BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
froz3ngray
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bahrain

iTrader: (0)

Will 07-10 exhaust fit a 2011?

Hey guys, found an exhaust that I want to install on my car, but its built for07-10 model M3,

My M3 is a 2011 however.... So will it fit ? If not, are the neccessary modifications easy to fix in order for it to fit?

Any info would be helpful!

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather
England
2
Rep
121
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 White E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bristol, England

iTrader: (0)

Identical system! I regularly switch exhausts with my friend, mine is a '10 and his is a '08. There isn't anything different accept the length of the tips on the back-box. As long as its from the same shape (EG: Coupe to Coupe) then you will have no problems what so ever

I can't remember in which order but are the E93 (Convertible) tips the longest? and the E92/91 are the same?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
froz3ngray
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bahrain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialScott View Post
Identical system! I regularly switch exhausts with my friend, mine is a '10 and his is a '08. There isn't anything different accept the length of the tips on the back-box. As long as its from the same shape (EG: Coupe to Coupe) then you will have no problems what so ever

I can't remember in which order but are the E93 (Convertible) tips the longest? and the E92/91 are the same?
You are switching between 08 and 10 meaning it is the same,

when you search for exhaust it comes 07-10 as one category, and 11-13 as another.

I want to put an 08 exhaust on a 11...

Also its off a convertible, my car is coupe
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather
England
2
Rep
121
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 White E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bristol, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
You are switching between 08 and 10 meaning it is the same,

when you search for exhaust it comes 07-10 as one category, and 11-13 as another.
Still the same, as long as its for the correct body shape then the it doesn't matter the year of the car. Identical systems. I'm sure more people will chime in and put you're mind to rest if you don't believe me.

Quote:
Also its off a convertible, my car is coupe
Then it won't fit properly at all, the tips will either be to long or too shorts. It will look AWFUL. It must be from the same E9X shape.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
113
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialScott View Post
Identical system! I regularly switch exhausts with my friend, mine is a '10 and his is a '08. There isn't anything different accept the length of the tips on the back-box. As long as its from the same shape (EG: Coupe to Coupe) then you will have no problems what so ever

I can't remember in which order but are the E93 (Convertible) tips the longest? and the E92/91 are the same?
length of the tips is different from years?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
///M3THOD's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,571
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL/Buckhead

iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialScott View Post
Still the same, as long as its for the correct body shape then the it doesn't matter the year of the car. Identical systems. I'm sure more people will chime in and put you're mind to rest if you don't believe me.



Then it won't fit properly at all, the tips will either be to long or too shorts. It will look AWFUL. It must be from the same E9X shape.
I think you are mistaken. E93 and E92 use the same exhaust. The only difference in an e93/92 in the exhaust setup is the triangular brace bar underneath e93's. This prevents you from running some aftermarket exhausts like the Megan.

The tips on E90 are shorter, but e93/92 are swappable. I have swapped an E92 OEM exhaust onto my car without problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather
England
2
Rep
121
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 White E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bristol, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
I think you are mistaken. E93 and E92 use the same exhaust. The only difference in an e93/92 in the exhaust setup is the triangular brace bar underneath e93's. This prevents you from running some aftermarket exhausts like the Megan.

The tips on E90 are shorter, but e93/92 are swappable. I have swapped an E92 OEM exhaust onto my car without problem.
This man knows!

I knew one shape was different, i guess its logical that the saloon shape has different length tips as the back end is pretty different.

OP - It looks like you're ok! It should fit

Quote:
length of the tips is different from years?
Not throughout the years, just between the shapes. The Saloon has shorter tips, ///M3THOD just cleared that up.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST