BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
jeffrainem3pride
Registered
 
Drives: 2003 BMW 325i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Windsor, Colorado

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 BMW 325i  [0.00]
M3 performance questions

Hey guys new to this forum. Im looking at upgrading from my 325i to an M3. after I get an M3 I would like to add a turbo kit possibly. Just wondering how much hp the s65 v8 can handle to the wheels with out new interals. and also how strong the 7 speed double clutch trany is and if it would be a better idea to just go with the 6 speed manual. and also if anyone has done a turbo kit what did you use and what is a good mach for that engine?
jeffrainem3pride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
sg///M3
Lieutenant
 
sg///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 437
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrainem3pride View Post
Hey guys new to this forum. Im looking at upgrading from my 325i to an M3. after I get an M3 I would like to add a turbo kit possibly. Just wondering how much hp the s65 v8 can handle to the wheels with out new interals. and also how strong the 7 speed double clutch trany is and if it would be a better idea to just go with the 6 speed manual. and also if anyone has done a turbo kit what did you use and what is a good mach for that engine?
No one makes a turbo kit for the s65 M3. Only superchargers. 650HP seems to be about the max without new internals and from what I understand the DCT handles that fine.
Try the search function on the forum for more info and specifics.
sg///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
jeffrainem3pride
Registered
 
Drives: 2003 BMW 325i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Windsor, Colorado

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 BMW 325i  [0.00]
ahh okay see i knew they made superchargers but I didnt know they didnt make a turbo kit. I was actually thinking about doing the supercharger but just wasnt sure. thanks for the info i looked all over to try to find the specs on horse power capabilities of that platform and got nothin.
jeffrainem3pride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
M3_FTW
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 Edition Model
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Africa

Posts: 113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg///M3 View Post
No one makes a turbo kit for the s65 M3. Only superchargers. 650HP seems to be about the max without new internals and from what I understand the DCT handles that fine.
Try the search function on the forum for more info and specifics.
Wrong. Here in South Africa, SAVspeed make turbo kits for the E9x M3's

Check http://www.savspeed.co.za/secret.html
M3_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #5
mjposner
Major
 
mjposner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

Posts: 1,096
iTrader: (2)

Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_FTW View Post
Wrong. Here in South Africa, SAVspeed make turbo kits for the E9x M3's

Check http://www.savspeed.co.za/secret.html
I think that is a one off not a kit.

One Supercharger Kit for sale in US

http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...el-1-p142.aspx
__________________
Previous BMW: 14 M235i, 11 BMW M3; 08 BMW M3; 08 BMW Z4M; 04 X3; 02 M3 Convertible; 02 M3; 00 M Roadster; 94 325 convertible; 85 635csi
My other ride: www.mjposner.com/corvair
Check out my Mountain retreat:www.blueridge-rental.com
My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
mjposner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
M3_FTW
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 Edition Model
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Africa

Posts: 113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
I think that is a one off not a kit.

One Supercharger Kit for sale in US

http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...el-1-p142.aspx
Well, you could say that. However, he will more than likely be doing it with more and more cars. A possibility of a "kit" might become a reality

I was just pointing out that a S65 has been turbo'd
M3_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,103
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Jbook
Major
 
Jbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 ESS E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Bay Area

Posts: 1,268
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
http://www.esstuning.com/categories/...252dSeries/M3/

Enough said
__________________
ESS VT2-625 w/ DCT Software | Awron Gauge | 19" BBS FI | Ohlins R&T w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates | Alekshop Subframe Bushings | RD Sport Sway Bars F&R | Dinan Strut Braces & Pedals | Brembo GT 380 F&R w/ Endless Pads | Akrapovic GT4 | Vorsteiner GTS-V Lip | 3D Design Diffuser | Platte Forme CF Side Skirt Extensions | BMW Performance Seats, CF Spoiler, CF Mirror Covers & Steering Wheel
Jbook is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Will@P
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sanford, FL.

Posts: 456
iTrader: (0)

http://vf-engineering.com/e9092-m3/

Enough said now.
Will@P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Moxie's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

Posts: 1,859
iTrader: (11)

http://store.activeautowerke.com/com...r-kits-c3.aspx

http://www.g-power.de/1113.html?&L=1
Moxie is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST