BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source

10-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
miamie92m3
Private First Class

Drives: M3

Angry Problems with Dealer..... And Dinan Springs

Well i took my e92 m3 a week ago to a dealer in South Florida (that shall remain nameless for right now). I asked for an alignment and balance. Please note I have Dinan Stage 1 suspension and they already knew this. They in fact had aligned the car 1 year ago. The car is not a daily driver and is babied. 1 day after dropping the car off they called me to tell me that the car will not align properly on the left rear wheel within specs. The specs I gave them were Dinan specs as I did last time. They mentioned that the left rear wheel will not even align to factory specs. I showed up at the dealer and walked to the back bay and spoke with the tech and advisor who I tip generously every time i go there. They kept insinuating that I had crashed the car or hit a huge pothole. This never happened. the only person other than me that has driven this car is them and i told them that. They said we think its 100% the wheel carrier and it will be $2100 to fix. I was furious. They said this part is never warrantied even without aftermarket springs. 2 days ago they called me and said they replaced the part but the wheel will still not align within specs. So they said they are going to try replacing the control arm. I'm now being told that its a trial and error process at this point and whether or not the parts fix it i will still get charged for the labor. I'm totally perplexed by the treatment im receiving here. I never ever did anything to the car and never so much as even went over a speed bump going more than 2 mph. They even said it themselves that its not due to the springs. Seems like me they are just trying to stick me with a bill.
miamie92m3 is offline   United_States
      10-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
llis
octane chick

Drives: Ms

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2002 BMW 530i (fs)  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Did you note your mileage when dropping off?

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
llis is offline   United_States
      10-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
rzm3

Drives: E92 M3

Of course your wheel carrier is warrantied.

Take it to another dealer. Call BMW and give them a review. If you receive a survey from your SA, make sure you have your voice heard.

Based on my experience in Houston, dealers/BMWNA do care about your service experience now (they have financial incentive to do so). The way you've been treated is quite unacceptable.
      10-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

typical stealership antics here... i mean cum on, trial n error?? HAH! gmafb.
they're obviously try'n 2 stick u w/ a bill. smh
plus they've got sum nerve 2 be treat'n u this way, especially since u always look out 4 them

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Did you note your mileage when dropping off?
+1

"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
      10-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming

Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2

Don't hesitate to call BMW North America and start freaking out! I had a similar situation with my M6s' oil cooler. The dealer tried to tell me I "crashed" the car and broke the cooler (not at all the case). I got BMW NA involved and had my car fixed at no charge in one day.
Raptor251 is offline   United_States
      10-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Def something not right here. I would def get it to another dealer stat.
      10-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
xiliy
Lieutenant

Drives: Ride BMC

Run from them, take your car eslewhere and call your credit card to dispute charges.
xiliy is offline   United_States
      10-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
BMWKid39
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Don't go to the dealer anymore...waste of time. Go to a place that deals performance cars.

Dealers never know anything. It's all done by the book. If you're off a little, they don't know wtf to do!
      10-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
NFAM3
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 M3

Take it to Alignment Factory. I actually have to take my car there soon as well. I've heard nothing but good things about them and they aren't expensive. Even Active and Wheels Boutique told me to take it to them.
      10-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
MilehighM3
Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

What angle won't come into spec? Camber or toe? What is the current spec and what is the desired? IF the wheel carrier (knuckle) was causing the angle not to come into spec, it's because it's bent. That's the only reason it wouldn't be covered. Like a broken windshield, curbed wheel etc. find out what angle(s) are not coming into the desired range and let's start from there. Forget all the stealership talk, that's the typical term used by those who can't afford to take their cars in and clearly over reached when they purchase their cars used....