BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #23
Night Hawk
USAF/ Veteran/ F-16 Crew Chief
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 E92 MR M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Night Hawk Send a message via Yahoo to Night Hawk
*update*

The car is airing out quite nicely as I leave the doors and trunk open in my garage every night and when I drive, I have all of my windows down. The smell is dissipating but there is slight and faint smell of paint thinner; a considerable amount of smell still in the trunk area. I have sniffed my trunk mat all around to see if there was any particular spots that have a higher concentrated area where the smell is emitting from but I can't find any. I have also looked at my trunk lining and pulled it up and can not find any spots indicating any seepage. I am remaining professional and open to certain views on this as I am aware of the damage, if any was caused. I am for one, with a couple of people here on this and do feel like it doesn't warrant going ballistic and demanding a new car, I feel the damage does not warrant such action. I just want the affected areas/carpet replaced if need be. I definitely will take it in on Monday if the smell hasn't subsided or dissipated any further than what it already is and feel that I might take it in anyway to get it out of my air condition system. Thank you all for the advice and help. I greatly appreciate it whether be it positive or negative.

- Greg Professional Table Flipper
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #24
Enzo08
M Driver
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 M3

I think you are handling this extremely well. Keeping the emotion out of it and the professionalism in it will most likely provide the best result.

I do agree with many who have posted in the sense I do not take my vehicle in to the shop unless I absolutely have to.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #25
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

I was laughing at those who posted demanding a new car. They'd also get laughed at even by lawyers .

Anyway, that's good to know OP. You can start putting a deodorizer (those on a jar, so nothing gets stained) inside the trunk. The smell inside the car will dissipate soon. When I had my unfortunate accident, my car smelled like that (paint and thinner) and thought it'd never smell like new again, but it does now. Just make sure to check the compartment where the goop goes, and amp, etc. But sounds like it was just superficial.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #26
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
I am no surprised. Just because it's a dealership, that doesn't mean they are professional.
Appreciate 0