also, the event is by invitation only, so I would recommend speaking to your CA if you are interested. Last I knew, the event was full.

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Well, I have to say, that driving an M3 on a track all-out today gave me a whole new appreciation for what "track inspired" really means.

The event as a whole was a top-class event, hosted by BMW Canada, and all the instructors and support staff were knowledgeable, personable, skilled and hospitable too. From the organization of the venue, to the display vehicles and training vehicles, everything about the event surpassed my expectations of the marque. If any fellow forum members in the future have this opportunity, I'd certainly recommend it to any M-car owner or prospective owner.

Can't wait till next week when I (finally) get to take delivery of my own M!

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
Well, I have to say, that driving an M3 on a track all-out today gave me a whole new appreciation for what "track inspired" really means.

The event as a whole was a top-class event, hosted by BMW Canada, and all the instructors and support staff were knowledgeable, personable, skilled and hospitable too. From the organization of the venue, to the display vehicles and training vehicles, everything about the event surpassed my expectations of the marque. If any fellow forum members in the future have this opportunity, I'd certainly recommend it to any M-car owner or prospective owner.

Can't wait till next week when I (finally) get to take delivery of my own M!

Asif
That sounds great. Hope they do something like this in TO. Maybe I'll ask my dealer....

Driving the M3 at BMW Driving School is what sold me to the M3. Very successful marketing strategy, at least in my case.

You must be excited about your car! I read you waited a long time....
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Cool. Sounds like fun Asif!
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #15
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
That sounds great. Hope they do something like this in TO. Maybe I'll ask my dealer....

Driving the M3 at BMW Driving School is what sold me to the M3. Very successful marketing strategy, at least in my case.

You must be excited about your car! I read you waited a long time....
Since all of today's cars and instructors were from Richmond Hill, I can only hazard a guess that an event like this is planned for Ontario. I'd certainly ask your CA.

You're absolutely spot on about the event being a marketing ploy. Indeed, a couple of the BMW personnel commented that the event is not only for current M owners, but also to convert those enthusiasts currently sold on other marques. As I say, I had not personally driven an M3 on a track until today, yet the experience an event like this provides is sure to entice/convince those buyers that have been pondering , or sitting on the fence about an M car purchase.

As for my wait; it's will be six months to the day on Sunday. I'm not sure how I've been able to stay sane, although, having a 10 month old infant at home makes the weeks and months just fly by. Those of you who are parents will understand, I'm sure. In any event, thanks to BMRLVR who has so graciously been tracking my car with CN rail, I've learned that it will finally arrive in Calgary on Monday, and I should have it by the middle of next week!

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Asif nice to know your car is finally arriving in Calgary, AGAIN! Be sure to take lots of pictures, and hopefully somebody sets up a meet before winter comes, it would be nice to see a load of ///M's in one place.

James
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #17
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post

As for my wait; it's will be six months to the day on Sunday. I'm not sure how I've been able to stay sane, although, having a 10 month old infant at home makes the weeks and months just fly by. Those of you who are parents will understand, I'm sure. In any event, thanks to BMRLVR who has so graciously been tracking my car with CN rail, I've learned that it will finally arrive in Calgary on Monday, and I should have it by the middle of next week!

Asif
+1 Asif. The time just rolls by. Counting their ages in weeks quickly turns to months and years (4 and 2 for mine). Enjoy every minute while you can!
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #18
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Asif nice to know your car is finally arriving in Calgary, AGAIN! Be sure to take lots of pictures, and hopefully somebody sets up a meet before winter comes, it would be nice to see a load of ///M's in one place.

James
James,

A meet sounds like a wonderful idea. It would be nice to finally put some faces to names. I'm not apt at arranging these things, but would be up for a quick meet/coffee or what not.

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #19
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
+1 Asif. The time just rolls by. Counting their ages in weeks quickly turns to months and years (4 and 2 for mine). Enjoy every minute while you can!
We have a hard time believing that ten months have flown by so quickly, and I'm sure a year, two years, even five years from now we'll be saying the same thing. Looking forward to all the changes and challenges each stage brings

Asif
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #20
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
We have a hard time believing that ten months have flown by so quickly, and I'm sure a year, two years, even five years from now we'll be saying the same thing. Looking forward to all the changes and challenges each stage brings

Asif
Time for #2!
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #21
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
Twinbo's Avatar
3
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
James,

A meet sounds like a wonderful idea. It would be nice to finally put some faces to names. I'm not apt at arranging these things, but would be up for a quick meet/coffee or what not.

Asif
I stopped by the event just to see what was going on and they were really helpful. Asked if I wanted to join the afternoon session but had meetings already. Looked like a ton of fun.

As for a meet, there is a show and shine on Wednesday nights at the Casino on Glenmore (Grey Eagle I think). It's open to all makes and models. Would be great to have 5-10 M's out there representing.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #22
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
I stopped by the event just to see what was going on and they were really helpful. Asked if I wanted to join the afternoon session but had meetings already. Looked like a ton of fun.

As for a meet, there is a show and shine on Wednesday nights at the Casino on Glenmore (Grey Eagle I think). It's open to all makes and models. Would be great to have 5-10 M's out there representing.

Thoughts?
Sure, lets pick a Wednesday and go with it. Providing that the weather is nice that is!

A
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Alpine White on Fox Red
2007 E90 335I Graphite on Terra
2005 E83 3.0I Mocha on Black (Gone and forgotten)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST