BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #23
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

haha, well not to toot my own horn but the reason I have the option to get an M3 in the first place is because I always tend to think about things logically, and being Indian, and growing up with such strict (not anymore) parents that you almost always think things through. But cars are my one escape from logic and work. (trust me I work a lot, 12-15 hours a day)
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #24
sameh
Major
sameh's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT JetBlk
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

You don't sound like a dick, I'm not sure if you can get an M3. Unless they changed their requirements. Hmm interesting
__________________
2011 E92 BatMobile JtBlk/Blk/Blk CF
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #25
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

iTrader: (0)

Lol, you being Indian and currently driving a Camry puts things into perspective. But get the M3 because it is a blast to drive. I had a F10 528i as a loaner once and it was fun and comfortable but a bit dull on the driving sensations. So go for the M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #26
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
You don't sound like a dick, I'm not sure if you can get an M3. Unless they changed their requirements. Hmm interesting
I dont sound like a dick because you guys are fellow M3ers, im sure theres some rule about that haha
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #27
LateBraking
Mezger. There is no substitute.
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,880
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 911
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eastern Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
You don't sound like a dick, I'm not sure if you can get an M3. Unless they changed their requirements. Hmm interesting
He's also not a hot babe going for a vert. I vote nay.

And don't show me naked pics man, I'm sure you're good looking, but I don't swing that way.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #28
ES_TRADER
Colonel
68
Rep
2,702
Posts

 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
i have both and while they both serve different purposes, id have to say, it all boils down to YOU. what's your preference? comfort/luxury? or sporty/jarring but powerful ride...all i can say is, when im driving the M3, i wish i was in the 5er and when im driving the 5er, i wish i was in the M3....cant win here..gl
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #29
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Lol, you being Indian and currently driving a Camry puts things into perspective. But get the M3 because it is a blast to drive. I had a F10 528i as a loaner once and it was fun and comfortable but a bit dull on the driving sensations. So go for the M3.
Actually, we have two camrys! Roadtrip/Grocery getter :-) haha
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #30
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
119
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

yawn* you need this:
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #31
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
i have both and while they both serve different purposes, id have to say, it all boils down to YOU. what's your preference? comfort/luxury? or sporty/jarring but powerful ride...all i can say is, when im driving the M3, i wish i was in the 5er and when im driving the 5er, i wish i was in the M3....cant win here..gl
If only i could afford the F10 M5…couple more years and ill get there :-)

But I agree, I have driven both and they are both great cars in their own respect. Looks like I'll be heading down to the BMW dealer to drive both again.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #32
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
yawn* you need this:
haha I had a feeling this car would be brought up…if only it was V8 RWD and had DCT…and constructed in germany…:-)
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #33
ES_TRADER
Colonel
68
Rep
2,702
Posts

 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssahib View Post
If only i could afford the F10 M5…couple more years and ill get there :-)

But I agree, I have driven both and they are both great cars in their own respect. Looks like I'll be heading down to the BMW dealer to drive both again.
ACtually my issue with the F10 5er was 6MT or auto...that was the tough question for me...i drove both back to back 3 times each and ended up flipping a coin..the tranny makes such a diff...maybe get the 6mt 5er, and u will have the fun factor baked in...slow, floaty (like someone above said), but still it has sufficient power and its far more comfy
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #34
checkmate
Major
checkmate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,335
Posts

 
Drives: AW M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssahib View Post
haha, well not to toot my own horn but the reason I have the option to get an M3 in the first place is because I always tend to think about things logically, and being Indian, and growing up with such strict (not anymore) parents that you almost always think things through. But cars are my one escape from logic and work. (trust me I work a lot, 12-15 hours a day)
I can totally relate however upon graduation from college top of the class-my folks got me a brand spankin' new Mustang GT so the stereotype doesn't hold.
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red E90 M3. Sunroof Delete/DCT/No power seats/Square Apex ARC8s+ PSS /ACM Exhaust Mod+ EAS Tips

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #35
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel
22
Rep
1,800
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

iTrader: (3)

With tickets, a 21 year old single male is very expensive to insure and I am sure the rate will be more if there is an M3 on the list of cars rather than a 535i. If your father won't care, I'd buy the M3 given how much more fun it is than a 535i. However, I'd spend some money on driver's schools and track days and tires and brake pads so you can have fun with the car and hopefully get enough of a "fix" that you slow down on the street and don't accumulate more tickets. You can become a habitual offender for speeding in some states and lose your license for a longer period of time.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #36
Pointerman
Second Lieutenant
Pointerman's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
211
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Manteca, CA

iTrader: (0)

OP,
I'm 43 and I have my 545i for sale and an M3 Sedan on order. You are young. Get the fun car now and enjoy it. The 545 was a blast, but it is definitely a different animal. If you are worried about practicality get a Sedan and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #37
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Firstly thank you all for the replies. Insurance will be expensive but it doesn't matter what car I get I'll still have to shell out a lot. My first pick is still the M3. Maybe because I've been looking for so long and haven't found one my mind started to wander off and thought about different cars. If I really cant get a good deal on an M3 for a while I'll keep the 535i in mind.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #38
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
With tickets, a 21 year old single male is very expensive to insure and I am sure the rate will be more if there is an M3 on the list of cars rather than a 535i. If your father won't care, I'd buy the M3 given how much more fun it is than a 535i. However, I'd spend some money on driver's schools and track days and tires and brake pads so you can have fun with the car and hopefully get enough of a "fix" that you slow down on the street and don't accumulate more tickets. You can become a habitual offender for speeding in some states and lose your license for a longer period of time.
I do plan on becoming a part of these events, I have some lose friends that have been doing this for a while so I have a start. And as for getting in trouble on the streets, thats my past. Now I drive like a grandma…haha
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #39
eamon
Captain
eamon's Avatar
32
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Newer=better
M3 end of production
F10 beggining
F10 sexy prestige
M3 is its own segment of car
You already had an e46... F10 all the way
Im 17 and yet Id still choose the 535
__________________
black/black/black e92 loaded
Instagram: _eamon_
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #40
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssahib View Post
haha, well not to toot my own horn but the reason I have the option to get an M3 in the first place is because I always tend to think about things logically, and being Indian, and growing up with such strict (not anymore) parents that you almost always think things through. But cars are my one escape from logic and work. (trust me I work a lot, 12-15 hours a day)
Let me guess, you're a doctor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #41
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
Newer=better
M3 end of production
F10 beggining
F10 sexy prestige
M3 is its own segment of car
You already had an e46... F10 all the way
Im 17 and yet Id still choose the 535
So young, so naive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #42
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
35
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssahib View Post
I do plan on becoming a part of these events, I have some lose friends that have been doing this for a while so I have a start. And as for getting in trouble on the streets, thats my past. Now I drive like a grandma…haha
Go with your gut instinct. If you have the sort of personality where you can't control yourself, then don't get the M3. We don't want to see yet another injury/casualty caused by irresponsible driving. It's a terrific car, but you must have some self-control in order to drive it safely and responsibly.

If I was in your situation, and if I had been previously arrested for street racing, I wouldn't buy anything more powerful than a Toyota matrix for the street. Instead, I'd get a stripped out track car and trailer it to track days to get my fix.

Good luck, and be safe out there
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #43
sssahib
Private
sssahib's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Go with your gut instinct. If you have the sort of personality where you can't control yourself, then don't get the M3. We don't want to see yet another injury/casualty caused by irresponsible driving. It's a terrific car, but you must have some self-control in order to drive it safely and responsibly.

If I was in your situation, and if I had been previously arrested for street racing, I wouldn't buy anything more powerful than a Toyota matrix for the street. Instead, I'd get a stripped out track car and trailer it to track days to get my fix.

Good luck, and be safe out there
I do have self control and honestly I am just extremely unlucky, I hardly ever push the pedal and when I do I get caught. But I drive with extreme caution and I will be getting my fix in a safe environment and not on the street. Temptation is a bitch but im going to save it all for the track!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #44
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
61
Rep
1,401
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (13)

yea i was thinking the saem thing when i bought my car... 08 M3 or '11 535 6MT..

needless to say i picked the M3
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST