BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
wellee
Wellee

Drives: Alpine White 535i M Sport

335i loaner

I have a 335i loaner while my car is in the shop. All I gotta say is, Man, my M3 is a totally different animal!!! I used to drive a 335 and traded it in for the M3 back in December. Over the past 7 months, I\'ve really enjoyed the M and have \"gotten used to it.\" But after jumping in the 335 today, I realize that although the 335\'s a great car, you just cannot compare the driving experience to the pure joy of an M3.

The M\'s responsiveness, effortless handling, engine sound, smooth power, good looks, etc. is altogether just plain awesome. I notice now - compared to before - that the 335 frequently has that 1 to 2 second lag from the time the accelerator is pressed to when you really start moving. Annoying. I have to time it right in order to accelerate at the right moment. I must say, though, that it feels great when the torque kicks in, albeit briefly. I miss that \"sudden pull\" feeling. But the M3, like many have said, is deceptively fast and steady when accelerating. It\'s just so smooth and pulls for so long! Instant throttle response! I wouldn\'t trade that sensation for the rather inconsistent power delivery of the 335. Totally different feeling.

For anyone torn between the 2 cars, choose the M3. I drive mine almost every day, and will never regret the switch. The thing is a beast, and I appreciate it even more now.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Can\'t wait to get my M3 back.
wellee is offline   United_States
      07-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Benjjman007
Lieutenant

Drives: On Order: F80 M3

Garage List
2007 Audi RS4  [0.00]
+1. Love the fit and finish feel of the ///M. Feels higher quality than the 335...

SOLD: 2013 E92 M3 Frozen Grey/Black Extended with Estroil Blue Contrasting Stitching, Competition, Premium, Heated Seats, Premium Sound, Satellite, BMW Apps.
Benjjman007 is offline   United_States