BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

....Help With Interior Trim....

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone local has experience with swapping the
E92 M3 interior trim. Or any recommendations for a good place to
get it done. I know I can go to the dealer but figured I would
ask here to see if anyone has some good input. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

I have an E90 and swapped it out myself. It is pretty easy just have to watch the piece that has the start button as there are wires attached. If you need some help let me know.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I have an E90 and swapped it out myself. It is pretty easy just have to watch the piece that has the start button as there are wires attached. If you need some help let me know.
Ok amazing! what tools did you use? I have heard some people use a credit card lol but others use specific tools that you can get from griotsgarage. Id really appeciate some help with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
Ok amazing! what tools did you use? I have heard some people use a credit card lol but others use specific tools that you can get from griotsgarage. Id really appeciate some help with it.

I have set of interior trim tools. 4 or 5 pieces and it was pretty cheap. I cant remember where I bought it, ECS tuning I think for around $10-$20.

Let me know when you would like a hand - i have the tools so no need to buy any if you dont like, you can use mine.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I have set of interior trim tools. 4 or 5 pieces and it was pretty cheap. I cant remember where I bought it, ECS tuning I think for around $10-$20.

Let me know when you would like a hand - i have the tools so no need to buy any if you dont like, you can use mine.
amazing thanks so much man, I receive them on weds so possibly thursday if your free? Bunn will probably roll out and chill too.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
amazing thanks so much man, I receive them on weds so possibly thursday if your free? Bunn will probably roll out and chill too.
No problem. Thursday should be fine - just let me know. One of these days Ben will have to get his hands dirty.....
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
No problem. Thursday should be fine - just let me know. One of these days Ben will have to get his hands dirty.....
haha he always does for me! installed my lux bulbs last weekend like a champ!
Ill keep you posted worst case we will do it next week
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
wchow16
Private First Class
wchow16's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
180
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (3)

I used a credit card. It was a really easy do it yourself job. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
airwave808
First Lieutenant
airwave808's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
316
Posts

 
Drives: MCB E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Angel eyes / Lux

On a different note, do you guys know if angel eyes or Lux are the way to go? I am looking for white as oppose to blue and more of a LED ring / concentrated light than anything. Can you tell me where I can get these locally?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
On a different note, do you guys know if angel eyes or Lux are the way to go? I am looking for white as oppose to blue and more of a LED ring / concentrated light than anything. Can you tell me where I can get these locally?
you have to order them online. Get the Lux bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchow16 View Post
I used a credit card. It was a really easy do it yourself job. Good luck.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
haha he always does for me! installed my lux bulbs last weekend like a champ!
Ill keep you posted worst case we will do it next week
You must be one of the lucky ones then.

No problem - let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
you have to order them online. Get the Lux bulbs.

+1 have the lux on both BMW's
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
you have to order them online. Get the Lux bulbs.



Thanks
+2 for LUX v3's. Worth the money for sure. seems like the verdict is still out on AiB 4.0s.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #13
airwave808
First Lieutenant
airwave808's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
316
Posts

 
Drives: MCB E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Thanks everyone. What's a good place where I can order and get it installed around GTA?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #14
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
Thanks everyone. What's a good place where I can order and get it installed around GTA?
order them from lux http://luxangeleyes.com/
you can install them yourself or take them to a shop to be done.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
bunnn
Colonel
bunnn's Avatar
35
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
No problem. Thursday should be fine - just let me know. One of these days Ben will have to get his hands dirty.....
Haha, Jay ..I get my hands dirty, especially as of late. I have literally been a grease monkey trying to help out in the progress of restoring my friends Fiat.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Haha, Jay ..I get my hands dirty, especially as of late. I have literally been a grease monkey trying to help out in the progress of restoring my friends Fiat.
its true Ben has been MIA for a while now LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #17
theriz
Colonel
United_States
28
Rep
2,868
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ventura County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335i M-Sport  [2.00]
2009 X5  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to theriz
i would get alpine HID's they look fkn hawt!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #18
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Haha, Jay ..I get my hands dirty, especially as of late. I have literally been a grease monkey trying to help out in the progress of restoring my friends Fiat.
I knew I could get your attention....

Good luck with the restoration. I am sure it is a lot of work!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #19
bunnn
Colonel
bunnn's Avatar
35
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I knew I could get your attention....

Good luck with the restoration. I am sure it is a lot of work!
Thanks! Haha, I still like to visit here often...but I've been literally swamped with the restoration deadline(which we unhappily missed). So now I have a bit of time to relax after a week of 9am - 3am days. Going to NYC till mid next week, might run into you guys on my way there.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
airwave808
First Lieutenant
airwave808's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
316
Posts

 
Drives: MCB E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
order them from lux http://luxangeleyes.com/
you can install them yourself or take them to a shop to be done.

Thank you so much. I think I am probably the worse person who can't change a single thing on the car so I would have to take it to a good installer. Hopefully Lux are an easy swap.


Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #21
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
Thank you so much. I think I am probably the worse person who can't change a single thing on the car so I would have to take it to a good installer. Hopefully Lux are an easy swap.


Thanks!
No problem , they arent that hard I got a friend to do mine for me.
Im sure at a local meet or something someone will be willing to lend you
a hand
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #22
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

Just want to give a big thanks to Jay for swapping the trim for me I really appreciate it.
We will arrange a shoot soon like we were talking about, your cars wild!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST