BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
M6Rida
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2007 Bmw AW M6
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles,CA


Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

receiving the new m3

can i get a breakdown of when i should expect to see the M3 in PERSON? are dealers in southern cali gettin a demo a couple months before release. when should the ordered cars begin arriving. this wait is gettin real hectic, and causing me to get a couple gray hairs
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
m_bazeepaymon
Major
19

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
honestly
I am getting lost myself....
Do we know Launch of Europe?
Thats in september right?

when is US press release....
im gonna shoot myself lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
albeik
Private First Class
United_States
14

 
albeik's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Formula Red S2000
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Marlborough, MA


Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to albeik
I think the home page should have a "widget" showing the latest and greatest information about when to expect the M3 (in Europe and the US) -- and as updates come by - the home page gets updated as well.

(or maybe have a sticky with that information somewhere)

... just an idea
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
136

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR


Posts: 7,615
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Release schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
honestly
I am getting lost myself....
Do we know Launch of Europe?
Thats in september right?

when is US press release....
im gonna shoot myself lol
It's all heresay until BMWNA issues something, but I'm believe US cars start production in December, meaning Feb-Mar '08 US delivery start. I'm guessing US dealers will get demos late this year.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
m_bazeepaymon
Major
19

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
It's all heresay until BMWNA issues something, but I'm believe US cars start production in December, meaning Feb-Mar '08 US delivery start. I'm guessing US dealers will get demos late this year.
but we for sur eknow that European launch is September....
right?
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
24

 
Steved's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England


Posts: 502
iTrader: (0)

I know that cars will be available for delivery in the UK on 8th September '07. I will hopefully be able to drive one and let you know how it feels sometime in June '07. If a car is available any sooner then you'll soon hear about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
m_bazeepaymon
Major
19

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
I know that cars will be available for delivery in the UK on 8th September '07. I will hopefully be able to drive one and let you know how it feels sometime in June '07. If a car is available any sooner then you'll soon hear about it.
thanks boss
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #8
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
United_States
21

 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA


Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
I know that cars will be available for delivery in the UK on 8th September '07. I will hopefully be able to drive one and let you know how it feels sometime in June '07. If a car is available any sooner then you'll soon hear about it.
Steved, I am very much looking forward to your impressions of the new M3, especially compared to the Z4M Coupe. There are some things I really do not like about the Z4MC (which is why I am selling mine) and I hope the new M3 does not have those traits....

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Goober M
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington, DC


Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Steved, I am very much looking forward to your impressions of the new M3, especially compared to the Z4M Coupe. There are some things I really do not like about the Z4MC (which is why I am selling mine) and I hope the new M3 does not have those traits....

cheers!
Hans, just curious as to what those traits are?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
United_States
21

 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA


Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober M View Post
Hans, just curious as to what those traits are?

Here's what I don't like about my Z4MC (so shoot me!!):
- Brakes too touchy on initial bite. Feel overboosted and are difficult to modulate.
- Even with the Clutch Delay Valve removed, the clutch has little feel. It is like an on-off switch and (like the brakes) difficult to finesse. The throttle is the same way. I had to change my driving style to drive this car smoothly. Not that that is a terrible thing, but in hmm... 20 years of driving manuals, this car sticks out as the most "artificial" feeling clutch/throttle.
- Engine/power is really just adequate for a performance car. Also, it could sound a little better (ok so I'm a sucker for a V8!)
- A bit too much dive and squat in the suspension
- Driving position and visibility could be better.

But most of these issues are my fault -- I didn't drive the car before I bought it! It was just and I had to have it so I had it shipped from out of state. The same thing may well happen with the M3. I'm in line to get the dealer's 1st car - at an out of state dealer! I don't want to make the same mistake again so I hope I will get to drive it somehow....

What I DO like about the Z4MC... the materials and build quality are excellent, just like all BMWs. It looks sexy too and is very unique. I have yet to see another one, and this is in LA, where everybody has a cool car!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
Goober M
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington, DC


Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Hans, many thanks. I've got a Z4 M Coupe on order (delivery in mid-May) and hadn't heard much negative comment about the car, so your comments are interesting and helpful. All of what you say makes sense, I guess I'll just have to see what I think when I pick 'er up. I was not able to find one locally to test drive before I had to place my order, but I felt, and still feel, pretty comfortable. My Dad has a Z4 roadster, and I like the driving position.

Either way, I will only have the car on a 30 month lease -- just an expensive rental until I buy an M3 Sedan in the fall of 2009. If I find the car annoying, I won't have it that long. But methinks I'll like it and will be squireling away additional cash to buy it at the end of the lease (it'll be rare and a classic in 20 years)!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #12
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
28

 
SpencerM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 2,026
iTrader: (1)

I'm guessing the US debut will be the L.A. Auto Show in Dec/Jan and will be in show rooms shortly there after.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #13
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
United_States
21

 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA


Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober M View Post
Hans, many thanks. I've got a Z4 M Coupe on order (delivery in mid-May) and hadn't heard much negative comment about the car, so your comments are interesting and helpful. All of what you say makes sense, I guess I'll just have to see what I think when I pick 'er up. I was not able to find one locally to test drive before I had to place my order, but I felt, and still feel, pretty comfortable. My Dad has a Z4 roadster, and I like the driving position.

Either way, I will only have the car on a 30 month lease -- just an expensive rental until I buy an M3 Sedan in the fall of 2009. If I find the car annoying, I won't have it that long. But methinks I'll like it and will be squireling away additional cash to buy it at the end of the lease (it'll be rare and a classic in 20 years)!
The Z4MC is a real blast to drive as long as you are driving it HARD. That Top Gear review on the Z4M Roadster was spot on... you have to "grab it by the scruff of the neck" ... problem for me is, I do not always drive hard, especially on city streets (duh!) ... sometimes I just want to cruise around. But, if you are ON IT... the Z4MC is like an eager puppy dog that becomes a serious beast!

My impetuousness over the car might be due to the fact that this recently arrived!



:rocks:
The P-E-R-F-E-C-T car!!

(that's my detail guy, LOL! )
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #14
Smoltz
Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Live Free or Die


Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
The Z4MC is a real blast to drive as long as you are driving it HARD. That Top Gear review on the Z4M Roadster was spot on... you have to "grab it by the scruff of the neck" ... problem for me is, I do not always drive hard, especially on city streets (duh!) ... sometimes I just want to cruise around. But, if you are ON IT... the Z4MC is like an eager puppy dog that becomes a serious beast!

My impetuousness over the car might be due to the fact that this recently arrived!



:rocks:
The P-E-R-F-E-C-T car!!

(that's my detail guy, LOL! )

Good choice on the GT3. If I had both the M coupe wouldnt be seeing many miles.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 03:47 AM   #15
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
74

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arcadia, California


Posts: 6,327
iTrader: (56)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to E90330iS Send a message via MSN to E90330iS Send a message via Skype™ to E90330iS
Beautiful GT3! The white is the best color for GT3s in my opinion.
__________________
1. E90 325i/328i/330i Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 76mm (Used for 30000 miles) $680 OBO
2. E90 M3 Jet Black Front Bumper $120 OBO
3. E90 M3 Style CF Trunk Spoiler $80 OBO
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 05:54 AM   #16
EBuyuk
Private
2

 
EBuyuk's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Istanbul


Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

The question for me is, when is it coming out in Turkey??? I am ready to order it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #17
esquire
Colonel
United_States
56

 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California


Posts: 2,801
iTrader: (0)

GT3!!! now i know you're a true car enthusiast. you didn't take the generic 911 turbo route. the white looks great by the way. maybe post a few more pics of the gt3 when you get a chance.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST