BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #67
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
GTAutoConcepts's Avatar
Thailand
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113 View Post
I have been doing this to all my cars. 2004 Mini Cooper, 2006 330i, 2006 X5 4.8is, 2007 335i. I have NEVER been keyed, dinged, vandalised, ect... I park liek this everywhere... Movies, Mall, Gym, Work, school, ect..... Play it right and don't do it in a common area and I promise your chances of getting a ding, scratch, ect will decrease. In fact its more of a chance of your car getting keyed while parked in a common area parking spot by some dick walking right by it, without having to even double park...

Maybe everyone in NY walks around with keys in their hand and a bitchy attitude, but in MIAMI, it has NOT happened to me...
You take up two spots with a mini? hahah, me too man, only at home in thailand... as a joke though, never when a parking lot is full. i dont have the guts to take up two spots in the bay tho.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #68
OwnAge
Brigadier General
OwnAge's Avatar
Armenia
57
Rep
4,176
Posts

 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
Wow
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #69
Pimp Star
Captain
Pimp Star's Avatar
18
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: E39 M5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Double parking is stupid. Just park away from other cars, if the parking lot is almost empty I always park 2-4 spots away from the closest car so nobody hits me. However, I must say, the best parking spot has to be your Driveway or Garage. My parent's have a really long drive way, that could easily fit 6 cars on it, so I love parking there... Diagonally. Just to be a jackass.

Pimp Star
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPlease View Post
Frozen grey just says "I'm German, I'm refined, I'm understated, I'm precise, and I'm merciless."
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #70
MacAttack
Colonel
MacAttack's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
2,138
Posts

 
Drives: fast enough
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Afghanistan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
The parking spaces are so tight in Germany...you just about have to double park.
__________________
2007 E92 335i Coupe: Monaco Blue/Premium/Sports/Winter Package/Nav/CA/6MT/TT/Active Cruise/Active Steering/iPod/Rear Shade/Tint/Short Shifter/OEM Alum Pedals//
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #71
jjhan85
J-Han
3
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 325i jetblack
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissnsooosucks View Post
I'm saying it right now... if there are no spots left and you double-park... I am fucking your shit up. Simple as that.
HAHAA ...agreed...no need to be greedy!

Whats goes around comes around
__________________
325i // Sport Package // 6 speed manual // AFE intake // Resonator + Muffler Delete // 20% tints//

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #72
La Verdad
Private First Class
La Verdad's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
144
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ft. Lauderdale

iTrader: (0)

i absolutly hate people who double park and when their cars get f'ed. it is no suprise. www.youparklikeanasshole.com, go to it, print lots of copies and keep it in your glovebox.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #73
Couch
Colonel
Couch's Avatar
41
Rep
2,903
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsand5 View Post
I think that if you park at the back of the lot where nobody parks, then there is no need to double park. It just attracts attention to your car.

Sometimes when I drive the crappy company van ('95 ford E350) and see somebody double parked in a front spot, I pull right next to their drivers side so that their side mirror is 1/8" from the van. This forces them to crawl through the passenger side to get in; however, I believe that NOBODY has a right to damage your car because you are an asshole. An ass kicking is a different story.
+1

And there is no logical or acceptable reason to double park in an uncrowded parking lot away from everyone else. WHY? Why not just park normally? It just proves how arrogant you are. Guess what you're shit does stink just like everyone elses.

I personally won't do anything to anyones car because I'm not that sort of person. And I've had plenty done to my previous truck for no reason.

But if I see someone do something, I will laugh.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #74
akhbhaat
Captain
Germany
10
Rep
838
Posts

 
Drives: ///M318ti Type-R Turbo
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Straddling the pond.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
akh: with the lil german flag in your posts, you wouldnt think the BMW is a special car because to you, its probablly as common as a civic to us
True. Even the police drive them.

Even still: attempting to keep a daily driver that's kept outdoors in pristine condition is futile. You can wax it, wash it, cover it, do what you'd like with it, but eventually it'll be hit by rocks, a bird will have its way with it, or somebody will hit your door. I do wax my car once a month and clean it at least twice as often, but it still shows signs of seven years of regular use. Many of the exterior plastic and rubber bits have faded and the paint at the front is covered in rock strikes.

Europe is a bit different than the US, though. Parking lots/garages are at a premium and in many cities you simply park in the street or on the sidewalk. Damage is almost inevitable.
__________________
No significant quantities of judgment-impairing narcotics were consumed during or before the creation of this message.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #75
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
STE92VE's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
6,264
Posts

 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhbhaat View Post
a bird will have its way with it
For some reason, I think this guy really didn't care either way....
__________________
2007 E92 328i 6MT-Space Gray/Black Dakota/Gray Poplar w/heated seats-PCD 4/27/07 (SOLD)
2009 E90 328i xDrive 6AT-Space Gray/Oyster Dakota/Dark Burl Walnut w/ZPP,ZCW,Xenons-ED 4/17/09 - Redelivery 5/30/09 (SOLD)
2014 E84 xDrive28i 8AT-Alpine White/Black Nevada/Silver Matte w/ZMV,ZLP,494 - DD 3/14/14

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #76
BMW_E90
Major
BMW_E90's Avatar
21
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California

iTrader: (11)

pwnage
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #77
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,421
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
wow, I'm floored

even when I park far far away from the general mass, I never double park. It's just asking for some complimentary scratches and dings.
I agree--usually by being waaaay out, you can avoid people parking next to you. If you park that far out AND take two spaces--people will screw with your car just for the hell of it.
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #78
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
There is this Audi TT I always see that is at a local Coffee Bean. If he can not park up front in the curve for the 15 mins parking, he will double park somewhere else. The plaza gets extremely busy as well, so I know people don't appreciate him doing that. A couple of days ago, I saw that he got a flat tire. Wouldn't be surprised that someone slashed it. Ever since then, he's been parking it straight, lol.

I find it funny that an H1 Hummer can find the effort to reverse out several times to fit in perfectly between the lines, yet this small TT just half assed the parking out and park in the middle of 2 spaces.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #79
ironic
Major General
ironic's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
8,342
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco, Ca

iTrader: (22)

i take two spaces when no one is there and only if i'm gonna be out and around my car, ie chatting with someone for a few minutes. i'd never leave my car parked likt hat tho

it's a pain when u hug a curb and someone parks over their line next you tho. people just aren't considerate and don't care.
__________________


Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #80
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
STE92VE's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
6,264
Posts

 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
i take two spaces when no one is there and only if i'm gonna be out and around my car, ie chatting with someone for a few minutes. i'd never leave my car parked likt hat tho
If there is no one around, why would you need to take 2 spaces?
__________________
2007 E92 328i 6MT-Space Gray/Black Dakota/Gray Poplar w/heated seats-PCD 4/27/07 (SOLD)
2009 E90 328i xDrive 6AT-Space Gray/Oyster Dakota/Dark Burl Walnut w/ZPP,ZCW,Xenons-ED 4/17/09 - Redelivery 5/30/09 (SOLD)
2014 E84 xDrive28i 8AT-Alpine White/Black Nevada/Silver Matte w/ZMV,ZLP,494 - DD 3/14/14

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #81
MI6
The World is Not Enough
MI6's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: Aston DBS-R
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Skyfall

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
yeah
yesterday I went to Canadian Tire, and the parking lot was pretty empty, it was right after work at around 5:30. So I parked my car with 3 empty spots on both sides. What do I see when I came back? a big truck parked right up against the passenger side.:mad:
It never fails, whenever you put empty parking spaces between you and other cars to keep some distance, someone always has to park right next to you...........drives me nuts.........

Maybe they have car envy and just want to park next to a Bimmer....
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #82
Brett
Captain
15
Rep
748
Posts

 
Drives: 2000 BMW 323 CiC
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkraven View Post
So, if the parking lot is mostly empty, and you park way the hell away from everyone where it's empty... why do you still feel the need to double park?

Makes no sense. It's inconsiderate, and it basically states that you have an overinflated sense of self importance.
Exactly!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #83
fragadellic
Captain
10
Rep
950
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post


Kind of like www.ricecop.com where you can print out tickets to leave on cars that have been riced-out....

Nice find.

And kudos again on the avatar!!!
__________________
E92 335i Coupe Delivered 5.30.07 | Black Sapphire | Black Dakota | Grey Poplar | OEM 230 19" Wheels | Michelin PS2s | GP Thunder 8500K Angels
__________________________________________________ __________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #84
Ryan 330i
Major
Ryan 330i's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,181
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E93 335i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco | LA | Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan 330i
thats kinda fucked up.
__________________
2009 E93 335i | Jet | Black Dakota | Grey Poplar | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | Step | Paddles | i-Drive | CA | Sirius | HD | Logic7 | 06FL | 06NF | PDC | OEM Alarm | LUX
Retired: 2007 E92 335i
Retired: 2006 E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #85
fragadellic
Captain
10
Rep
950
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

So after reading the 4 pages of posts it appears that:

1.) about 98% of you think that double parking in a lot full of cars is reprehensible and anyone doing that knows the risks and should accept whatever happens to their car.

2.) some of you double-parkers say you only double park only where there is no-one around or in an empty lot, and you say you do this to prevent door dings/scratches by keeping people from parking next to you.

For that second one I have to call BULLSHIT because you know no-one is going to park next to you. Therefore your justification for double parking in the middle of no-where is just a cover-up for the real reason, that you think your car is better and/or more important than anyone elses and therefore deserves two spaces.

I am pretty sure no e90post members have the spare time to leave a note and certainly wouldn't inflict damage to another vehicle on purpose because it was double parked. It's just too bad that there are members here who have their heads inflated so big by the "BMW" on the front of their car that they think they get special privelages in parking lots.
__________________
E92 335i Coupe Delivered 5.30.07 | Black Sapphire | Black Dakota | Grey Poplar | OEM 230 19" Wheels | Michelin PS2s | GP Thunder 8500K Angels
__________________________________________________ __________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #86
Couch
Colonel
Couch's Avatar
41
Rep
2,903
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
For that second one I have to call BULLSHIT because you know no-one is going to park next to you. Therefore your justification for double parking in the middle of no-where is just a cover-up for the real reason, that you think your car is better and/or more important than anyone elses and therefore deserves two spaces.
Exactly why I called them arrogant.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #87
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
28
Rep
1,935
Posts

 
Drives: '14 W212 AMG S, '12 958 S
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
i throw a bunch of coins at cars that do that. i fucking hate selfish people
__________________
Peanut Butter Chunky
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #88
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
JOYRIIDE1113's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,395
Posts

 
Drives: Detailing Shark
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami-Kendall

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
So after reading the 4 pages of posts it appears that:

1.) about 98% of you think that double parking in a lot full of cars is reprehensible and anyone doing that knows the risks and should accept whatever happens to their car.

2.) some of you double-parkers say you only double park only where there is no-one around or in an empty lot, and you say you do this to prevent door dings/scratches by keeping people from parking next to you.

For that second one I have to call BULLSHIT because you know no-one is going to park next to you. Therefore your justification for double parking in the middle of no-where is just a cover-up for the real reason, that you think your car is better and/or more important than anyone elses and therefore deserves two spaces.

I am pretty sure no e90post members have the spare time to leave a note and certainly wouldn't inflict damage to another vehicle on purpose because it was double parked. It's just too bad that there are members here who have their heads inflated so big by the "BMW" on the front of their car that they think they get special privelages in parking lots.
LOL... you my man are some work! How can you make a comment as broad as that? The reason why I feel I want to take an extra step in protecting my car is because unlike most of you, I do not give into the whole "its gonna happen sooner or later"... It has never happened, and its because of the way I deal with it. Let it be a Civic or a Lambo, it'd be the same...

By the way, its people like you that wait for topics and threads like this to pop up so you can quickly come in and make an "educated" judgement on people and spew your backwashed opinion that everybody has already said, along with a little bit extra finger snapping attitude in to the thread. Don't like it, don't need to flame, your opinion has been heard.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST