BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
spiff
The Dr
 
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spiff
When you feel that "Step" in your life. First M3.

After a grueling 2 years at College, 2 years at Film School, and finally hitting the first full year of employment out of college; I was able to get myself a 2009 E90 M3.

Holy crap does it feel good!

I have to hand it to my girlfriend, Schatzi, for stepping up her game and getting the car of her dreams: a BMW 1M.

Her thread is here:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556123

After we both graduated college, landed jobs, and got situated with our lives, we both knew that the one thing we shared in common the most (cars) was ready to be taken care of. At least the first stage..

Needless to say, I was jealous, inspired, motivated, and so extremely happy for her.

It was barely 3 weeks and while she was in Florida for a week I had managed to pick this beast up the morning of her arrival. Low and behold after waiting for the head of the dealership to sign off on the deal that the salesman had proposed: THE CAR WAS MINE!

I managed to finish the paperwork just in the nick of time to pick her up from the airport- WITHOUT HER KNOWING!

The look on her face: Priceless.

I can't thank the guys at Nick Alexander BMW enough for getting me the deal they did.

Here is the first photo, with many more to follow after a proper photoshoot. I just NEEDED to get a thread going, and formally introduce myself.

Here she is, and you can spot something else a few spots over .



So much more to talk about with this car, but this should be a plenty first post.

- 2009
- 26k Miles
- Alpine
- Black Novillo
- 6SPD
- Nav
- Comfort Access
- EDC
- Moonroof

Hi-Fi system is surprisingly great, and I am totally happy with it.

GOD DAMN THIS CAR IS FUN TO DRIVE!

- Dan B
__________________
2008 E90 M3 / 2013 F800GT
"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
ddoggm3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Altos Hills, CA

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Congrats, Dan!!! I know exactly how you feel. I was in your same position: 4 years of college, 2 years of grad school, and 1 year of work =D I got my car 4 months ago

Ended up with an 08 coupe similar specs to your ride. I have yet to mod it (I don't even feel the need to)

Enjoy your car, buddy!!!
__________________
ddoggm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
quackman
Lieutenant
 
quackman's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3 6mt
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hempstead, NY

Posts: 425
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to quackman
So.... you have an M3 and your gf has a 1M coupe? That's AWESOME! Congratulations! They both look great in white
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite e90 M3 6spd
quackman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Bonziii82
Private
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 - 2010
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 96
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Bonziii82 Send a message via Yahoo to Bonziii82
Awesome!...Nice ride and enjoy
Bonziii82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
gnhm3
Major
 
gnhm3's Avatar
 
Drives: 12' e92 m3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West LA

Posts: 1,488
iTrader: (17)

Congrats
__________________
gnhm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
onnex
Major
 
onnex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Encinitas

Posts: 1,039
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.67]
Send a message via AIM to onnex
congrats on the car!

you definitely realize all the work (and late hours) are worth it when you drive home
__________________
2011 Matte Metallic Blue E92 M3 | 6MT | Black Novillo / Black Carbon Leather | 20" DPE SP-SC 5 | LS3 V1 LEDs + full blackout | Full Amuse Ericsson Kit | Test Pipes + IPE | RD Sport Springs |
onnex is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Midwest X6
Captain
 
Midwest X6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X3 28xi
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Midwest

Posts: 823
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
After a grueling 2 years at College, 2 years at Film School, and finally hitting the first full year of employment out of college; I was able to get myself a 2009 E90 M3.

Holy crap does it feel good!

I have to hand it to my girlfriend, Schatzi, for stepping up her game and getting the car of her dreams: a BMW 1M.

Her thread is here:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556123

After we both graduated college, landed jobs, and got situated with our lives, we both knew that the one thing we shared in common the most (cars) was ready to be taken care of. At least the first stage..

Needless to say, I was jealous, inspired, motivated, and so extremely happy for her.

It was barely 3 weeks and while she was in Florida for a week I had managed to pick this beast up the morning of her arrival. Low and behold after waiting for the head of the dealership to sign off on the deal that the salesman had proposed: THE CAR WAS MINE!

I managed to finish the paperwork just in the nick of time to pick her up from the airport- WITHOUT HER KNOWING!

The look on her face: Priceless.

I can't thank the guys at Nick Alexander BMW enough for getting me the deal they did.

Here is the first photo, with many more to follow after a proper photoshoot. I just NEEDED to get a thread going, and formally introduce myself.

Here she is, and you can spot something else a few spots over .



So much more to talk about with this car, but this should be a plenty first post.

- 2009
- 26k Miles
- Alpine
- Black Novillo
- 6SPD
- Nav
- Comfort Access
- EDC
- Moonroof

Hi-Fi system is surprisingly great, and I am totally happy with it.

GOD DAMN THIS CAR IS FUN TO DRIVE!

- Dan B
Not sure if I should congratulate you, or offer you and your spouse condolences for going into $90k worth of BMW debt?

J/K bros....Congrats on the cars and for your success to-date. I have a son who's just entering his freshman year @ Parsons. I hope his path is as successful as yours has been

Enjoy the cars!
__________________
Current Ride: 2013\28xi\Deep Sea Blue\Oyster Nevada Leather\Fineline Sienna Trim\Sport Activity \Cold Weather\Premium\Comfort Access\Navigation\Panoramic Moon Roof\BMW Assist

Previous Rides: E92 M3, E70 X5 35d, E71 X6 50i, E71 X6 35i,E60 550i, E46 M3 Cabriolet, E39 540i, E36 328i
Midwest X6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the new rides.

If your household is any reflection of these forums there should be some MASSIVE fights as to what car is the better "value", "track car", "ride", etc...lol.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,933
iTrader: (4)

__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #10
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Nice combo! Enjoy in good health guys!
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
spiff
The Dr
 
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoggm3 View Post
Congrats, Dan!!! I know exactly how you feel. I was in your same position: 4 years of college, 2 years of grad school, and 1 year of work =D I got my car 4 months ago

Ended up with an 08 coupe similar specs to your ride. I have yet to mod it (I don't even feel the need to)

Enjoy your car, buddy!!!
I know how you feel- this car is so well setup as-is there is no 'need' for me to do anything (yet). I think I may actually try to do a dealer trade-in in the wheels and swap them for some Competition wheels. Unsure about that.

Congrats to you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackman View Post
So.... you have an M3 and your gf has a 1M coupe? That's AWESOME! Congratulations! They both look great in white
Thanks man! Yeah- her car is NUTS. It puts a smile on my face parking my bike next to it every day when I come home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonziii82 View Post
Awesome!...Nice ride and enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex View Post
congrats on the car!

you definitely realize all the work (and late hours) are worth it when you drive home
Thanks!

I ride my motorcycle as a daily, so the M3 will be a weekend/track/fun car. I can't WAIT for my weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6 View Post
Not sure if I should congratulate you, or offer you and your spouse condolences for going into $90k worth of BMW debt?

J/K bros....Congrats on the cars and for your success to-date. I have a son who's just entering his freshman year @ Parsons. I hope his path is as successful as yours has been

Enjoy the cars!
The debt isn't that much, so don't you worry . We both are working hard to play hard, and we know that part of the playing doesn't include massive debt, so we definitely waited for the right time to get these cars (in addition to do it with responsibility).

Best of luck to your son. Best piece of advice I can give him: Network. Don't take anything personally. And most importantly, don't ever wait for 'that phone call'. You have to go out and GET the job you want. And if you fail 100 interviews, don't cry about it, just keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Congrats on the new rides.

If your household is any reflection of these forums there should be some MASSIVE fights as to what car is the better "value", "track car", "ride", etc...lol.
You have no idea.... It is extremely fun to drive around next to her though. Her car still has another 600 miles until break-in is done, so we shall find out soon enough!
__________________
2008 E90 M3 / 2013 F800GT
"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #12
spiff
The Dr
 
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spiff
__________________
2008 E90 M3 / 2013 F800GT
"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
signes
Brigadier General
 
signes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k

Posts: 4,185
iTrader: (3)

E30 M3 in the garage, too?

Sounds like you are doing a lot better than most people I've known right after film school. Nice stable to play with, congrats.
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
signes is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
Benjjman007
Lieutenant
 
Benjjman007's Avatar
 
Drives: On Order: F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California

Posts: 461
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 Audi RS4  [0.00]
Congrats! Can't wait for my AW beast to arrive
__________________
On Order: 2015 F80 M3 Sedan

SOLD: 2013 E92 M3 Frozen Grey/Black Extended with Estroil Blue Contrasting Stitching, Competition, Premium, Heated Seats, Premium Sound, Satellite, BMW Apps.
Benjjman007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #15
HighRevM
First Lieutenant
 
HighRevM's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 333
iTrader: (1)

Nice pick up bro. I went to see that car at the dealer, decided not to
get it. There are very good people at Nick Alexander BMW.
HighRevM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #16
DooBs
Captain
 
DooBs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles / San Diego, California

Posts: 761
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
oooooooooooowow! amazing. What is that one in the back?
DooBs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #17
k5ng
Second Lieutenant
 
k5ng's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Silverstone/DCT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

!! Congrats!!
__________________

2008 E92 335xi Sparkling Graphite/Coral Red (gone)
2011 E93 M3 6MT JZB/Ext Bamboo (gone)
2013 E93 M3 DCT SSII/Palladium,Blk,Blk
k5ng is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #18
spiff
The Dr
 
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
E30 M3 in the garage, too?

Sounds like you are doing a lot better than most people I've known right after film school. Nice stable to play with, congrats.
No E30 M3.

It's a 1990 325i Sedan auto. Delphigrau. Picked it up a few months ago, did a nice suspension refresh with HR Sports/BS's, CAB's, tie rods...etc...

Got some OEM Style 10's and had them refinished, machined, and then re-painted.

It was actually my pops, but I bought it off him to use as a DD when I don't want to ride the moto in (weather or laziness).

I'll get some pics of that up too.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 / 2013 F800GT
"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
elm3
M3 Lover
 
elm3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canton, GA.

Posts: 1,850
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Congrats to the both of you.
__________________
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue, 6MT, Silver Novillo Leather, CF Trim, Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound, 19" Wheels, Moonroof-Toy/ '11 E90 328i Black Saphire Metallic, Premium Package, Technology Package - Daily Driver '02 Nissan Xterra- Daily Driver/ '04 Yamaha R1-Toy/ '06 Yamaha Raptor 350-Toy
elm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #20
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Sounds like you are doing a lot better than most people I've known right after film school. Nice stable to play with, congrats.
Hey, adult films are BIG business, lol.
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #21
Rob@SW
 
Rob@SW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 MW/FR E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Florida

Posts: 2,410
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Rob@SW
Congrats to you and the gf man! Mine is looking to pick up a 135i haha
Rob@SW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #22
F82_SID
Brigadier General
 
F82_SID's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

Posts: 3,104
iTrader: (2)

That is pretty sweet that your girl is in to bimmers as well. I tought my girl to drive stick on my 335i and now she wants a bimmer too.

Can I ask a question though? Did you guys plan on getting the same white/black combo?
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
F82_SID is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST