BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
INDustry distribution
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
immiketoo
Colonel
immiketoo's Avatar
71
Rep
2,873
Posts

 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Ask a Cop Anything Thread

OK, since Collin asked and I have received PMs from a lot of members on things, I will open the forum up to this topic.

I originally thought of it after reading a bunch of "I hate pigs" threads and it appears that some people are hugely ignorant of the law, have genuine questions or just want to vent their personal venom towards the police.

That said, I will entertain any questions you have about the profession, my personal experiences and opinion as it relates to the topic. However, I will not engagage in racisim, personal pissing matches or other ridiculous ventures as decided by me.

Lastly, nothing I say her is intended as legal advice and is intended for entertainment purposes only. Lets have fun and not get banned!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

..... Every shot at someone???? lol jkjk

What weapon do you carry?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

1. How did you become SWAT, years of experience as a LEO? Ex-Military that turned into LEO?
2. Have you been shot in action?
3. What is the craziest situation you have been in?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
panicos81
Colonel
panicos81's Avatar
Cyprus
65
Rep
2,317
Posts

 
Drives: a white bmw
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cyprus

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [4.27]
2007 e90  [0.00]
how do you feel when you fine somebody for a bullshit reason.. i.e lack of plates, speeding 50 in a 30 zone, person in the back seat has no seatbelt etc.. (i got fined for all 3 by the way..)

happy? i fined the m&^%fuc&^ who drives a bmw?
dont care? just business..
sad?? i shouldnt have fined him but i have to get my quota..
any other feelings you'd like to share?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Seminole
Colonel
Seminole's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
2,032
Posts

 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
how do you feel when you fine somebody for a bullshit reason.. i.e lack of plates, speeding 50 in a 30 zone, person in the back seat has no seatbelt etc.. (i got fined for all 3 by the way..)

happy? i fined the m&^%fuc&^ who drives a bmw?
dont care? just business..
sad?? i shouldnt have fined him but i have to get my quota..
any other feelings you'd like to share?
Going ~166% of the posted speed limit is not a bullshit reason for a ticket.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

You might want to state if you are SWAT, or just a patrolman. If I recall correctly you used to be a patrolman. I don't really care about the typical why did you pull X guy over. I'm more interested in the SWAT. That is a badass job, especially in a big city.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
MadDog's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
how do you feel when you fine somebody for a bullshit reason.. i.e lack of plates, speeding 50 in a 30 zone, person in the back seat has no seatbelt etc.. (i got fined for all 3 by the way..)

happy? i fined the m&^%fuc&^ who drives a bmw?
dont care? just business..
sad?? i shouldnt have fined him but i have to get my quota..
any other feelings you'd like to share?
Doesn't sound like bullshit reasons to me. You deserved it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
panicos81
Colonel
panicos81's Avatar
Cyprus
65
Rep
2,317
Posts

 
Drives: a white bmw
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cyprus

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [4.27]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Going ~166% of the posted speed limit is not a bullshit reason for a ticket.
depends on the road..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
panicos81
Colonel
panicos81's Avatar
Cyprus
65
Rep
2,317
Posts

 
Drives: a white bmw
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cyprus

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [4.27]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Doesn't sound like bullshit reasons to me. You deserved it.
hahah yeah thats what you say until you get it too.. btw it was front license plates only.. maybe i should have specified..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
how do you feel when you fine somebody for a bullshit reason.. i.e lack of plates, speeding 50 in a 30 zone, person in the back seat has no seatbelt etc.. (i got fined for all 3 by the way..)

happy? i fined the m&^%fuc&^ who drives a bmw?
dont care? just business..
sad?? i shouldnt have fined him but i have to get my quota..
any other feelings you'd like to share?
So let me get this straight.... Observing someone violating the law is a "bullshit reason" to cite them? I'm sorry but calling it a "bullshit reason" for getting a ticket is simply a "bullshit excuse". Man up and take responsibility for your own actions.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
Q4P
Colonel
Q4P's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

Why do cops feel the need to pull people over for going 5-10 mph over the speed limit, yet I see real crime happen everyday? Is it an ease or convenience sort of thing?

Disgusts me.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

this thread went to shit
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
TimZ
Lieutenant
TimZ's Avatar
Albania
7
Rep
574
Posts

 
Drives: X5M
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

What knife do you like to carry as part of your daily gear?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
M3Bahn's Avatar
62
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

How many donuts do you eat in an average day?
__________________
The journey is the reward.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimZ View Post
What knife do you like to carry as part of your daily gear?
+1, this is a good question.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

What made you want to be an officer of the law?
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
M3Bahn's Avatar
62
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
this thread went to shit
what a surprise.
__________________
The journey is the reward.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #18
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
Why do cops feel the need to pull people over for going 5-10 mph over the speed limit, yet I see real crime happen everyday? Is it an ease or convenience sort of thing?

Disgusts me.
Probably because the amount of deaths a year from driving is much higher than any other form of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
How many donuts do you eat in an average day?
You're not funny, whatsoever.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #19
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
///M3THOD's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,571
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL/Buckhead

iTrader: (29)

Why dont you guys take this as an opportunity to ask serious questions? Wtf?
__________________
2014 Individual /// M5 Competition AW/AB

|| MORR MS5.2 || BMS Stg.1 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #20
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

We need thread police for the police thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #21
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

serial though
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #22
Q4P
Colonel
Q4P's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Probably because the amount of deaths a year from driving is much higher than any other form of death.
Word??

It's been proven by traffic engineers that our speed limits on the highways can be raised. Technology has went far ahead, I think it may have something to do with revenue.

Well here is a plan for revenue; don't make a drivers license cost $20 bucks and make it a little more difficult to get than passing a parking lot test. Trained / Attentantive drivers will do more to save lives than a ticket...

end/
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST