BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GTB Performance

07-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #23
Pointerman
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Man, a lot of douche bag responses. People need to take their meds before hitting the post button. Isn't this where you are supposed to go if you don't know everything about an M3 and ask those who do?
Pointerman is offline   United_States
      07-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
ES_TRADER
Colonel

Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor (o ...  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Are you serious a drivelogic mode being "bad" for your car? Ugh. I hate to sounds too harsh but with questions like this it really begs the question if you should be owning/driving a DCT equipped M3 (or a MT for that matter...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
Wtf kinda of question...

Sorry, but questions like that make me think that you have never in your life driven anything sporty or you have money to waste and perhaps you thought the m3 would make you look cool.
Wow, I didnt expect these kind of comments. Aren't forums supposed to be a place where individuals with common interests come to share thoughts, ideas, and ask questions? etc.etc....its not like I came here with the intent to start shit or cause arguments/controversy...just asking a simple question and i do appreciate those who actually contributed to the topic at hand instead of straight bashing....Im not going to take the time to read all your posts but your post count suggests that you spend a good amount of time bashing others as well. thats fine, go ahead..i wont sit here and play table tennis with you.

Quote:

Secondarily, from a fellow trusted long term forum member, it has come to my attention that there are many similar posts from this OP. Who coincidentally claims to have a huge house and garage stuffed with something like 6 cars. Pictures were promised to settle a little debate on that and the pictures have never been provided. It all points to nothing but troll-ism...
I NEVER claimed to have a "huge house." Never once did i come out and write, "i have a huge house." I was asked a question about my garage, and i simply told the truth.

I never mentioned my belongings to brag or troll or whatever you call it. YES, i do have a 6 car garage. To some here, this is peanuts, some average, and to others it could seem large..WHO CARES...to me, my garage is tiny compared to my brother's garage but thats a diff story. But i never said anything about my house..take what you will from it...maybe my home is 1600 sq ft, maybe its 16,000...who knows...only ME and id like to keep it that way..thats all that matters...I dont even know when it was that i answered this question yet some of you seem to sit here and remember EVERYTHING..i spend about 30-45 mins each day looking thru the forums for interesting topics and such and i cant even recall what was discussed last week...people like you must sit here and refresh the page every 2 mins and take notes on what was said by who, when it was said, and where it was said....nice life it must be...anyhow...ill stop it here..because now I've stooped to your level.....i dont need to have the last word...but im sure you do(i.e. post count).

OH YES I RECALL NOW, i had one of my cars stolen this year, back in April...and I never once mentioned what kind of car it was and where it was stolen from...members on the thread just kept suggesting it was stolen from my garage..this and that..whatever..but the thread kept going and i don't sit here trying to follow EVERY comment made by every member...so during that time, things were very busy for me, work and dealing with stolen car BS...so basically the times that i did come on, i tried to reply to whatever questions i saw on the page...i don't obsess over everything that's written here like some people do..so the whole story plays out however people interpret it without 100% of the facts...anyhow...it has nothing to do with my house.

that was the SINGLE MENTION of my garage by me in all of my posts (in response to someone's question), yet you guys with the 3000+ post count seem to bring it up every time you see me OP anything or respond to anything...you guys are the ones bringing it up..NOT ME...maybe ill just open a new account with a diff username to ask questions...it seems u get bashed either way...so why not just save time on my part.

BTW, pictures were never promised to settle anything...there was no so called debate about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Hmm, that's wierd. I wonder why he deleted them.

Still would love to see some pics of that awesome spread he has with the big garage.
I deleted the pictures because I realized it was childish of me to post them here...it was childish of me to sit here and try to prove a point to a bunch of strangers...i came here to share ideas, and ask questions and contribute to questions of other members...didn't come here to argue, fight, bash others or prove who has this and that....whether or not people here believe me, it doesn't matter...think what you want...maybe i dont even own a bmw...who cares....would it satisfy you all to know that i just drive a 1980 corolla and live in public housing collecting welfare checks? or maybe i dont even own a car and i just sit there on the freeway exit ramps with my bucket for people to throw change in...even if this were the case, or my house was worth 7MM, how would YOUR life be different??.or is it just that misery loves company....whatever it may be...im NOT going to say anymore regarding my personal life...ill come here to contribute and ask questions ABOUT THE M3, but after today, there will be no more of this back and forth arguing with NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. you guys can sit here and quote this post that all you want about me but you wont get a response. And yes, to the other smartasses out there, YES, writing all this is childish too, but it has to be said..once and for all...and im done...so you guys can sit here on this thread and knock me all u want to 50+ pages...i dont care.

there just isnt enough time in the day to enjoy my cars, my wife, my life, work, and then come here to talk shit or respond to shit...OP out.
      07-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #25
ES_TRADER
Colonel

Garage List
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Feel like being a smart ass this morning, you guys mind? It was a rough night anyway.
So, would it hurt my car if I take 3 right turns first thing in the morning? See my commute to work mandates that I make 3 right turns before a left turn. Would that cause uneven wear to my tires, suspension and or brain?
yes it would my friend, because urs is NON-ZCP
      07-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
hlmiii
First Lieutenant

Drives: '11 1M '10 M5 '05 M3 '10 670SV

Quote:
it came with a nude picture of miss America.

Quote:
Dude, you got screwed!!
And with just a picture, it sounds like you didn't ...
hlmiii is offline   United_States
      07-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #27
donovan
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package

Dont you dare talk bad about table tennis!

Joking, but its just somewhat of a question that would make me think that you should possibly have started off with a lesser of a high performance vehicle.

e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
      07-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #28
ES_TRADER
Colonel

Garage List
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Dont you dare talk bad about table tennis!

Joking, but its just somewhat of a question that would make me think that you should possibly have started off with a lesser of a high performance vehicle.
this is the first car i have ever owned with a DCT transmission..im more accustomed to standard autos and MTs... i have also had my DCT transmission crap out on me when the car had 198 miles on it (DAY 2 of ownership)...and towed back to the dealer TWICE within the first week of ownership because of DCT failure....so basically i am VERY VERY paranoid about this transmission and want to make sure i am taking every precaution to treat it right so it can last or not fail on me again...so to the average dct m3 owner who has never had a DCT issue out of the gate, i can understand why this could be a non issue or "dumb question." regardless, it is a big concern to me.. thats why i asked it...but if it happened to me, it could happen again to someone else and they may have the same concern as I.
      07-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #29
mkoesel

Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
<A whole heckuva lot!>
Easy does it man - you'll pop a vain!

Now, as a relaxation exercise, I recommend a nice calm, low speed, leisurely drive home.

On the expressway.

In the fast lane.

With cars backing up behind you.

Ha ha, just messin with ya!
      07-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #30
Pointerman
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Seriously? Why can't people just be helpful.
Pointerman is offline   United_States
      07-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #31
BKMK5
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:

Now, as a relaxation exercise, I recommend a nice calm, low speed, leisurely drive home.

On the expressway.

In the fast lane.

What made this even funnier was that my browser window is quite small and was reading this line by line as I scrolled down.
SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
      07-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #32
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Wow, I didnt expect these kind of comments. Aren't forums supposed to be a place where individuals with common interests come to share thoughts, ideas, and ask questions? etc.etc....its not like I came here with the intent to start shit or cause arguments/controversy...just asking a simple question and i do appreciate those who actually contributed to the topic at hand instead of straight bashing....Im not going to take the time to read all your posts but your post count suggests that you spend a good amount of time bashing others as well. thats fine, go ahead..i wont sit here and play table tennis with you.
Maybe you should read some of my posts. I spend a lot of time answering questions and helping folks. As well as engaging in some constructive debates to settle long standing misconceptions about cars and performance.

My "focus" here on this forum is actually the application of math/science/engineering to the world of the automotive enthusiast.

Any bashing I do here is almost always very well deserved.

Look it's pretty simple. Most forums have a lot of annoying trolls. Not saying that is you. But your combination of pretty naive questions along with the prior boasting squarely steers you into that category. Although not a requirement, one should know enough about cars and things mechanical to answer the particular question you posted here in this thread. Furthermore, if you do have a large stable of sports cars all the more reason you should know such simple things. The irony is there, just ripe and waiting to surface if your ratio of ownership to knowledge is in fact incredibly high . One should almost expect teasing or being called out under such circumstances. Warranted or not you should expect it if this shoe fits.

I'll take your future posts as face value.

Back on "topic".

Your serve!
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
swamp2 is offline   United_States
      07-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #33
ES_TRADER
Colonel

Garage List
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you should read some of my posts. I spend a lot of time answering questions and helping folks. As well as engaging in some constructive debates to settle long standing misconceptions about cars and performance.

My "focus" here on this forum is actually the application of math/science/engineering to the world of the automotive enthusiast.

Any bashing I do here is almost always very well deserved.

Look it's pretty simple. Most forums have a lot of annoying trolls. Not saying that is you. But your combination of pretty naive questions along with the prior boasting squarely steers you into that category. Although not a requirement, one should know enough about cars and things mechanical to answer the particular question you posted here in this thread. Furthermore, if you do have a large stable of sports cars all the more reason you should know such simple things. The irony is there, just ripe and waiting to surface if your ratio of ownership to knowledge is in fact incredibly high . One should almost expect teasing or being called out under such circumstances. Warranted or not you should expect it if this shoe fits.

I'll take your future posts as face value.

Back on "topic".

Your serve!
Lol . Here we go again. When did i ever say or boast that I have a "stable full of sports cars?" now we are adding "sports" to cars?? Haha

Next someone will say I have a "stable full of 'exotic' sports cars"

It's comments like that that give people the wrong idea...anyhow....
      07-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #34
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Quote:
Lol . Here we go again. When did i ever say or boast that I have a "stable full of sports cars?" now we are adding "sports" to cars?? Haha

Next someone will say I have a "stable full of 'exotic' sports cars"

It's comments like that that give people the wrong idea...anyhow....
Quote:
i wont sit here and play table tennis with you.
Again, your serve.
      07-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #35
FJS
Private First Class

Drives: M

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointerman View Post
Man, a lot of douche bag responses. People need to take their meds before hitting the post button. Isn't this where you are supposed to go if you don't know everything about an M3 and ask those who do?
+1, Starting to sound a little like the kids over at the 1M forum, harsh and somewhat disrespectful.

Nothing wrong with OP's question, it's valid like someone else said, this is what the forums are for, to find out something you don't know and other's do. Nobody here started with their M3's or bimmers knowing everything, correct?

Don't mean to sound like an old fart but, geez, cut the guy some slack

PS Where are the pics of the Miss that came with your car Sameh?
      07-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #36
taylorcoleman
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Of all the forums I frequent (FChat, 6spd, etc) this is by far the most uptight.

It doesn't bother me. I like the change of pace but I can see how some can get quickly turned off.

As for the S5 issue, I was wondering the same thing.
      07-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #37
Echo M3
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

On the expressway.

In the fast lane.

I almost choked on my water bottle while reading this. Hilarious!!
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
      07-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #38
donovan
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package

Hey man best of luck with the issue

e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
      07-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #39
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici

Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
The OP is a major douchebag. I don't why anyone gives him the time of day.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
      07-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #40
Michaeljh2000
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 M3, 69 Vette, GSXR 1000

Why wouldn't you just set it to S5 by default?
Michaeljh2000 is offline   United_States
      07-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #41
mkoesel

Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeljh2000 View Post
Why wouldn't you just set it to S5 by default?
By "default", do you mean "automatically, at startup"? If so, the reason is because that is not possible.
      07-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #42
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
The OP is a major douchebag. I don't why anyone gives him the time of day.
Wow, that was cutting right to the chase... I do appreciate a fellar who speaks his mind in plain English.
      07-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #43
Midwest X6
Captain

Drives: 2013 X3 28xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman View Post
Of all the forums I frequent (FChat, 6spd, etc) this is by far the most uptight.

It doesn't bother me. I like the change of pace but I can see how some can get quickly turned off.

As for the S5 issue, I was wondering the same thing.
I'd put Bimmerfest ahead of this one -- if you're measuring up-tight. No slack and no fun over there - least back when I was frequenting the X'er forums. Maybe their M3 forum is better, but I see many of the same from the X forum frequenting that board as well.

All these forums seem have their own personalities, honed by those who frequent them the most. I guess it's good to have a change of pace like you said

Previous Rides: E92 M3, E70 X5 35d, E71 X6 50i, E71 X6 35i,E60 550i, E46 M3 Cabriolet, E39 540i, E36 328i
Midwest X6 is offline   United_States