BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

ESS Tuning

07-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #45
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
These are the types of hot air numbers Izzy was talking about.* They've never produced a 800whp dyno, let alone a 700whp dyno.* Tightie is the only person with a stage-3 to go on record and say what his car produced (but still didn't show a dyno).* He said his car only made 650whp STD corrected on a Dynojet.* That's probably only 640whp SAE corrected.* His car is a 4.2L Gintani stage-3.* So if Tightie's got 640whp @ 14PSI SAE, so can somebody tell me how Eugene gets to 800whp on 2 more PSI (16PSI) without using the magic Gintani dyno?* The way I do the math, for $30k, you get a 4.2L stage-3 motor that only makes about 6 more whp than it would if you had taken a 4.2L ESS VT2-650 with stock compression.

We all would love to see some of those facts -- maybe you can be the first Gintani stage-3 owner to show an independent dyno (or even the magic Gintani dyno), or vbox times, or drag times.* Or maybe you could tell people that you're a Gintani employee too instead of posing on the forums as an ordinary customer and telling them your car runs great.

Not one issue?* Really?* Alex has been telling people that your crankshaft was severely discolored when it was removed.* He's been saying that your crankshaft got so hot it turned blue.* Got any pictures of your engine build you'd like to share?

No doubt your car is stupid fast.* But for $30k, I would expect more than 6whp gain over a blown 4.2L S65 motor.* If these aren't the facts, then by all means post your dyno, vbox, and drag results for everybody to see.* Maybe Eugene will be the first and post his results. Back in September of last year, Eugene said on some VW forum that he was heading to the dyno with his Gintani stage-3 in a week or two.* 10 months later...and nothing.* It's always the same story.

wow! I didn't know my name was going to be in this again....

but I don't care for dyno numbers it ranges from dyno to dyno and there are way to many things that car change a number!
NOT MY CUP OF TEA!

I like the see the cars performance on the road or the track.

Guys! this guy is just asking for advise not saying who post what and when or did that...

simple questions need simple answers.

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
      07-29-2011, 02:42 AM   #46
phusion974
Lieutenant

Drives: OE Tuned C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
wow! I didn't know my name was going to be in this again....

but I don't care for dyno numbers it ranges from dyno to dyno and there are way to many things that car change a number!
NOT MY CUP OF TEA!

I like the see the cars performance on the road or the track.

Guys! this guy is just asking for advise not saying who post what and when or did that...

simple questions need simple answers.
Ill drink to that!!
Well said Eugene.
phusion974 is offline   Armenia
      07-29-2011, 05:34 AM   #47
mshab356
Go ///M or go home

Drives: a ///Monster

All of you need to...

mshab356 is offline   United_States
      07-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #48
Kyoshi71
Colonel

Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974 View Post
Not as bad as here....
A little comment or misconception on M3post (don't know about other BMW sites) snowball's into a full blown shit storm.
Don't know if its the maturity level or what, but being an active member on numerous other forums there isn't half as much drama or shit talking as there is over here.
There's a lot more spoiled brats here. Wise ass kids rolling around with daddy's money acting like they earned it themselves. No names will be mentioned

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
      07-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #49
Kyoshi71
Colonel

Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Oh and I'm sure it will run just perfectly (sarcasm)

If you need a 4.6 engine, why on Earth would you ever go anywhere other than Dinan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
Hey Bro! I have not idea why you say these things of other companies which you have no idea what is going on! I'm driving a built motor Gintani set up and I love my car. I drive it everyday and I track my car as well and it has not given me problems at all!!!!

and and soon like in 3-4 weeks another M3 in Taiwan will have the same set up but on a DCT car.

so I'm going off facts.. not just want people write which can be real or not.

and I think we all don't have a right to hear people and their company like that. Just put yourself if their shoes...

come on dude
Eugene, with all due respect, because you've always been a stand-up guy on the forum and I truly dig your input and your clips (subscribed ), I didn't just fall off the turnip truck last night. I've been around for a while and think it's a little naive on your part to assume that, just because I have a negative opinion of Gintani, I don't have any idea what's going on.

First let me say that I'm really glad that your car is kicking ass all over Taiwan and I hope it runs perfectly forever. You however, have to understand that a company's reputation isnt build on just 1 or 2 motors and over the course of the last couple of years, many Gintani cars, namely SC cars, didn't run so well. If Gintani has undergone some "on the job improvement" and their products are reflecting that then thats phenominal for you and anyone else going forward. However, the past is the past.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
      07-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #50
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General

Quote:
Eugene, with all due respect, because you've always been a stand-up guy on the forum and I truly dig your input and your clips (subscribed ), I didn't just fall off the turnip truck last night. I've been around for a while and think it's a little naive on your part to assume that, just because I have a negative opinion of Gintani, I don't have any idea what's going on.

First let me say that I'm really glad that your car is kicking ass all over Taiwan and I hope it runs perfectly forever. You however, have to understand that a company's reputation isnt build on just 1 or 2 motors and over the course of the last couple of years, many Gintani cars, namely SC cars, didn't run so well. If Gintani has undergone some "on the job improvement" and their products are reflecting that then thats phenominal for you and anyone else going forward. However, the past is the past.
Bro! Respect on your words and comments!

I guess its hard to build up name from ground zero (Gintani) its harder to take a beating (by words on the forum) when your new to the internet.

present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
      07-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #51
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General

Quote:
There's a lot more spoiled brats here. Wise ass kids rolling around with daddy's money acting like they earned it themselves. No names will be mentioned

07-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #52
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant

Drives: Donkey

everyone get help from their parents and I think it's out of topic
what a childish comment I ever seen on this board
E92 M3 DCT/ESS VT-575/FABSPEED hfc's/AE exhaust/BBS LM 19'/ KW CS/RD sways/STOPTECH TK/ RECARO PP /BMW PSW/WIECHERS SPORT roll cage/CF parts that covers the back seat/VRS hood/bumper/csl trunk/diffuser type 2/CF:mirror cap/side & front grills
LV-E92M3 is offline   Afghanistan
      07-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #53
xccess
Private

Drives: none

my god I asked on questions and got so may people come out from the wood with drama, just like one of the Audi forums (Audizine.com).

I am really interesting to hear from people who actually have them or run them. These days internet forums filled with nothing but rumor via grapevine.
      07-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #54
alpine335i
Captain

Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi

Yeah on m3post if you ask about Gintani products, The ESS know it Alls always chime in for some reason. And if someone who actually has Gintani products responds they are fan boys. welcome! Call Gintani and they will answer all your questions. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xccess View Post
my god I asked on questions and got so may people come out from the wood with drama, just like one of the Audi forums (Audizine.com).

I am really interesting to hear from people who actually have them or run them. These days internet forums filled with nothing but rumor via grapevine.