BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #89
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMSTUNING View Post
I was looking at the fzr or the ducati monster 696
when it comes to owning, completetely different. and even when it comes to price. fzrs are pretty cheap, cheap to maintain, and generally japanese. ducs are well...ducs, they're italian, expensive. but pretty darn cool
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #90
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
 
UncleWede's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

Posts: 2,338
iTrader: (0)

Why do all the street bike riders think they ride some much better than cruisers?

Do you practice situational awareness in a cage? I point out the douche moves to my son all the time when we are in the cage, then again after I've avoided it on the bike if he's on the back.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #91
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Why do all the street bike riders think they ride some much better than cruisers?

Do you practice situational awareness in a cage? I point out the douche moves to my son all the time when we are in the cage, then again after I've avoided it on the bike if he's on the back.

again refer to teenagers compared to adults generally it's the younger cockier crowd riding the street bikes.
i've seen some serious skills on goldwings though haha


and yes, I think once you ride for a bit, you never lose that 'extra sense'
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #92
Magic-Man
Banned
 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northeast

Posts: 1,063
iTrader: (2)

Why do crotch rocket riders act like they own the road & drive like aholes. Yes, most crotch rocket rides I encounter on the roads ride like aholes trying to kill everyone.

Why do biker gangs traveling together feel they have the right to take 5-10 of said bikes & cut cars off endangering everyone's lives?
Magic-Man is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #93
Rallo
Sho'nuff!!!
 
Rallo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 528i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cypress, Texas

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Rallo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
again refer to teenagers compared to adults generally it's the younger cockier crowd riding the street bikes.
i've seen some serious skills on goldwings though haha


and yes, I think once you ride for a bit, you never lose that 'extra sense'
+1
Rallo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #94
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Man View Post
Why do crotch rocket riders act like they own the road & drive like aholes. Yes, most crotch rocket rides I encounter on the roads ride like aholes trying to kill everyone.

Why do biker gangs traveling together feel they have the right to take 5-10 of said bikes & cut cars off endangering everyone's lives?
... you really don't like riders at all do you? insane amount of anger/resentment/something here.

for every biker riding like a dumbass there's 2 cars driving like dumbasses. This isn't something unique to bikers. That's your answer

and I want to know where you live that over 50% of the sports bikes on the road are riding like aholes. Refer to my above resentment comment or this one, because I call bs on the reality of that.
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #95
335e92tx
Major
 
335e92tx's Avatar
 
Drives: 07-335e92 - monaco blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (2)

Good IoM clip. I wish Joey D was still out there. He was flawless at showing them how it was done.
__________________
JBSPEED|MIRO-M6 reps|BMS JB3 V2.0 & DCI |VK Motorwerks DPs|BSH Oil Catch Can |Wavetrac |ETS IC
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/
335e92tx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #96
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
... you really don't like riders at all do you? insane amount of anger/resentment/something here.

for every biker riding like a dumbass there's 2 cars driving like dumbasses. This isn't something unique to bikers. That's your answer

and I want to know where you live that over 50% of the sports bikes on the road are riding like aholes. Refer to my above resentment comment or this one, because I call bs on the reality of that.
Far too conservative estimate there buddy. More like 10.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2011, 02:27 AM   #97
Mk23
Major
 
Mk23's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Central Florida

Posts: 1,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Question: I'm a big dude, 6'2" 280lbs and have been considering getting a bike. Would my height or weight be an issue? I assume it would be more top heavy, that right?
__________________
09 - 335i E92 / Monaco Blue
Mk23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #98
BillLee
Major General
 
BillLee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HTX

Posts: 5,230
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [0.00]
08 E90 335i  [4.65]
what would be a good starter bike for a person that is 5'5"? i have short legs. :/
BillLee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #99
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,058
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
what would be a good starter bike for a person that is 5'5"? i have short legs. :/
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #100
Rallo
Sho'nuff!!!
 
Rallo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 528i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cypress, Texas

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Rallo
LOL ^


Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
what would be a good starter bike for a person that is 5'5"? i have short legs. :/
Depends on your inseam...I'd say go to a moto dealer and sit on em and try em out. I think seat height on my Ninja 650R is 30". You can always have them lowered as well but it can change the way the bike handles a bit.
Rallo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #101
Razzy
Lieutenant
 
Razzy's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 422
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallo View Post
LOL ^




Depends on your inseam...I'd say go to a moto dealer and sit on em and try em out. I think seat height on my Ninja 650R is 30". You can always have them lowered as well but it can change the way the bike handles a bit.
NEVER EVER lower a bike!
Razzy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #102
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
Question: I'm a big dude, 6'2" 280lbs and have been considering getting a bike. Would my height or weight be an issue? I assume it would be more top heavy, that right?
Any experience behind a bike? Ninja's tend to be more comfortable for taller riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
what would be a good starter bike for a person that is 5'5"? i have short legs. :/
SV650, Ninja 650, CBR 650....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
NEVER EVER lower a bike!
You'll totally kill the dynamics of the bike.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 07-10-2011 at 01:23 AM.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #103
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaite View Post
Why do motorcycle riders think it's OK to ride with high beams on?
That's the whole point. You see them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #104
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I'll be getting one of those eventually. Fucking insurance is TRIPLE what it is for my 675.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
^Wow. I'm paying $53 a month for the S1k with $100,000/$300,000/$100,000. If you want my agents number PM me.
Picking up a 2011 in the fall. 6-10 week wait is killing me!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #105
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMSTUNING View Post
I have a ninja 250r as my first bike from a 50cc scooter. On the highway its not that bad but you definitely do not have much passing power. It will hit 105 mph though if you have enough room.

I recently had random thoughts of going down and I really haven't ridden since even though I have been thinking of upgrading since I got it.

Think I should just sell it or get a faster possibly more dangerous or possibly safer bike since I would be able to get out of dangers way.

Btw I live in Miami but I drive with extreme caution I never split lanes or drive recklessly.
A 250 is ideal for a beginner around town(I'd start with a 500), but in the highway not a chance. If you're riding in the highway upgrade to a 600. You need passing power.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #106
s2k_335i
This is it!!
 
s2k_335i's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO 335i without meth
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Land of Freedom

Posts: 672
iTrader: (1)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
why does almost every sport bike I see appear to have one headlight out? Is one a low beam and one high?
I always have mine on one headlight. The other is high beam which will draw power if you running 150+....http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
__________________
DFW, TX. Current: 08' Cayenne GTS, 14' Boxster S, 12' CBR 1000', 04' Bayliner 2556
Sold: 2010 A4, 2008 335i, 2007 335i, 2006 M3, 2006 S2000, 1990 NSX, 1991 300zx, 1992 Supra, 1996 Prelude, 1981 CRX, 1980 Mustang.
s2k_335i is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #107
BillLee
Major General
 
BillLee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HTX

Posts: 5,230
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [0.00]
08 E90 335i  [4.65]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Any experience behind a bike? Ninja's tend to be more comfortable for taller riders.



SV650, Ninja 650, CBR 650....



You'll totally kill the dynamics of the bike.
thanks, you saved me some researching time.
BillLee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #108
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
 
michaelthepsycho's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 1,632
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
Question: I'm a big dude, 6'2" 280lbs and have been considering getting a bike. Would my height or weight be an issue? I assume it would be more top heavy, that right?
Triumph Daytona 675 or Ducati 848 EVO. I think those are the two tallest bikes on the market right now in the supersport class. You better have a 33 or 34" inseam. Plus, the power in those two will carry your weight.
__________________
Former car
2011 BMW 335i Step - Montego Blue / Chestnut Brown
michaelthepsycho is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #109
Razzy
Lieutenant
 
Razzy's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 422
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
Triumph Daytona 675 or Ducati 848 EVO. I think those are the two tallest bikes on the market right now in the supersport class. You better have a 33 or 34" inseam. Plus, the power in those two will carry your weight.
you are a retard.
Razzy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #110
BillLee
Major General
 
BillLee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HTX

Posts: 5,230
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [0.00]
08 E90 335i  [4.65]
no he is psycho
BillLee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST