BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Track Chat Thread

Since all of the track event threads during into chats... I took Brian's idea and made this thread
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
tightie's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
5,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 F80 YMB M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: los angeles, california.

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.95]
Nice.. lets start this off nicely..

Everyone come out to BIG WILLOW On FRIDAY!
__________________
15 YMB F80 M3 | iND Painted Front Reflectors, Painted Side Marker Set, Rear Painted Emblem & Front Grill Surround| KW 3 Way Clubsport | Gintani Downpipes | Macht Schnell Stud Conversion Kit | JB4 | Too many wheels to list
*Track Day: December 19 @ Willow Springs Raceway
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

^Ahahaha, Josh is psyched for his "Big" Willow event (pun intended )!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Hey Sean, do you only run ExtremeSpeed? Or do you run other groups too? Curious, since I've only run ExtremeSpeed and Speedventures so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
m3heaven
Captain
m3heaven's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
841
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AW M4 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles/New York City

iTrader: (8)

This is going to be an exciting thread
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3heaven View Post
This is going to be an exciting thread
....or a thread filled with homosexual references and trolling like off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Ahh, I don't think it matters. Chats hardly stay 'on topic' anyways. :P
And that's why it's chat.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
OC3
Havin' a blast!
OC3's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
4,819
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Nice place you have here.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
m3heaven
Captain
m3heaven's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
841
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AW M4 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles/New York City

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
....or a thread filled with homosexual references and trolling like off-topic.
That's what I meant by exciting
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3heaven View Post
That's what I meant by exciting
You get excited by homosexual references?

Let's all guess James' next mod: Voltex rear wing, Challenge front lip/splitter, and Varis diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #10
OC3
Havin' a blast!
OC3's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
4,819
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

4.4L stroker motor!
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
4.4L stroker motor!
Super is cheaper, and ESS has been pretty reliable so far, from what I've seen. He could do all his aero and his super for the price of a stroker.

....I want a super. I've aimed for suspension and brake work, but a super might have just been more fun. Oh well.

So....

A) To sell my KW CS and get a different suspension setup....
B) Keep KW CS, use as is.
C) Keep KW CS, replace springs with Swift.

Last edited by LateBraking; 06-02-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
OC3
Havin' a blast!
OC3's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
4,819
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Think I'll go on a different route, then. On my future/yet-purchased 08 M3 track car, may be I'll put in S85 V10.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Hey Sean, do you only run ExtremeSpeed? Or do you run other groups too? Curious, since I've only run ExtremeSpeed and Speedventures so far.
I have only run them but I'm down to run whatever!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I have only run them but I'm down to run whatever!
More like I'm curious as to who else runs good, safe, entertaining track events down in SoCal.

I REALLY want to go run a famous track like Laguna Seca. SpeedVentures is running that this month, anyone else interested in going on a pilgrimage to NorCal?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
xchosun1x
FNG
xchosun1x's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Nice.. lets start this off nicely..

Everyone come out to BIG WILLOW On FRIDAY!
i'll be there too...c'mon guys

take a day off work or school and enjoy a nice day of racing!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
xchosun1x
FNG
xchosun1x's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
You get excited by homosexual references?

Let's all guess James' next mod: Voltex rear wing, Challenge front lip/splitter, and Varis diffuser?
HAHHAHAHA
wtf

u guys are funny
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
HAHHAHAHA
wtf

u guys are funny
We try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
i'll be there too...c'mon guys

take a day off work or school and enjoy a nice day of racing!
I want to, even considered it, but I've been taking off too many days due to band adjustments and stuff. That, plus the days I missed from Mfest, and for surgery....my boss would be pretty pissed if I asked for a leisure day off. Can't even pass it off as a band adjustment, since I would be tracking on the 10th, and then getting my band actually adjusted the 17th.

By the way, come back m3heaven, I was only kidding....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
xchosun1x
FNG
xchosun1x's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
We try.



I want to, even considered it, but I've been taking off too many days due to band adjustments and stuff. That, plus the days I missed from Mfest, and for surgery....my boss would be pretty pissed if I asked for a leisure day off. Can't even pass it off as a band adjustment, since I would be tracking on the 10th, and then getting my band actually adjusted the 17th.
how about ur dog died?

you have pink eye?

stomach flu?

i can go on =)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
how about ur dog died?

you have pink eye?

stomach flu?

i can go on =)
James attempted vehicular manslauter on me and as a result, I have a broken leg, breast cancer, and a hiatal hernia, so I have to go to Willow Springs International Raceway to recuperate.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #20
xchosun1x
FNG
xchosun1x's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
James attempted vehicular manslauter on me and as a result, I have a broken leg, breast cancer, and a hiatal hernia, so I have to go to Willow Springs International Raceway to recuperate.
thats the way to do it!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #21
xchosun1x
FNG
xchosun1x's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
More like I'm curious as to who else runs good, safe, entertaining track events down in SoCal.

I REALLY want to go run a famous track like Laguna Seca. SpeedVentures is running that this month, anyone else interested in going on a pilgrimage to NorCal?
hey guys,

a few friends and I are planning a trip to Laguna Seca for somewhat soon ( in a few months)

If you guys are interested let me know
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
xchosun1x
FNG
xchosun1x's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Super is cheaper, and ESS has been pretty reliable so far, from what I've seen. He could do all his aero and his super for the price of a stroker.

....I want a super. I've aimed for suspension and brake work, but a super might have just been more fun. Oh well.

So....

A) To sell my KW CS and get a different suspension setup....
B) Keep KW CS, use as is.
C) Keep KW CS, replace springs with Swift.
Brain...

I say keep the CS as is. as you get faster, replace the springs
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST