BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
BPM Sport
View Poll Results: Do Christians drive BMWs? (Another way of asking Are you...?)
Yes, I am Christian. 151 55.31%
No, I am not Christian. 79 28.94%
I don't know if I am a Christian. 5 1.83%
What is a Christian? 15 5.49%
I was a Christian, but not anymore. 23 8.42%
I would like to be a Christian. 0 0%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #221
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
GH32335i

Can I ask you what you believe?

I like to use term trust rather than believe. Trust is when you form an opinion based on evidence and critical thinking.
Example: I have never been in Australia. Am I suppose to think that until I go there it might not exist? All the maps and satellite images could be a part of global conspiracy.
Here comes critical thinking and Occam’s razor: which alternative is more likely? What would be the motive for a conspiracy? Who would benefit from such a scam? Therefore I conclude that Australia is real based on incredible amount of data that supports that claim.



Where do you think that humans came from?

Humans are made from “star stuff” is what current science tells us. It is backed up by a significant amount of evidence (available in your local library, bookstore and online). We evolved from a cosmic soup over billions of years. Now, that’s a long time.

If Universe is 15 billion years old, and if we shrink it to 1 calendar year, big bang occurred on January 1st, first humans appeared in last 15 seconds on December 31st. We are very young species.



What do you think happens when you die?

I think that, based on what we know, we die and game over for our concious self. That is what makes this life so precious. Think of how many people will never be born, due to genetic roulette!! We are incredibly lucky to have been born and alive.

And yes, I would like hard facts to back up what you believe, because I'm sorry I just can't go by someone's theory. Sorry, just can't take what you say on "faith" or gullibility....I need some facts, back up your beliefs for me if you would.

You want hard facts??? You can’t believe in some “theory”??? You??? You believe in a man made fairytale and live your life by it!!! If you were interested in hard facts, you wouldn’t be religious.

You feel that all answers should be available NOW. If science hasn’t figured out yet answers to EVERYTHING, it is not worth your while. YOU NEED A QUICK COMFORTING FIX.

Devine fallacy:
If it’s too complex and currently not understood, god must have done it.

Science is not a body of knowledge, it is a way of thinking critically, it’s about TESTING hypothesis until it becomes a theory, it is about predictability of experiments, it is everything religion is NOT. Every scientific theory can be disproved. As a matter of fact we are encouraged to take a swing at it. If you are able to find holes in it, you’ll probably get a Nobel prize. (see Einstein/Newton/gravity)




And one other thing, how do I live my life any different than you do? Just because I'm a Christian, how is my life being wasted as you seem to think? How am I not living this one life that I've been given to any less degree than you're living yours?

1. You base your values on a morally outdated fairytale

2. You (I assume) spend a moderate amount of time and money to support your church

3. You live your life in fear of punishment (hell)

4. You are heavily influenced by the guilt trip propagated by organized religion, which is a marketing business exploiting the gullible

5. You believe in afterlife, which makes this life far less valuable

6. You might be wrong about your deity choice and still end up in hell

And, by the way, you never replied directly to my post about Pascal’s wager and are 1.5 billion muslims delusional? Jews? Hindu?
Okay, so you think we're all made of fairy dust, and I'm the dillusional one.

1. The Bible is not outdated, fact is science is proving it correct everyday. There's stuff in the Bible that tells us what will happen in the future. Why don't you start by learning that and then sit back and watch. Seems like a fair enough challenge.

2. Yep, I go to church, not every Sunday, but I go....Do I donate my money to it? Not much I give to other Christian charities such as The Christian Childrens Fund, so a couple of kids in Nigeria can have shoes, and vaccines. My church seems to have enough money, it's doing fine.

3. I don't live my life in fear of hell at all. I've made a commitment to Jesus Christ and accepted him as my savior, and I believe it 100%, and in doing so, I've said, God, there's a lot I don't understand, but I trust in you. And I know that sounds like a bunch of Christian hogwash chatter, but telling me I came from space dust sounds the same way to me. You go your way, I'll go mine.

4. I'm not influenced by any guilt. I'm a sinner, as is every other person on this planet. I do try to avoid it, because in reality most of what is considered sin does lead to bigger problems in life, so it actually works out pretty well.

5. I believe in afterlife, doesn't mean this life is any less valuable. I believe that the afterlife will be far different than my life is right now, so I enjoy this one as much as you do. I'm just not afraid of dying someday.

6. Yep, I could be wrong. I've studied it enough to feel very comfortable that I'm not, so I'm not worried. Like I said before, if I'm wrong - lights out, end of story, but if you're wrong.....

Here are the facts:

You and I both believe in something that cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. You say I believe in a fairytale, and it looks like you believe that we come from fairy dust from the Universe.

You and I both believe in the way we do, because it seems to make sense to us, and we have both studied what we believe to be true.

And the last fact is you and I will both die someday, and 300 years from now, no one on this Earth will ever know we existed.

The other fact is that you seem to be all pissed off because some people are religious. Let me assure you I'm not pissed off because you have no religion. In my mind, that's your problem, not mine. I've done my job, I've presented you with the facts of what I believe, if you take the time to further investigate it, it's up to you. In my mind, and I know you don't believe this, I've set you up.....when you die, you'll have to stand before God and explain why you rejected him, and due to this thread the excuse of "nobody told me" is out the window. But that's just what I beleive, and I know to you it isn't as brilliant as believing that universe dust landed on a planet, and eventually evolved into a parasite, that eventually became a fish, and then eventually became a lizard or something, which finally started to grow some hair, and then became a monkey, and then became a human.

So in the end, you and I can both say that we don't agree with one anothers logic, but we should also respect each others right to believe what we want.

And yes, in my post I made fun of your beliefs a little bit, but I just wanted you to know what you sound like in every one of your posts.

As for 1.5 billion Muslims being dillusional, they have their religion, and I have mine....I've learned a little bit about theirs and I, personally, prefer mine. But I'm not going to lower myself and use your tactic by saying they're a bunch of dillusional morons, that believe in some 1500 year old fairy tale. To do so would be offensive to HKS786, and would never do that. I respect his right to accept and believe in his religion. Yes, our religions do differ greatly in some areas, but that doesn't make me think any less of him as a human being.

We can argue this forever and get nowhere, so you go believe in the universe dust theory and I'll go believe in God..... Good luck to you, and I hope that someday you'll find peace with the fact that not everyone thinks like you do.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #222
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
1) You can call it the US army or whatever you want -- in my eyes the wars and killing innocent (weather a single innocent or tens of thousands), especially for no clear reason, is the same fanatical thing, no matter who does it...

2) I WILL listen to the link you provided when I get a minute, probably tomorrow...

3) I am not sure how you got to the idea that if no one believed in God, there would be no wars... I did not mean that way at all...

4) The key is exactly that -- DEFEND! Again -- it all depends how you wish to view it. IMO, the US has not fought the defensive war since the WW2. That makes us the occupators, and the "bad" guys are defending themselves and their territory. Therefore, you also acknoledge that there is nothing wrong with defending yourself...
I agree with you 100%....

I don't think that it's fair to blame it on Christianity, though. Yes, a lot of leaders have claimed to be Christian, just like GW does, but actions speak louder than words. The Muslims are still, and rightfully so, angry about "the Conquests", but that was primarily carried out by the Roman Catholic Church, a church that I believe is not Biblically sound. They do and believe a lot that goes against what I consider Christianity. It's just like Mormons, who say they are Christians, but they're not even close.

I don't want to start a whole debate on Catholicism, and Mormonism, but they do stray from sound Biblical principals. In my opinion, Mormonism more so than Catholicism. As for slavery, that's just disgusting.

I appreciate the fact that you will listen to the links I provided. You'll need to pay attention, because like I said he really digs in. That site has a ton of very intteresting topics that are covered, a lot of which many people would not associate with Christianity. He covers a lot of Prophecy which is a fascinating subject at this moment in history.

Here's a link to what is basically the glossary of all their studies: http://www.khouse.org/6640_cat/

I like this site, because it's more of a scientific study, than the typical preaching of salvation, guilt, and whooping and hollering that, to me, turn people off, and make them feel just like you guys seem to feel. And believe me, I understand your thinking, and I can't blame you for thinking the way you do when you watch all that stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #223
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pineville, LA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
How do you know? Any evidence?
What is heaven? Where is it? What do you do in heaven and what do you do for eternity?
You are by far the most delusional person I came across.

Instead of living fully this ONE life we have, you are betting your farm on a fairytale.

If you decide to reply:

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE BIBLE AS IT IS A MAN MADE BOOK LIKE HARRY POTTER.
I know there is a heaven because my "manmade book" tells me so; this is evidence enough; heaven is a place of peace & tranquility, no more sadness, illness, worries, we will worship and sing, and be at complete peace with each other;
You may think I am delusional but I live a completely happy life, I enjoy this life to the fullest; I do all the things normal people do; I own a beautiful home, nice cars (including my BMW), a motorhome, have a wonderful family; I live my life to the fullest; I don't know where unbelievers get the idea we are punished on earth because we believe in an almighty God; my life is full of joy...and as far as quoting scripture, you cannot stop me, it's a free world...
What! Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, it is not your own; therefore, glorify God in your body, your mind, and your spirit which belong to Him.......

Frankly, I think you just like to stir up those on here that are Christians to aggrevate.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #224
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
I agree with you 100%....

I don't think that it's fair to blame it on Christianity, though. Yes, a lot of leaders have claimed to be Christian, just like GW does, but actions speak louder than words. The Muslims are still, and rightfully so, angry about "the Conquests", but that was primarily carried out by the Roman Catholic Church, a church that I believe is not Biblically sound.
I understand fustration at people who do not follow religion properly. I wouldnt judge Christians by Bush and Blair and I hope people dont judge Muslims by suicide bombers etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #225
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I understand fustration at people who do not follow religion properly. I wouldnt judge Christians by Bush and Blair and I hope people dont judge Muslims by suicide bombers etc.
No, I do not. I really feel sorry for those that actually carry out those attacks. They are being used for someone else's gain, which I view more as political than religious.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #226
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Can I ask what you mean by "The difference that I see, is that we view these events to be the worst the world has ever seen and you all believe it to be great and wonderful."?
I can anwer this question, but you might not like the answer. I'm more than happy to anwer you on this, but I do not want to be offensive to you as a Muslim. It's just what I have learned, and in answering, my desire would not to be argumentative, or insulting.

So, having said that, do you want me to answer your question?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #227
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
2,376
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I'd be interested in the answer myself.

This is the first time, as a Catholic, that I was ever told I wasn't a Christian . . . I celebrate his life and sacrifice every time I go to mass, and wear a cross around my neck to remind me of the sacrifice he made for a stupid sh!t like me to be able to go to heaven. How does that differ from Christianity???

Oh, and as always RESPECTFULLY submitted.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #228
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 Mazda6s
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

y'all learn soon enough that it's not worth arguing about. no one here is interested in hearing what anyone else has to say about what they believe.

they just want to hear the words "ok, i'm sorry, you're right".
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #229
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,973
Posts

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944 View Post
I know there is a heaven because my "manmade book" tells me so; this is evidence enough; heaven is a place of peace & tranquility, no more sadness, illness, worries, we will worship and sing, and be at complete peace with each other;
You may think I am delusional but I live a completely happy life, I enjoy this life to the fullest; I do all the things normal people do; I own a beautiful home, nice cars (including my BMW), a motorhome, have a wonderful family; I live my life to the fullest; I don't know where unbelievers get the idea we are punished on earth because we believe in an almighty God; my life is full of joy...and as far as quoting scripture, you cannot stop me, it's a free world...
What! Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, it is not your own; therefore, glorify God in your body, your mind, and your spirit which belong to Him.......

Frankly, I think you just like to stir up those on here that are Christians to aggrevate.
I don't think anyone needs to waste any more time with you on this...
I assume you believe in a Seahorse since the book and the movie were made about that, too...

As for a beautiful home, house, family...obviously you don't need your Bible and your Gods and Jesus for that -- we all have it purely with a hard work (and some with pure luck...)
As for --"Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, it is not your own; therefore, glorify God in your body, your mind, and your spirit which belong to Him......." -- you need some SERIOUS help! Why, because those fanatics will tell you next to strap shit around your waste and...boommm!...and you will believe to them!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #230
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 Mazda6s
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

do you mean to say that seahorses don't exist?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #231
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pineville, LA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
do you mean to say that seahorses don't exist?
Don't know Ray where they get some of their stuff from either????
I do believe in seahorses; have had them in my hand before...he must be talking about a seahorse I never heard of
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #232
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'd be interested in the answer myself.

This is the first time, as a Catholic, that I was ever told I wasn't a Christian . . . I celebrate his life and sacrifice every time I go to mass, and wear a cross around my neck to remind me of the sacrifice he made for a stupid sh!t like me to be able to go to heaven. How does that differ from Christianity???

Oh, and as always RESPECTFULLY submitted.
Hi, didn't mean to bring you poor Catholics into this discussion.

Here's the actor Kirk Cameron's web site, they have a discussion on Catholocism:

http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/p...9-2006-hour-1/

http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/p...9-2006-hour-2/

This should explain the differences and problems that a lot of Christians see in Catholicism.

As for me, I have no doubt in your love and dedication to Christ.....I really have no idea how the Lord views it. I'm sure none of us understand everything, and worship exactly like we are suppose to.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #233
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
No, I do not. I really feel sorry for those that actually carry out those attacks. They are being used for someone else's gain, which I view more as political than religious.
I do feel sorry for them, but at the same time also fustrated. As muslims, they should know better. But then again, many are brainwashed at such young ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
I can anwer this question, but you might not like the answer. I'm more than happy to anwer you on this, but I do not want to be offensive to you as a Muslim. It's just what I have learned, and in answering, my desire would not to be argumentative, or insulting.

So, having said that, do you want me to answer your question?
Yes, please do go on. It might even turn out to be a misconception that I can correct you on. I wont be offended whatever the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
y'all learn soon enough that it's not worth arguing about. no one here is interested in hearing what anyone else has to say about what they believe.

they just want to hear the words "ok, i'm sorry, you're right".
Hmm. I'm not sure if you mean "noone" as is "NOONE" because I genuinly am interested in hearing other people's beliefs. In your case, as a Christian I care because I hear Christians with many different beliefs and I like to collect them all and build a picture of what the differences between Christians can be.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #234
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,973
Posts

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
do you mean to say that seahorses don't exist?
I meant the movie water horse...
Again, use your brain and connect dots -- FOX is not going to help you there...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #235
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

GH32335i,

Okay, so you think we're all made of fairy dust, and I'm the dillusional one.

Please educate yourself. It is the best working theory[1] today.

The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe whose primary assertion is that the universe has expanded into its current state from a primordial condition of enormous density and temperature.

The term is also used in a narrower sense to describe the fundamental "fireball" that erupted at or close to an initial time-point in the history of our observed spacetime.

Theoretical support for the Big Bang comes from mathematical models, called Friedmann models. These models show that a Big Bang is consistent with general relativity and with the cosmological principle, which states that the properties of the universe should be independent of position or orientation.
Observational evidence for the Big Bang includes the analysis of the spectrum of light from galaxies, which reveal a shift towards longer wavelengths proportional to each galaxy's distance in a relationship described by Hubble's law. Combined with the evidence that observers located anywhere in the universe make similar observations (the Copernican principle), this suggests that space itself is expanding.

The next most important observational evidence was the discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation in 1964. This had been predicted as a relic from when hot ionized plasma of the early universe first cooled sufficiently to form neutral hydrogen and allow space to become transparent to light, and its discovery led to general acceptance among physicists that the Big Bang is the best model for the evolution of the universe. A third important line of evidence is the relative proportion of light elements in the universe, which is a close match to predictions for the formation of light elements in the first minutes of the universe, according to Big Bang nucleosynthesis


[1]In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it can in everyday speech. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from or is supported by experimental evidence (see scientific method). In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations, and is predictive, logical, and testable. In principle, scientific theories are always tentative, and subject to corrections or inclusion in a yet wider theory.

1. The Bible is not outdated, fact is science is proving it correct everyday. There's stuff in the Bible that tells us what will happen in the future. Why don't you start by learning that and then sit back and watch. Seems like a fair enough challenge.

If you use science as a crutch to support bible, youíve entered arena of science.
Scientific method (google it) is not compatible with religion. This doesnít mean that both canít reside in one person, it means that you CAN NOT back up religion with science.
Please donít use science to support bible. It wouldnít last 2 seconds.
What are these prophesies you talk about. And please be specific.


Example: If I make a prediction on how will adding salt to water change itís boiling point there are 2 ways to do it:

1. Scientific: I will state the water to salt ratio, both volumes, and predict boiling point change within a tenth of a degree. I will back it up with numerous studies and challenge scientific peer group to prove it wrong. They will try to rip me apart for common good and if they fail, it will become a theory.

2. Religious: Thou white powder will fall into hellish liquid and nothing will be the same again. Thou liquid shall not make holy bubbles. Halleluiah. Praise the lord.



2. Yep, I go to church, not every Sunday, but I go....Do I donate my money to it? Not much I give to other Christian charities such as The Christian Childrens Fund, so a couple of kids in Nigeria can have shoes, and vaccines. My church seems to have enough money, it's doing fine.

Good for you, but one does need religion to donate and help other.


3. I don't live my life in fear of hell at all. I've made a commitment to Jesus Christ and accepted him as my savior, and I believe it 100%, and in doing so, I've said, God, there's a lot I don't understand, but I trust in you. And I know that sounds like a bunch of Christian hogwash chatter, but telling me I came from space dust sounds the same way to me. You go your way, I'll go mine.

It does sound like a hogwash because it doesnít have any evidence except anecdotal to support it.

Scientific method doesnít claim monopoly on truth like religion. There are many unknowns and we are trying to figure out the world around us. Religion offers dumbed down quick guide to universe and uses a book as a proof????


4. I'm not influenced by any guilt. I'm a sinner, as is every other person on this planet. I do try to avoid it, because in reality most of what is considered sin does lead to bigger problems in life, so it actually works out pretty well.

I am not a sinner! Why would I be? You just contradict yourself by saying you are NOT influenced by guilt and then admitting that you are a sinner! What are your sins? That Adam ate an apple. Get real dude.

5. I believe in afterlife, doesn't mean this life is any less valuable. I believe that the afterlife will be far different than my life is right now, so I enjoy this one as much as you do. I'm just not afraid of dying someday.

What is so great about afterlife? Eternity seems pretty boring to me. Are you gonna sing with Jesus every day? I mean, what does one do in heaven forever? Do you fly to other galaxies, because if you do, Iíd like to strap a few telescopes and radio transmitters to your ass to get some data back here.

6. Yep, I could be wrong. I've studied it enough to feel very comfortable that I'm not, so I'm not worried. Like I said before, if I'm wrong - lights out, end of story, but if you're wrong.....

You admit that you could be wrong, and this makes you a non fundamentalist. But arenít you concerned that omnipresent god is reading this thread and seeing your poker strategy as CYA.

Here are the facts:

You and I both believe in something that cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. You say I believe in a fairytale, and it looks like you believe that we come from fairy dust from the Universe.


BUT I HAVE OBSERVABLE EVIDENCE AS A BACKUP, YOU HAVE A BOOK, AND A NEED FOR SKYDADDY.

You and I both believe in the way we do, because it seems to make sense to us, and we have both studied what we believe to be true.

PLEASE dinít equate the weight of my point of view and yours. It is NOT 50:50. You have to include Muslims, Hindu, Jews, Buddhists and a crapload of other poly and mono atheistic religions.

The other fact is that you seem to be all pissed off because some people are religious. Let me assure you I'm not pissed off because you have no religion. In my mind, that's your problem, not mine. I've done my job, I've presented you with the facts of what I believe, if you take the time to further investigate it, it's up to you.

WHAT FACTS ARE THESE? AMBIGUOUS PROPHESY?

In my mind, and I know you don't believe this, I've set you up.....when you die, you'll have to stand before God and explain why you rejected him, and due to this thread the excuse of "nobody told me" is out the window. But that's just what I beleive, and I know to you it isn't as brilliant as believing that universe dust landed on a planet, and eventually evolved into a parasite, that eventually became a fish, and then eventually became a lizard or something, which finally started to grow some hair, and then became a monkey, and then became a human.

Why NOT answer to him NOW? Why wait? I'd like to stand up to that voyeuristic sadist tonight and tell him that he is an asshole. All the children dying, diseases, wars, for what? His entertainment?


So in the end, you and I can both say that we don't agree with one anothers logic, but we should also respect each others right to believe what we want.

We are not on the same level!!! You have a book and a hope, I have common sense, critical thinking, physical evidence. And I am aware that I know very little. But one thing is certain. If there is a creator, It certainly is not a demented sadist like your God.

As for 1.5 billion Muslims being dillusional, they have their religion, and I have mine....I've learned a little bit about theirs and I, personally, prefer mine. But I'm not going to lower myself and use your tactic by saying they're a bunch of dillusional morons, that believe in some 1500 year old fairy tale. To do so would be offensive to HKS786, and would never do that. I respect his right to accept and believe in his religion. Yes, our religions do differ greatly in some areas, but that doesn't make me think any less of him as a human being.

I have NEVER called anybody a moron. Delusional (spelled correctly) is NOT an insult. Look it up. And the fact that if hks is right you are going to a shish kebab in islamic hell doesn't concern you?

We can argue this forever and get nowhere, so you go believe in the universe dust theory and I'll go believe in God..... Good luck to you, and I hope that someday you'll find peace with the fact that not everyone thinks like you do.

If people used scientific method of critical thinking, we wouldnít have 9-11, dark ages, witch-huntsÖ
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #236
Chunga
Captain
Chunga's Avatar
Denmark
11
Rep
903
Posts

 
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denmark, sealand

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Chunga Send a message via Skype™ to Chunga
I am a christian by birth. But i beleave in walmart (save money - live better). They send out cataloges to prove their existense.
If God was for real. He would properly have to learn something about marketing.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #237
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Another benifit of being deeply religious

Blind faith is good for you...
Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #238
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 Mazda6s
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I meant the movie water horse...
Again, use your brain and connect dots -- FOX is not going to help you there...
i'm the one that needs to use their brain? next time just apologize for mixing up your words. it happens, and it's ok. it's humorous most of the time. no need to get offensive...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #239
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
AcMilan714's Avatar
Armenia
16
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HB So Cali

iTrader: (0)

Proud Christian.

In 301 AD, Armenia adopted Christianity as a state religion, becoming the first nation to do so.

Armenia has been populated since prehistoric times, and has been proposed as the site of the Biblical Garden of Eden [33]. Armenia lies in the highlands surrounding the Biblical mountains of Ararat, upon which, as Judeo-Christian theology states, Noah's Ark came to rest after the flood. (Gen. 8:4). Archaeologists continue to uncover evidence that Armenia and the Armenian Highlands were among the earliest sites of human civilization and maybe even the birthplace of agriculture and civilization
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #240
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Blind faith is good for you...
I hope you are happy with yourself. I have never insulted you for any of your beliefs or the fact that you dont believe what I believe. The least you could do is return the courteousy by not posting stupid pics that would obviously insult me.

What happened to those Arenas of yours? You already lost the common sense one before, seems like you lost the respect one too
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #241
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I hope you are happy with yourself. I have never insulted you for any of your beliefs or the fact that you dont believe what I believe. The least you could do is return the courteousy by not posting stupid pics that would obviously insult me.

What happened to those Arenas of yours? You already lost the common sense one before, seems like you lost the respect one too
Are you saying that muslim fundamentalists are not blowing themselves up taking away innocent lives? It happened today in Pakistan!!! Why are you offended, it is the truth!!!
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #242
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Are you saying that muslim fundamentalists are not blowing themselves up taking away innocent lives? It happened today in Pakistan!!! Why are you offended, it is the truth!!!
Firstly when we say "muslim fundamentalists" we are already making a mistake. The fundamentals of Islam are being peaceful and following the laws of God, therefore you cant be a terrorist and a proper muslim...

The reason why I felt offended is because you said:

"Another benifit of being deeply religious ... Blind faith is good for you..."

you made no effort to say that people who distort religions are clearly in error and should not do so. You instead took a dig at being "deeply religious" and having "blind faith" which the Quran doesnt even teach...
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST