BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
 
leJUNd's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 314
iTrader: (1)

sws8x install with JL xd400/4 install help

Hello.
I've been putting this off for two years... but I am going to really do it this time
I am about to purchase sws8x and JLxd400/4 to upgrade my sound system.
I bought Technic's harness and JTSHERRI's spaces so I could DIY the install.
Before I proceed I want to make sure I have everything correct. I am new to this so please bare with me.

Does this look right?


Where do the RCA cable from LOC go on the amp?
Do I need LC2i?

Thank you
leJUNd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Why would you use a 4 channel amp to power two subs?

It goes harness-->LOC-->amp-->speakers.

RCA on LOC go to input on amp.

The LC2i is an LOC.


If you come out of the meet tonight, I can explain it in person if you want.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
 
leJUNd's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Why would you use a 4 channel amp to power two subs?

It goes harness-->LOC-->amp-->speakers.

RCA on LOC go to input on amp.

The LC2i is an LOC.


If you come out of the meet tonight, I can explain it in person if you want.
I want to but so so far and so much traffic...

From reading old threads... I gathered that this was a good combination.
Is it not?
leJUNd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
I want to but so so far and so much traffic...

From reading old threads... I gathered that this was a good combination.
Is it not?
People come from further.

Not sure what thread you read to verify but if you're running two subs, all you need is a two channel amp.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
I think the xd400/4 puts out 75 watts per channel at 4 ohms
But if you bridge 2 channels, you get 200w per channel
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
 
leJUNd's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
People come from further.

Not sure what thread you read to verify but if you're running two subs, all you need is a two channel amp.
Here is the thread
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515390
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=10

my drawing look correct?
leJUNd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,935
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
Hello.
I've been putting this off for two years... but I am going to really do it this time
I am about to purchase sws8x and JLxd400/4 to upgrade my sound system.
I bought Technic's harness and JTSHERRI's spaces so I could DIY the install.
Before I proceed I want to make sure I have everything correct. I am new to this so please bare with me.

Does this look right?


Where do the RCA cable from LOC go on the amp?
Do I need LC2i?

Thank you
I think that you got one of the Navone 150W LOCs originally used with my harness. It should work if your OEM amp is the "old" design -silver box with heat sinks on the top. The "new" design is grey box without any heat sinks on top. You will need to tap the OEM remote wire for this install: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=49

Just make sure that you get the SWS-8X and not the SWS-8Xi. The XD400/4 is not 2 ohms stable in bridge mode. A better suggestion -albeit more expensive- is to get a pair of Jehnerts midbass, a Musicar Trunk box and an XD500/3. No need for SWS-8 spacers.

I sent a harness wiring diagram to you at the time of purchase. Please send me your email again if you do not have it.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST