BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

Velos Designwerks

05-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
HifiSyd
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Question How to rip/play HD Movies to Android Tablet??

Hello everyone.
I'm quite new to the world of tablet pcs and ripping movies. I recently purchased an Acer Iconia tablet running Android 3.0 (Honeycomb).

In addition to basic internet/email tasks, I understand this tablet can play HD movies which would come in quite hand for my 5yr old during road trips.

My problem is, I don't know how to transfer blu rays or digital copies on to this tablet. I've already got an Asus external Blu Ray drive and a large collection of Blu Rays, some of which came with digital copies. The Iconia has a micro SD slot and I've got a 16GB micro SD card, so I can use that as well. Just not sure where to begin. Do I need to buy some $50 software like Pavtube or Foxreal? Or should I already be able to do this with the stuff I already have (like iTunes)? All my home PCs/laptops are running Windows 7. Sorry for the newb question and thanks in advance for all your input!
HifiSyd is offline   United_States
      05-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin

Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

1. Get a USB Flash reader if you don't have a slot in your PC that you can slide your SD card into.
2. Download uTorrent.
3. Download any bluray/hd movies/tv shows you want from PirateBay.org.
4. Transfer files to SD card.
5. Enjoy.
      05-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
HifiSyd
Enlisted Member

Thanks for the info, Doug! I'll give this a shot. Any ideas on how to transfer existing blu rays (or digital copies)? or does utorrent pretty much make that a moot point? (Next dumb question... hypothetically of course... I assume downloading any copyrighted content is illegal?) If so, any good legal options?

Last edited by HifiSyd; 05-31-2011 at 01:37 PM.
      05-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin

Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by HifiSyd View Post
Thanks for the info, Doug! I'll give this a shot. Any ideas on how to transfer existing blu rays (or digital copies)? or does utorrent pretty much make that a moot point? (Next dumb question... hypothetically of course... I assume downloading any copyrighted content is illegal?) If so, any good legal options?
Can I assume the digital copies are provided on the bluray discs you bought? If so just pop them into your PC (assuming you have a bluray drive) and then you should be able to extract the files to wherever you like. My guess is you don't have a bluray compatible drive and the solution to this would be some sort of pain in the ass procedure, when you could just easily use uTorrent.

Yeah it's illegal, but do you really care? I know I couldn't give two shits, especially if you already own the DVD. Why would you spend $20 on a bluray that you are just going to watch once or twice, when the option of simply downloading the digital file with one click and then transferring it to your tablet is free? And this way you can also watch TV shows without commercials.

If you want to be a goody-two-shoes then be my guest, but it's just hurting your wallet and enjoyment of your new tablet. With that said, I don't know of any legal options, Netflix maybe? If you do want to be a goody-two-shoes but still want to get the digital files (without feeling like you're stealing), then just buy the real DVDs and then download digital copies from torrents...or better yet donate the money you would've spent on the DVDs to starving children that could actually use it and download the digital copies anyway.
      05-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
HifiSyd
Enlisted Member

Thanks again for the info! I do have an external blu ray drive so I'll experiment sometime later this week. Sounds like utorrent is worth checking out as well.