BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

06-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #23
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Judge Nobama's effectiveness at executing his personal agenda by how happy the people are that voted for him...they aren't.
First, if you want to post in a public forum, drop the "Nobama". We're all adults, get rid of the bumper-sticker childishness.

The reason Obama voters aren't happy is as follows:
- he tried to close Guantanamo, repubs shot it down.
- it took a long time to get a watered-down version of healthcare reform, because of repubs.
- the repubs held-up "don't ask, don't tell".
- as predicted, jobs are the last to come back after a recession, and those without jobs are understandably unhappy with the economy.
- the gov't keeps almost shutting down because repubs keep moving the line in the sand for budget compromises.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      06-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #24
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Also, go look up "Secret Holds" and see how they have effected the last 2+ years.
      06-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #25
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I don't know if it is what he meant, but I took it as this is not so dissimilar to what George H.W. Bush did in the first war with Iraq, though Desert Storm was a much bigger operation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Stop trying to phish for personal information, and stop trying to play the refs. We all know the rules here.

When you are wrong about why we went to war in Iraq, just say it instead of crying about it.
Only mfeltiii could tell whether my interpretation for you of his post (because you had indicated you didn't understand) was a correct interpretation. Your trying to make something different out of what I said is trollish. If you have something to discuss, you should participate in discussion, rather than assumption and accusation.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      06-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #26
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Awww, I like Nobama, it says so much in so little space.

Just a second....nope, checked my book of people who get to counsel me and, you're not in it. Sorry.

And do remember your interpretation when dems stay home in droves on election day. Without a miracle, he's dead man walking already. He's a total failure at everything he ran to accomplish and, in the right light, he's looking a lot like Dubya these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
First, if you want to post in a public forum, drop the "Nobama". We're all adults, get rid of the bumper-sticker childishness.

The reason Obama voters aren't happy is as follows:
- he tried to close Guantanamo, repubs shot it down.
- it took a long time to get a watered-down version of healthcare reform, because of repubs.
- the repubs held-up "don't ask, don't tell".
- as predicted, jobs are the last to come back after a recession, and those without jobs are understandably unhappy with the economy.
- the gov't keeps almost shutting down because repubs keep moving the line in the sand for budget compromises.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      06-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #27
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
And do remember your interpretation when dems stay home in droves on election day. Without a miracle, he's dead man walking already. He's a total failure at everything he ran to accomplish
Regarding "Nobama", I'm not "counseling" you - your breaking forum rules, so if you you want to be out, keep it up.

Your scenario is completely out of touch with what's actually going on in this country. There is not one strong candidate slated to run against him, ask anyone, turn on a TV, hell even Fox news agrees. I don't know what alternative universe you're living in.

What did Obama fail at? Recession's been over for a year, stock market's up 100%, corporations are healthy, stimulus loans have been paid back, operations in Iraq are over, Bin-laden's dead, Afghanistan's on a timetable, a measure of healthcare reform has been implemented, we are respected in the world.

I realize you can't stand the guy - I'm fairly certain I know why, but it's not my place to say. But that doesn't mean he's a failure because you don't like him.
      06-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #28
1997gtx
Lieutenant

Drives: 08 328xi | 08 S5 | 02 S4

Quote:
If that's your best guess it is uninformed and a low speed attempt at a comeback retort. Not successful.

Judge Nobama's effectiveness at executing his personal agenda by how happy the people are that voted for him...they aren't.

Clue--President Bush is no longer in office. I know you miss him but the nation's miseries belong to you know who. But he's already been derailed by changes in the congress and very soon the rest will get fixed.
1 - If that guess was uninformed, then either your quote "..and he's not good enough to get the job done. Hell, he and his team can't even execute what he wants to do, much less design, execute and sustain the actions necessary to secure this country" was wrong, or you don't give Obama credit for killing Bin Laden. Because killing Bin Laden, by even the most stringent of right-wing haters, was a monumental foreign policy achievement. So, if you don't think it was, then my assertion was not uniformed. And if my comment was uniformed, then you're admitting that the above quote is wrong. So, which is it?

2 - That's how we judge his effectiveness? You think this country is in the place that even HE wants it to be? HAH! If he could have gotten his whole agenda through Congress with no objections, amendments, etc, THEN we can judge the regret. The only thing I regret is not having a different Congress to work with. I don't blame this President.

3 - This is what you don't understand. Bringing GWB into this conversation is INCREDIBLY relevant, since we're discussing Libya versus other "wars" and "incursions." The "Nation's misery"? How miserable of a person are you. I don't think this country is miserable.

I think those that are miserable are just the loudest screamers.
      06-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #29
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
Regarding "Nobama", I'm not "counseling" you - your breaking forum rules, so if you you want to be out, keep it up.

Which rule exactly? BTW it's you're, not your.

Your scenario is completely out of touch with what's actually going on in this country. There is not one strong candidate slated to run against him, ask anyone, turn on a TV, hell even Fox news agrees. I don't know what alternative universe you're living in.

What did Obama fail at? Recession's been over for a year, stock market's up 100%, corporations are healthy, stimulus loans have been paid back, operations in Iraq are over, Bin-laden's dead, Afghanistan's on a timetable, a measure of healthcare reform has been implemented, we are respected in the world.

Now this assessment of the economy and our standing in the world is truly beyond delusional, you are simply and totally uniformed. Have you read a newspaper in the last couple of weeks? Ever? You are a laughably partisan sychophant.

I realize you can't stand the guy - I'm fairly certain I know why, but it's not my place to say. But that doesn't mean he's a failure because you don't like him.

Oooooo, what are you saying? A mighty ham-handed implication methinks. C'mon, you don't have to stay a lightweight douche forever. Pull up your big girl shorts and be clear. Why exactly can I not stand him?

Just remember our mutual prognostications come election day. That high-energy voting constituency is understandably disappointed and will not show for the big day.

Of course the extreme right candidate will screw up the republicans too but that is another story for another day.
      06-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #30
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Now this assessment of the economy and our standing in the world is truly beyond delusional, you are simply and totally uniformed. Have you read a newspaper in the last couple of weeks? Ever? You are a laughably partisan sychophant.
Why exactly can I not stand him?
Why don't you drop the insults, and actually provide one iota of substance? Tell me what is untrue?
1) Recession's been over for a year: actually 2 years,
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...ays-2010-09-20
2) Stock market's up 100%,
http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/09/mark...york/index.htm
3) Stimulus (bailout) loans have been paid back - they are well on their way, I never said or implied they were all paid back,
http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/main/summary

The rest is self-evident. You are just one nasty, angry dude. I deserve an apology, but I know I'll never get one.

By the way, you also never said why you can't stand Obama.
      06-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #31
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Your "feelings" about the economy are mind-boggling. National debt is in a runaway impacting everything. Unemployment and the permanently discouraged are not improving at all and at near all time highs. Sneak inflation creeping in for food and gas, credit still not loose for small businesses, world trying to walk away from the dollar, the last economic forecasts (last week) are horrid and virtually everyone agrees a double-dip recession is possible if not imminent. You must be insulated in some way from conditions because the working man and woman that I know think things stink.

As to the small stuff, focus, just focus. I'll help....

-You said you know why I "can't stand Obama".
-I want to know what you mean or what you were implying.

BTW--don't think I ever actually said I "can't stand Obama" so you are starting in a deep hole. And you made a nasty implication that you are trying to crab away from now.

Don't flatter yourself, you don't matter enough to make me angry.

If you can't stand behind your words perhaps you should just ignore me.

Quote:
Why don't you drop the insults, and actually provide one iota of substance? Tell me what is untrue?
1) Recession's been over for a year: actually 2 years,
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...ays-2010-09-20
2) Stock market's up 100%,
http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/09/mark...york/index.htm
3) Stimulus (bailout) loans have been paid back - they are well on their way, I never said or implied they were all paid back,
http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/main/summary

The rest is self-evident. You are just one nasty, angry dude. I deserve an apology, but I know I'll never get one.

By the way, you also never said why you can't stand Obama.
      06-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #32
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Quote:
Nobama's not good enough to execute that option.
Quote:
We should refer the the U.S. of America instead as Obamanation. Even Obamanation voters who liked Obama in 2008 are questioning their blind support.
      06-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Your "feelings" about the economy are mind-boggling. National debt is in a runaway impacting everything. Unemployment and the permanently discouraged are not improving at all and at near all time highs. Sneak inflation creeping in for food and gas, credit still not loose for small businesses, world trying to walk away from the dollar, the last economic forecasts (last week) are horrid and virtually everyone agrees a double-dip recession is possible if not imminent. You must be insulated in some way from conditions because the working man and woman that I know think things stink.

As to the small stuff, focus, just focus. I'll help....

-You said you know why I "can't stand Obama".
-I want to know what you mean or what you were implying.

BTW--don't think I ever actually said I "can't stand Obama" so you are starting in a deep hole. And you made a nasty implication that you are trying to crab away from now.

Don't flatter yourself, you don't matter enough to make me angry.

If you can't stand behind your words perhaps you should just ignore me.
You're really an angry, wound-up guy. Yes, you said you can't stand Obama, as did several others, but none of you say why.

You mocked my statements on the economy, so I responded with links to legitimate news to back it up, and now you say I can't stand behind my words, and I talk about my "feelings". You're just not making sense.

National debt has been a problem for decades. Spending trillions on a misguided war in Iraq, and sending "stimulus checks" to individuals didn't help. As for the present situation, the actions taken got us out of the recession. Everyone knows that jobs are the last to pickup after a recession, and the rate is now under 9%. Most of the other stuff you stated about the economy is your own hyperbolic opinion, and no, everyone's not saying those things. Just like your skewed perspective on Obama's reelection stats - there isn't an opposing candidate that comes close.

I don't wish to debate with you anymore. You make crazy statements about "flattering myself" and "I don't matter enough" that indicate you can't have a rational discussion. I'm not your kid, or your ex-wife, I don't need to be depricated in a BMW forum.
      06-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #34
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
We should refer the the U.S. of America instead as Obamanation. Even Obamanation voters who liked Obama in 2008 are questioning their blind support.
So when we vote, we're so stupid and ignorant, we offer "blind support". But your vote is thoughtful. Go f*ck yourself.
      06-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #35
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I'm not your kid, or your ex-wife, I don't need to be depricated in a BMW forum.
Is that like having your wanger cut off?
      06-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #36
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
So when we vote, we're so stupid and ignorant, we offer "blind support". But your vote is thoughtful. Go f*ck yourself.
Yup. You were hypnotized. I cannot be hypnotized.
      06-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #37
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Yup. You were hypnotized. I cannot be hypnotized.
I'm a democrat, you dope. I think your philosophy sucks, you think mine sucks. Deal with it. That's democracy, the American way. Claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow stupid, fucked-up, or otherwise not in control of their thoughts indicates that you have some sort of developmental problem, as you are not acting as a rational adult.
      06-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #38
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
...you dope. I think your philosophy sucks, you think mine sucks. Deal with it. That's democracy, the American way. Claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow stupid, fucked-up, or otherwise not in control of their thoughts indicates that you have some sort of developmental problem, as you are not acting as a rational adult.
Shall we keep this quote around to use in reply to you and some of those with whom you corroborate in these forums? It more easily would apply to your side than mine.

Southlight has gone easy on us in these weeks. I remember the time I was banned for a month just for asking a question whether the guy was a homosexual, or a pedophile as well.
      06-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #39
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
It more easily would apply to your side than mine.
Don't agree with you on that either. This passive-agressive tone of yours is unproductive.
      06-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #40
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
You seem to be suffering from a delusional view of history... Get a clue.
Quote:
...you dope. I think your philosophy sucks, you think mine sucks. Deal with it. That's democracy, the American way. Claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow stupid, fucked-up, or otherwise not in control of their thoughts indicates that you have some sort of developmental problem, as you are not acting as a rational adult.
      06-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #41
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Awww, I like Nobama, it says so much in so little space.

Just a second....nope, checked my book of people who get to counsel me and, you're not in it. Sorry.

And do remember your interpretation when dems stay home in droves on election day. Without a miracle, he's dead man walking already. He's a total failure at everything he ran to accomplish and, in the right light, he's looking a lot like Dubya these days.
Quote:

Quote:
      06-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #42
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I'm a democrat, you dope. I think your philosophy sucks, you think mine sucks. Deal with it. That's democracy, the American way. Claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow stupid, fucked-up, or otherwise not in control of their thoughts indicates that you have some sort of developmental problem, as you are not acting as a rational adult.
Quote:
      06-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #43
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Don't agree with you on that either. This passive-agressive tone of yours is unproductive.
I wanted to respond to you on this, and thought it might be best to find an explanation of passive-agressive to reference.

link

I see myself as fitting more the description of assertive. There is some degree of passive-agressive, and to a lesser extent aggressive. I don't think passive would fit in my description.

There are a couple people in these political forums that fit the aggressive description. How do you characterize yourself?
      06-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #44
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Here is a quote from another thread. I think he is passive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I don't get your point. So what about the border of the scan? If they were forging a document I think they'd go to the trouble, to not go to the trouble, of adding things like the green border, that appear 'odd'.

It's been verified that the information on the report is correct. What else is there? Desperately trying to prove that the image displayed to the public isn't accurate as far as borders and design?

I followed this thread loosely for awhile, and I don't get it scotty, you seem to believe that he was born here, but your pressing the issue so damn hard.

Quote:
You have the upper hand on the argument. You are just seeing the effect that they have by shouting you down. It is a tactic that unfortunately tends to work. They insult, ridicule, play dumb as if you are ignorant,and just run you around in circles. This is what they do. It is their nature, or it may be what they are taught to do to fluster their challengers. Don't let it take you off your stride. They just don't want anything of this to undergo real scrutiny.
That sounds manic and crazed, no offense.