BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
SupremeDTM's Avatar
Philippines
4
Rep
261
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

I just got pulled over 3 houses away from my house.

I know my area and I know when motorcycle cops usually hide, but its never in the evening, let alone in almost complete darkness.... anyways i got clocked in at 57 in a 35, which sounds bad, but the usual flow of traffic on that stretch is 50ish (its a wide open stretch). My V1 had no chance since I got hit with laser. Oh well, this will keep me in check for awhile. He even got me for no plates on my car that is barely a month old. Hopefully he wont show up to court....
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
M2381
Major
M2381's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,287
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, GTI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Call the Sheriffs office to see what days he work
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
ferrari6891's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
973
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 M3, 11 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: tenafly, nj/ boston, ma

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [3.83]
thats shitty
GL in court
__________________
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
ACM Exhaust with CF tips, CF splitters, CF mirror caps, OEM Performance CF trunk Spoiler, gloss black side markers and hood vents, AW painted reflectors, matte black kidney grills, OSS-ACM Headlights, ZCP/GTS matte black wheels
Future: tints, RD sport springs, turner test pipes, CF roof vinyl
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
SupremeDTM's Avatar
Philippines
4
Rep
261
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2381 View Post
Call the Sheriffs office to see what days he work
Will they tell me that sort of information outright?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
Rick
Stackin' Chips
Rick's Avatar
No_Country
23
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Monica, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2381 View Post
Call the Sheriffs office to see what days he work
Shouldn't matter, don't they get paid time-and-a-half for going to court? I would still fight the ticket hoping he no-shows. Good luck, there's always online traffic school...

edit: I know a temporary solution to pass inspection for your front plate, PM me if you want.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
39
Rep
1,974
Posts

 
Drives: E92 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
Shouldn't matter, don't they get paid time-and-a-half for going to court? I would still fight the ticket hoping he no-shows. Good luck, there's always online traffic school...

edit: I know a temporary solution to pass inspection for your front plate, PM me if you want.
Just post the solution here. Why pm? Zip ties? LOL.
__________________


MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #7
PrinceSmooth
First Lieutenant
PrinceSmooth's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
347
Posts

 
Drives: '12 X6 M
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
yeah, stop trying to hide things from us
__________________
09' E92 M3 | IB |Black | Carbon Leather | 19" Option Wheels | DCT | Akrapovic Full Exhaust | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Arkym Front Bumper | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake | (Delivered 3/7/09)
RIP!!!! Miss you dearly
'12 X6 M Carbon Black / Akrapovic Evo / AR Design downpipes / ESS tune
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 01:03 AM   #8
Shade
Captain
Shade's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: 12 AW F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago / Hong Kong

iTrader: (1)

GL man !
__________________


08 E92 M3 AW M-DCT

09 INDxRENN-SPEC Project GT-R
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 01:28 AM   #9
Rick
Stackin' Chips
Rick's Avatar
No_Country
23
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Monica, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
Just post the solution here. Why pm? Zip ties? LOL.
Just too lazy to type

- painters tape on the front bumper.
- adhesive velcro over the painter's tape.
- adhesive velcro on back of front license plate bracket.
- attach front plate bracket by sliding 2 tabs underneath into slits in bumper, make sure velcro on bracket is lined up with velcro on bumper.
- note: it's best to attach the bracket in this manner right before you have the inspection done, you can remove it immediately after you leave the inspection station so it does not fall off when you are driving.

Most police stations in So Cal will charge you a $15 dollar inspection fee for signing off on the fix-it ticket. You can typically avoid this fee by taking it to a CHP inspection station. This fee is separate from the administrative fee (it was $10 for me) the court charges you for processing the signed-off ticket. Hope this helps.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #10
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
SupremeDTM's Avatar
Philippines
4
Rep
261
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #11
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
39
Rep
1,974
Posts

 
Drives: E92 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
Just too lazy to type

- painters tape on the front bumper.
- adhesive velcro over the painter's tape.
- adhesive velcro on back of front license plate bracket.
- attach front plate bracket by sliding 2 tabs underneath into slits in bumper, make sure velcro on bracket is lined up with velcro on bumper.
- note: it's best to attach the bracket in this manner right before you have the inspection done, you can remove it immediately after you leave the inspection station so it does not fall off when you are driving.

Most police stations in So Cal will charge you a $15 dollar inspection fee for signing off on the fix-it ticket. You can typically avoid this fee by taking it to a CHP inspection station. This fee is separate from the administrative fee (it was $10 for me) the court charges you for processing the signed-off ticket. Hope this helps.
Nice! Thanks!
__________________


MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 05:13 AM   #12
booforty
Major General
booforty's Avatar
United Kingdom
129
Rep
8,813
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
So will you be fined?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #13
gasman mike
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 Jerez black
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cary NC

iTrader: (0)

Supreme, You should know better than to speed through your own neighborhood. People expect a degree of safety in their own neighborhoods. But when the people that actually live there can't control themselves and thus endanger everyone else what do you do? My hood has a big problem with a-holes speeding down our streets and one day someone's child or pet is going to be hurt. All because someone couldn't control their own behavior. Of course the flip side to that argument is if the person had absolutely no desire to control their behavior which would imply a sociopathic element to the speeding.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #14
ersin
Brigadier General
ersin's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
4,068
Posts

 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Cops usually get payed straight time for being in court and it is usually considered part of their duty. But, go to court anyway. Whether he shows or not, the judge, unless he is having a bad day, will usually give you a break if you have a clean record. Hiring a lawyer would be a good thing too if you don't mind spending the money.

And be careful in the neighborhood.
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #15
BMWI6
Major
BMWI6's Avatar
Colombia
32
Rep
1,322
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, Fl

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman mike View Post
Supreme, You should know better than to speed through your own neighborhood. People expect a degree of safety in their own neighborhoods. But when the people that actually live there can't control themselves and thus endanger everyone else what do you do? My hood has a big problem with a-holes speeding down our streets and one day someone's child or pet is going to be hurt. All because someone couldn't control their own behavior. Of course the flip side to that argument is if the person had absolutely no desire to control their behavior which would imply a sociopathic element to the speeding.
you should know better than to post those gay ass comments here... he explained that the traffic flow is 50ish in that road.... sell your m3 and get a prius..
__________________
If everything seems under control, then you aren't going fast enough"
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #16
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,555
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
that sucks.. fight em!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #17
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
ferrari6891's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
973
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 M3, 11 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: tenafly, nj/ boston, ma

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
you should know better than to post those gay ass comments here... he explained that the traffic flow is 50ish in that road.... sell your m3 and get a prius..
+1
__________________
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
ACM Exhaust with CF tips, CF splitters, CF mirror caps, OEM Performance CF trunk Spoiler, gloss black side markers and hood vents, AW painted reflectors, matte black kidney grills, OSS-ACM Headlights, ZCP/GTS matte black wheels
Future: tints, RD sport springs, turner test pipes, CF roof vinyl
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #18
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
you should know better than to post those gay ass comments here... he explained that the traffic flow is 50ish in that road.... sell your m3 and get a prius..
I concur.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
pittsy
Captain
pittsy's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
860
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

have you seen this for the front license plate: http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...a2cf638863eab0
__________________
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #20
Rick
Stackin' Chips
Rick's Avatar
No_Country
23
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Monica, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Cops usually get payed straight time for being in court and it is usually considered part of their duty. But, go to court anyway. Whether he shows or not, the judge, unless he is having a bad day, will usually give you a break if you have a clean record. Hiring a lawyer would be a good thing too if you don't mind spending the money.

And be careful in the neighborhood.
Google "police court overtime"

There seems to be many cases of overtime abuse as well.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #21
valeram
Major
14
Rep
1,346
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin, OH

iTrader: (0)

It looks like somebody reported you. You should be careful along 35 mph neighborhood. You can drive fast on the highway, if you prefer, but just stick to the posted speed limit along residential area.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #22
booforty
Major General
booforty's Avatar
United Kingdom
129
Rep
8,813
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
So what's the penalty?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST