BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
TLCanada
Private First Class
TLCanada's Avatar
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gta

iTrader: (0)

Wife 80% on getting M3 4 herself

So my wife is thinking of buying a M3. she has a 350z 6mt and loves it.Actually the first woman in Canada to own one when she bought it. The issue is we are attempting to start a family which if happened will make 350z 2 seater pointless 4 a few years. Her biggest problem with the M3 is it doesn't stand out. Most ppl at a glance wouldn't even take a 2nd look, thinking its a regular 3 series or 335i (like mine) she wants a little more uniqueness like atleast a bright fun colour other than white/blk/gry. And because we r buying used AND in Canada...Colour choice is scarce. So any ideas to help her love her new car. I KNOW she will cry leaving her Z. but what other choice do we have? Is there any real reason for her to keep the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

A 350z stands out?

Her car is getting old, reality is she is going to need a new car eventually (especially if you are going to start a family).

She is either going to like the M3 or not. If not, move on and find something else.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
TailHappyM3
Lieutenant
Canada
15
Rep
534
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

I think this guy is a troll. The same post all the time about wife wants M3. He wants the M3!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530773

What rates! BMW never offers good rates on used M3.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
TLCanada
Private First Class
TLCanada's Avatar
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azorean View Post
I think this guy is a troll. The same post all the time about wife wants M3. He wants the M3!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530773

What rates! BMW never offers good rates on used M3.
ummm bmw does offer good rates considering the car... 5.9 now for preowned is decent..last year it was about 3.9.. Her Z was 8.5 LEASED when first released. So yeah i will ask and search for ideas to find the right M3 for the wife...Move on?? to what?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
TLCanada
Private First Class
TLCanada's Avatar
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
A 350z stands out?

Her car is getting old, reality is she is going to need a new car eventually (especially if you are going to start a family).

She is either going to like the M3 or not. If not, move on and find something else.
She knows its getting old, and there are many of them..and the prices have come down so anyone can get one and join the fast and furious bunch.. which she is not interested. The issue is not the M3 so much as giving up HER car..As her husband I just want her happy. I think the M3 will satisfy both the sportscar feel AND family obligations
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
3,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
Her biggest problem with the M3 is it doesn't stand out. Most ppl at a glance wouldn't even take a 2nd look, thinking its a regular 3 series or 335i (like mine) she wants a little more uniqueness like atleast a bright fun colour other than white/blk/gry.
You're kidding right? The M3 stands out way more than a 350/370Z. I don't own an M3 because it stands out... I actually don't like the attention the car gets (I'd rather be lower key due to my clients noticing it)... but it gets WAY more attention than anything else I have owned. That's actually the only downside of the M3 IMO. If she is looking for uniqueness and "getting 2nd looks" then she made a bad choice getting a 350Z and the M3 would be a huge upgrade. However, if she wants a car to get attention, buy a new Camaro and paint it bright pink and save $40K... why would anyone buy an M3 to get "2nd looks"? Seems like a huge waste of money for the sake of vanity.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
ns2000x
Converted
ns2000x's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
907
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
You're kidding right? The M3 stands out way more than a 350/370Z. I don't own an M3 because it stands out... I actually don't like the attention the car gets (I'd rather be lower key due to my clients noticing it)... but it gets WAY more attention than anything else I have owned. That's actually the only downside of the M3 IMO. If she is looking for uniqueness and "getting 2nd looks" then she made a bad choice getting a 350Z and the M3 would be a huge upgrade. However, if she wants a car to get attention, buy a new Camaro and paint it bright pink and save $40K... why would anyone buy an M3 to get "2nd looks"? Seems like a huge waste of money for the sake of vanity.
I don't know Heath, I'm pretty vain, that's why I got my windows tinted, so people could see...wait, can't see me....um.

Damn.

I've made a terrible mistake.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
TLCanada
Private First Class
TLCanada's Avatar
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
You're kidding right? The M3 stands out way more than a 350/370Z. I don't own an M3 because it stands out... I actually don't like the attention the car gets (I'd rather be lower key due to my clients noticing it)... but it gets WAY more attention than anything else I have owned. That's actually the only downside of the M3 IMO. If she is looking for uniqueness and "getting 2nd looks" then she made a bad choice getting a 350Z and the M3 would be a huge upgrade. However, if she wants a car to get attention, buy a new Camaro and paint it bright pink and save $40K... why would anyone buy an M3 to get "2nd looks"? Seems like a huge waste of money for the sake of vanity.
Do u even read? who said wanting 2nd looks? i said its not as unique COSMETICLY compared to the other 3 series line up. especially those with a M package. If you read you MAY understand that part of the issue was how to make the M3 more unique or another way of saying it would be how to make it more individual..u can say what you want about the Z but there was Never a lack of color choice and it was never confused for any other car...Fact is Majority of Canadians are very conservative when it comes to color choices.... especially BMW's... So when looking 4 a M3 choice is limited UNLESS u pay for the individual colours....hope this clears it up
AGAIN
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
ns2000x
Converted
ns2000x's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
907
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
So my wife is thinking of buying a M3. she has a 350z 6mt and loves it.Actually the first woman in Canada to own one when she bought it. The issue is we are attempting to start a family which if happened will make 350z 2 seater pointless 4 a few years. Her biggest problem with the M3 is it doesn't stand out. Most ppl at a glance wouldn't even take a 2nd look, thinking its a regular 3 series or 335i (like mine) she wants a little more uniqueness like atleast a bright fun colour other than white/blk/gry. And because we r buying used AND in Canada...Colour choice is scarce. So any ideas to help her love her new car. I KNOW she will cry leaving her Z. but what other choice do we have? Is there any real reason for her to keep the car?
Hi OP,
Might I suggest your wife takes a look around for a Sprint Blue S4. I'm not sure how many are on the pre-owned market yet, but the B8 S4 is a great car, faster than your wife's 350Z and in Sprint Blue will stand out like a sore thumb.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=16



If she already put an offer in on a IB M3 what's the point of this and the other thread? Um, just enjoy the car - better still keep the 350z too as its not likely worth that much anyways
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
3,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
Do u even read? who said wanting 2nd looks? i said its not as unique COSMETICLY compared to the other 3 series line up. especially those with a M package. If you read you MAY understand that part of the issue was how to make the M3 more unique or another way of saying it would be how to make it more individual..u can say what you want about the Z but there was Never a lack of color choice and it was never confused for any other car...Fact is Majority of Canadians are very conservative when it comes to color choices.... especially BMW's... So when looking 4 a M3 choice is limited UNLESS u pay for the individual colours....hope this clears it up
AGAIN
Yeah... I can read... let me re-quote you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
Her biggest problem with the M3 is it doesn't stand out. Most ppl at a glance wouldn't even take a 2nd look, thinking its a regular 3 series or 335i (like mine) she wants a little more uniqueness
I'm thinking I read it just fine... if you are concerned that no one would recognize it as different than a regular 3 series and, therefore, wouldn't give it a second look, I interpret that to mean getting 2nd looks and the related attention was important to your spouse... having said that, if I interpreted what you said as she "wanted 2nd looks" and that isn't what you meant... my bad. Bottom line is if she isn't happy with the look of the M3 and the actual substance of the car isn't enough to sway her... maybe she should look for something different.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
3,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
I don't know Heath, I'm pretty vain, that's why I got my windows tinted, so people could see...wait, can't see me....um.

Damn.

I've made a terrible mistake.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
ns2000x
Converted
ns2000x's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
907
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
Do u even read? who said wanting 2nd looks? i said its not as unique COSMETICLY compared to the other 3 series line up. especially those with a M package. If you read you MAY understand that part of the issue was how to make the M3 more unique or another way of saying it would be how to make it more individual..u can say what you want about the Z but there was Never a lack of color choice and it was never confused for any other car...Fact is Majority of Canadians are very conservative when it comes to color choices.... especially BMW's... So when looking 4 a M3 choice is limited UNLESS u pay for the individual colours....hope this clears it up
AGAIN
I think your keyboard must be missing some letters. Must be frustrating typing '4' each time you attempt to write 'for'.

The Z has a unique character as do most two seat sports cars/GT's. If you want something that looks cosmetically different to anything in its family tree and has 4 doors, and seats, why not the R8? (EDIT <- RX8, see my keyboard is missing characters too)

Otherwise, trot over to the modified M3 photo thread and see all types of hideous unique M3's and make someone an offer.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
ns2000x
Converted
ns2000x's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
907
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

No wait.
Forget the pre-owned M3 route.
You will be able to get a 1M Coupe for $53k brand new. Still only two doors, but four seats, throw $500 at it and you can have the Valencia orange paint.
Bingo Bango, your wife will love it. I know mine did when we were in Munich.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #15
TLCanada
Private First Class
TLCanada's Avatar
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gta

iTrader: (0)

Really some people here are true characters..WOW.. Since when did wanting more agressive styling or colour options turn to waiting 2nd looks or wanting a car for style? By some of the post around here people shouldn't change there rims, tint,change exhaust tips, add lip spoilers or anything. I love the new M3 as does my wife.. and she loves my 335i..but i got a red interior because i wanted a little boldness.. but its not easy finding individually in BMW without paying for it.BMW doesn't stray far from the line in terms of style.. which is great 4 resale. As 4 the Z..there is no other nissan model 2 seater to confuse it with..thats why it WAS differnt, but now its still "different" But to mass produced to be unique
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
3,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
No wait.
Forget the pre-owned M3 route.
You will be able to get a 1M Coupe for $53k brand new. Still only two doors, but four seats, throw $500 at it and you can have the Valencia orange paint.
Bingo Bango, your wife will love it. I know mine did when we were in Munich.
Or she could get an AW M3 and put red powder coated wheels on it. Now THAT will be unique... I think there is a picture of one here... I'll find the link...
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #17
ns2000x
Converted
ns2000x's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
907
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Or she could get an AW M3 and put red powder coated wheels on it. Now THAT will be unique... I think there is a picture of one here... I'll find the link...
So not _that_ unique then.

What did they dub that M3, the 'M(GT)3 RS'?
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
ns2000x
Converted
ns2000x's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
907
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
Really some people here are true characters..WOW.. Since when did wanting more agressive styling or colour options turn to waiting 2nd looks or wanting a car for style? By some of the post around here people shouldn't change there rims, tint,change exhaust tips, add lip spoilers or anything. I love the new M3 as does my wife.. and she loves my 335i..but i got a red interior because i wanted a little boldness.. but its not easy finding individually in BMW without paying for it.BMW doesn't stray far from the line in terms of style.. which is great 4 resale. As 4 the Z..there is no other nissan model 2 seater to confuse it with..thats why it WAS differnt, but now its still "different" But to mass produced to be unique
That's what I said.
Ton's of M3's have Fox Red interior, not as bold as your Boston Red, but the same effect.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #19
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
3,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
Really some people here are true characters..WOW.. Since when did wanting more agressive styling or colour options turn to waiting 2nd looks or wanting a car for style? By some of the post around here people shouldn't change there rims, tint,change exhaust tips, add lip spoilers or anything. I love the new M3 as does my wife.. and she loves my 335i..but i got a red interior because i wanted a little boldness.. but its not easy finding individually in BMW without paying for it.BMW doesn't stray far from the line in terms of style.. which is great 4 resale. As 4 the Z..there is no other nissan model 2 seater to confuse it with..thats why it WAS differnt, but now its still "different" But to mass produced to be unique
In fairness, maybe I was being a little bit harsh in my response. The post came across a little "trollish" but it seems as though that's not the case so I apologize for giving you grief. Bottom line is she needs to be happy with her choice... for her own reasons and they may not be the same as mine so who cares what I think.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #20
ns2000x
Converted
ns2000x's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
907
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
In fairness, maybe I was being a little bit harsh in my response. The post came across a little "trollish" but it seems as though that's not the case so I apologize for giving you grief. Bottom line is she needs to be happy with her choice... for her own reasons and they may not be the same as mine but who cares what I think.
Yeah, but she should care what I think, and take a look at the 1M.
Seriously, far more practical than the Z, a hoot by all accounts and every review. Just ignore those of us M3 owners who quip about not an M engine and the like (Cough....Duncan....Cough) all the evidence indicates it is a devastating little coupe, and if your wife drives 6 speed as you say. Perfect.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
TLCanada
Private First Class
TLCanada's Avatar
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=16



If she already put an offer in on a IB M3 what's the point of this and the other thread? Um, just enjoy the car - better still keep the 350z too as its not likely worth that much anyways
we thought to keep it but 4 what? track? nahh M3 or my bike..As for Z worth .. the trade in value offered was actually pretty good..

point of the thread? well just putting the situation out there knowing how much she will initially miss HER car (She really can't use it for a few years when the baby comes) So essentially she is eventually forced out a car she likes). We decided that of all the cars out there to fulfill her driving passion, power passion, style ,appreciation for heritage AND baby capable the M3 was the BEST.. just wished for some more color choice for her apart from grey,blk,white..Also based on her desires I thought I could i would share just incase anyone thought of a different choice.. she still has a few days 2 change her mind
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
TLCanada
Private First Class
TLCanada's Avatar
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
No wait.
Forget the pre-owned M3 route.
You will be able to get a 1M Coupe for $53k brand new. Still only two doors, but four seats, throw $500 at it and you can have the Valencia orange paint.
Bingo Bango, your wife will love it. I know mine did when we were in Munich.
thanks 4 (for) lol, the serious respones now, but as nice as the 1M is, its a 135 with a good tune...Great car But not a M3 Plus she loves the V8 sound...good woman she is...lol, Did I mention the M3 she is thinking of is not to far off the price of the 1m and has less than 30000km.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST