BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-16-2011, 06:19 AM   #23
Justin(OKC)
SMYLMKR
Justin(OKC)'s Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,369
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 1988 M3, 2015 X1
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Admittedly, I'm very tempted by these. I really wanted red calipers if I was doing a color, though. I keep going back and forth between the AP racing setup and the Stoptech Trophy setup.

What would it cost to make the calipers red? Any photos of this kit on your car?
__________________
2011 E90 M3 - Alpine White/Fox Red Extended/Carbon Leather
Premium/Convenience/Cold Weather Package - Competition Package - M-DCT - Sunshades - EPS - BMW Apps - Sat Radio - Ipod/USB
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #24
mastek
e36s54, F10M5, e70X5d
mastek's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,597
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin(OKC) View Post
Admittedly, I'm very tempted by these. I really wanted red calipers if I was doing a color, though. I keep going back and forth between the AP racing setup and the Stoptech Trophy setup.

What would it cost to make the calipers red? Any photos of this kit on your car?
I could do the entire kit in Red with White Lettering for $5600 shipped.
You could get a brand new kit for $6500 but only with black lettering on a Red caliper. So im not sure thats worth it.
But it would be a shame to strip the paint on that brand new gloss black caliper.

The StopTech Trophy is a nice kit and i was considering it at the time too.
What i found was that the "Strap-Drive" Hat/Rotor system is superior for cooling a rotor at race track speeds.
Weight-wise i think the StopTech Trophy Caliper might be a little lighter.
Materials quality = AP all the way
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #25
mastek
e36s54, F10M5, e70X5d
mastek's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,597
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (15)

Bump this - up for sale now - parting out car
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #26
Modena NYC
Private First Class
1
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Sent PM
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #27
mastek
e36s54, F10M5, e70X5d
mastek's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,597
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (15)

I would like to sell this as a 4-wheel kit

Unless I have a buyer for both sets, then I will consider seperating.

Thanks

Last edited by mastek; 12-30-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #28
M3SQRD
Colonel
M3SQRD's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
2,480
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3s,R56 CooperS,F22 228iX
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
I would like to sell this as a 4-wheel kit

Unless I have a buyer for both sets, then I will consider seperating.

Thanks
I'm assuming you've used these calipers and rotors since you originally created this thread? What are the current condition of the calipers? Is the rear caliper finish still different from the front caliper? Thickness of front and rear rotors? Remaining pad material?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #29
mastek
e36s54, F10M5, e70X5d
mastek's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,597
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
I'm assuming you've used these calipers and rotors since you originally created this thread? What are the current condition of the calipers? Is the rear caliper finish still different from the front caliper? Thickness of front and rear rotors? Remaining pad material?
Thread was updated yesterday.
Front Calipers are Brand New (Gloss black) = never used
Front rotors have 70% left = 35.40mm
Rear Calipers are Brand New (Gloss Black) = never used
Rear Rotors have 90% left = 25.90mm
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #30
M3SQRD
Colonel
M3SQRD's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
2,480
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3s,R56 CooperS,F22 228iX
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
Thread was updated yesterday.
Front Calipers are Brand New (Gloss black) = never used
Front rotors have 70% left = 35.40mm
Rear Calipers are Brand New (Gloss Black) = never used
Rear Rotors have 90% left = 25.90mm
OK, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #31
TX335
Private First Class
1
Rep
156
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Still available?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #32
IMG
M.POWER
IMG's Avatar
104
Rep
7,066
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

Great BBK,they got them on the MP$ 12C for a reason.
GLWS !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #33
ucla bruin
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
235
Posts

 
Drives: daily moped
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

PMed!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST