BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #23
PGabriel
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

Hi, I´m interested in switching my stock Michelin PS2 tires (19") to a new set of Hankook Ventu's, in order to improve my DD ride which I find a little harsh at the moment.

It seems there are some contradictory opinions here, cause some are saying the Ventus are quiet and comfort, while other say they are noisy and not more comfortable than the PS2.

??
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #24
isakhnov
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 M5 CP - SG/AB

Bought them based on C&D review for my old e46 and had nothing but regret. Traction was pretty poor in the wet Seattle climate and it was only marginally better compared to my bold conties it replaced.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Ride, steering feel, and noise are subjective categories. You can measure some objective data, but ultimately feel is a personal preference.

In general, the Hankooks are strong in measurable data, lateral G's etc.

Their feel is not to the taste of everyone. Generally they are found to be good for ride, but not as responsive for handling as everyone would prefer.

They are usually quiet, but the dramatic directional tread pattern could get noisy over time given that you are not able to rotate a staggered setup.