BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
make it go back to OEM shine.

how do i make my trim to look like this... I have a E92 and my trim has some water marks that i cant take off no matter what i do...

i want my trim to look like this again...

__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Kyoshi71's Avatar
35
Rep
2,528
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish applied by hand w/ wax pad

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Menze...O83_p_493.html
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
chris s
Major General
chris s's Avatar
71
Rep
5,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (8)

Yep...a good cleaner wax should do the trick!
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish applied by hand w/ wax pad

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Menze...O83_p_493.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Yep...a good cleaner wax should do the trick!


Thank guys, i tried some wax but it didnt budge.... i guess i need the SUPER INTENSIVE POLISH.. sounds scary but i think this time i need to use a buffer... hand work doesnt cut it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Kyoshi71's Avatar
35
Rep
2,528
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
Thank guys, i tried some wax but it didnt budge.... i guess i need the SUPER INTENSIVE POLISH.. sounds scary but i think this time i need to use a buffer... hand work doesnt cut it.
It's really very mild stuff so the chances of damage are close to nil. I would not use a wheel though just because of the proximity to the weatherstripping . Use a wax pad and go really easy by hand. Guaranteed to work.
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,819
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Personally I use meguairs scratch x 2.0, then follow with wax. You can also use a glaze in between like meguiars #7. Lots of good products out there though. Good luck. I would definitely go by hand as kyoshi suggest.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,767
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

Do you have a picture of your trim?

Something like Meguiars ultimate compound would be easier to apply by hand than Menzerna SIP.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
It's really very mild stuff so the chances of damage are close to nil. I would not use a wheel though just because of the proximity to the weatherstripping . Use a wax pad and go really easy by hand. Guaranteed to work.
Thanks ill try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Personally I use meguairs scratch x 2.0, then follow with wax. You can also use a glaze in between like meguiars #7. Lots of good products out there though. Good luck. I would definitely go by hand as kyoshi suggest.
I tried this but no luck. not sure why but ill sure ill try something else. and will sure to do it by hand.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Do you have a picture of your trim?

Something like Meguiars ultimate compound would be easier to apply by hand than Menzerna SIP.
not sure if it will capture on a camera not a good photographer here but it looks like a faded stained trim... not exactly sure how to explain but hope i can post pics if i can get a good shot at tit.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,819
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post



I tried this but no luck. not sure why but ill sure ill try something else. and will sure to do it by hand.. LOL
Might take multiple applications if the trim is really bad. The abrasives in scratch x decrease as you use it...might just need a little more pressure too.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,767
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

Actually the newer scratchX uses a different type of abrasive, so it doesn't need to break down.

No need to be scared about polishing with a machine. With whatever product you use, it would make a very quick job. Claying would be a good idea too.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,819
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Actually the newer scratchX uses a different type of abrasive, so it doesn't need to break down.

No need to be scared about polishing with a machine. With whatever product you use, it would make a very quick job. Claying would be a good idea too.
Yah you are right, my bad. Although the original didn't really need to break down based on my understanding, it would break down by design to ensure the abrasives got finer. I believe the new one just has a new form of abrasives. Thanks for catching.

I think the issue with using a machine is really that it is hard to get the inside edge, especially at the back window.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
SIIK2NR
Captain
SIIK2NR's Avatar
South Korea
16
Rep
604
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Dog

iTrader: (0)

Cleaner wax works... just did this a few weeks ago. Trim had a rainbow haze to it too and the cleaner got rid of all that and left it a nice shiny black.
__________________
Current: 2006 Lotus Elise SC
Previous:
2008 AW E92 M3 6MT - Sold
2004 AP2 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
onnex
Major
onnex's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,039
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Encinitas

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.67]
Send a message via AIM to onnex
good info to find. Got some water marks all over my hood and passenger side door when out of town over the weekend– so it sat for a little. After clay bar and regular wax, it did nothing... time to give the cleaner wax ago.
__________________
2011 Matte Metallic Blue E92 M3 | 6MT | Black Novillo / Black Carbon Leather | 20" DPE SP-SC 5 | LS3 V1 LEDs + full blackout | Full Amuse Ericsson Kit | Test Pipes + IPE | RD Sport Springs |
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIIK2NR View Post
Cleaner wax works... just did this a few weeks ago. Trim had a rainbow haze to it too and the cleaner got rid of all that and left it a nice shiny black.
Thanks ill get one soon.

thats exactly what i have on my trim... rainbow haze.
__________________

Last edited by Sean05; 07-19-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST