BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

07-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Mpressed
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

First time Mobile Detailing in So Cal

This is my first time getting a mobile detail at my house.
I got some bird etch on few parts of my jet black paint and it burned into the paint!! I asked around and I was recommended to Scott @ FMD.

The Company: Forbes Mobile Detailing ( Forbesmd.com ) sounds like healthcare for elites. Recommended to me by my friends with nicer cars.

Anyways, I got called and got quoted $25 for a basic wash (had no idea it was so cheap to wash at home) ......

The result ? 10/10, This guy is very careful and more anal than i was. lol

Scott was nice enough to help me polish away some scratches and MY BIRD Etches which was a relief. I wish I would have gotten before and after pictures of the paint quality after he worked his magic.

Just wanted to share my experience.
Attached Images

09 E90 DCT -> Squeaks and Rattle package

03 Boosted IS300
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
I would say you get what you pay for but as long as you are satisfied then that's all that matter. If you want real talent and quality I would recommend lucci elite
nice subtle thread crap without seeing the work in person

comparing both website price sheets, they are actually pretty close to one another...

http://forbesmd.com/services.html

http://www.luccielite.com/index.php?...d=48&Itemid=54

so your "you get what you pay for" comment holds no worth there...

OP, thanx for posting, glad you are happy with the work you received...

lucci may be as good if not better than fmd, but for LA customer's lucci might not be an option....
      07-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Quote:
^My comment about worth and money wasnt supposed to hold any value because like I said the op is happy and at that point it doesn't matter what I think. Just because lucci doesn't post on m3post don't go judging. Do a little search on l4p and you'll be not only blown away by the cars they work on but quality of work. They are mobile detailers for socal as well. I only informed the op about them because I haven't come across mobile detailers in socal who do the same work as lucci. Please do your homework before you try to call out another forum member

Envious Eric and Joe @ Superior come to mind and both are way more established especially in Joe's case.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Dare
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 Montego Blue

Garage List
2011 E92 335iS  [0.00]
2005 330ci E46  [0.00]
2008 E92  [0.00]
Your car looks great!!

And to the other posters... why can't we all just get along??
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
^My comment about worth and money wasnt supposed to hold any value because like I said the op is happy and at that point it doesn't matter what I think. Just because lucci doesn't post on m3post don't go judging. Do a little search on l4p and you'll be not only blown away by the cars they work on but quality of work. They are mobile detailers for socal as well. I only informed the op about them because I haven't come across mobile detailers in socal who do the same work as lucci. Please do your homework before you try to call out another forum member
was not judging lucci's work, never once did i state nor elude to lucci's work being sub-par, where on the other hand you eluded to regardin fmd, along with your condescending remark/back handed compliment to the OP..."you get what you pay for" and "as long as you're happy", then state "if you want real talent and quality..." all without seeing the work in person nor detailed pics is crapping, like it or not. Again, glad you know/found a mobile detailer you can recc without hesitation....

OP, I'll stop posting now as to not further take this thread OT, apologies to you. rjd, feel free to pm me if you feel the need to continue this discussion...

Last edited by geneatals; 07-30-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0