BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

European Auto Source

08-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #45
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Quick enough

UPDATE:

More stock now in!

We now also have the fastest read/write process in the industry - so much so you DO NOT NEED A BATTERY CHARGER! We always recommend one but it is no longer an absolute requirement due to the fast write process.

We can tune any M3, even the very latest tuner protected versions. Visit http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/3-ser...-ecu-tune.html to secure a unit today!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #46
THE TECH
United_States
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Not sure if this has ever been asked before, but with your software is it possible now or in the future that you might also be able to code a vehicle with it?
      09-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #47
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Not sure if this has ever been asked before, but with your software is it possible now or in the future that you might also be able to code a vehicle with it?
We are certainly looking into it, but for each vehicle would be substantial amounts of work involved as well as the legalities etc. We are certainly looking at it though.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #48
P@Evolve
Rep

Our 2for1 tune ofer is now avialable here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post10579681

Anyone planning to upgrade their exhaust in the future gets a FREE retune of their software to take their new mods into account.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #49
Sal@Evolve
Rep

Drives: Slow

Update:

Evolve-R Version 1.25 is being released.

Read times for the tuner protected versions is down to approx 30mins.

Write times are 3 mins.

The fastest read/write times in the industry.

Last edited by Sal@Evolve; 12-09-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #50
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow you guys are up to V1.25 now! I need to get a hold of this. I'll be back in town next week, so hopefully we finally get the E90 M3 tuned, hehe.

Thanks for the update.
      12-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #51
Money2536
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: ' 15 M3 | '14 GT3

I bought the tune two weeks ago. The Evolve-R cable came in 5 days. I installed software on Windows 7, using VM Ware on my Mac. I was able to download factory file in a little less than 2 hours on my tuner protected 2011 late last Friday night. I received updated tuned file first thing on Monday morning. It took about 25 minutes to upload the tuned file.

I opted for Cold Start Removal, 93 Octane Tune, 8600 Rev Limit, and CEL removal. All worked immediately on the first start-up.

It's hard to say how much the tune helps in the power department. I only had the x-pipe on for two days before tuning the car.

I would highly recommend this tune. I chose these guys because the own an in-house dino and e92 M3.
My Garage Journal
My YouTube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #52
swhat
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '11 MW E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
Update:

Evolve-R Version 1.25 is being released.

Read times for the tuner protected versions is down to approx 30mins.

Write times are 3 mins.

The fastest read/write times in the industry.
I just ordered mine a week ago, how do I know what version I have?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #53
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
I bought the tune two weeks ago. The Evolve-R cable came in 5 days. I installed software on Windows 7, using VM Ware on my Mac. I was able to download factory file in a little less than 2 hours on my tuner protected 2011 late last Friday night. I received updated tuned file first thing on Monday morning. It took about 25 minutes to upload the tuned file.

I opted for Cold Start Removal, 93 Octane Tune, 8600 Rev Limit, and CEL removal. All worked immediately on the first start-up.

It's hard to say how much the tune helps in the power department. I only had the x-pipe on for two days before tuning the car.

I would highly recommend this tune. I chose these guys because the own an in-house dino and e92 M3.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhat View Post
I just ordered mine a week ago, how do I know what version I have?
It will tell you when you launch the software at the top left of the window
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #54
swhat
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '11 MW E92

I just flash my ECU and have been driving around for 3 hours. Definitely worth the money. The drone/power dip with the akra is basically gone. The system send more quite, which is what I wanted. The car is a lot smoother. Thanks you to all the guys at evolve for the awesome product.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #55
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhat View Post
I just flash my ECU and have been driving around for 3 hours. Definitely worth the money. The drone/power dip with the akra is basically gone. The system send more quite, which is what I wanted. The car is a lot smoother. Thanks you to all the guys at evolve for the awesome product.
Thanks for the review! Glad your enjoying the tune
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 04:24 AM   #56
EliseRR
Private First Class
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 11 MB E350, 01 Ferrari 360 F1

Paul, just wanna share with you my 3-day, ~70 mile, experience with Evolve Tune + Dinan exhaust and fabspeed x-pipe. It is so smooth and power comes out immediately. Even tought I did not floor the car yet but from 3k - 6k without going to M mode, it feels like a different car now. After 50 miles, the car quiets down a little and it sounds pretty good now. Very happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 05:00 AM   #57
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseRR View Post
Paul, just wanna share with you my 3-day, ~70 mile, experience with Evolve Tune + Dinan exhaust and fabspeed x-pipe. It is so smooth and power comes out immediately. Even tought I did not floor the car yet but from 3k - 6k without going to M mode, it feels like a different car now. After 50 miles, the car quiets down a little and it sounds pretty good now. Very happy with it.
Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #58
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Hey Paul,

Do you have a working link for all of the options that you can tune and/or adjust? The following link is broken.

http://www.evolvetuning.us/the-evolver.html
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #59
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Hey Paul,

Do you have a working link for all of the options that you can tune and/or adjust? The following link is broken.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

E9X ECU Tune

The evolve-R
      12-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #60
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post

E9X ECU Tune

The evolve-R
Thanks, flip. I'm basically looking for a list of all options that can be adjusted and/or tuned.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #61
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep

Drives: M3 Saloon

I took advantage of the Cyber-Monday deal from Evolve..., and what a fantastic thing it was. I absolutely love the change in my car.

Ordered it on the Monday, late, shipped Tuesday, and I had my mitts on it Thursday! Took me a day to find time to read my file with the software and -R cable. What a breeze! The read took all of about 3 minutes, and I immediately emailed it off to Paul and Sal with a list of my personal mods, and ALL my tune requests (SES, cold-start, increased red-line, etc). Sal had emailed me a new file within just hours of getting into work in the UK the next morning. AMAZING turnaround! File loading took about 2 minutes!

Throttle response is greatly improved. Car runs SUPER smooth. Additional power/torque is absolutely noticeable. The overall smoothness is noticed mostly when riding around town. Open it up, and it pulls significately harder right over 5000rpm, all the way to redline! It's awesome.

I love the car so much more than I did before. I'm very happy with my purchase. Paul and Sal are a pleasure to work with. I (LOVED) the quick response on every question I had both before, and after purchase.

Thanks guys!

Things I asked for -

RAISE: Rev/RPM limit (8600)
REMOVE: CEL/SES light (catless)
REMOVE: Top speed governor
REMOVE: Cold-start cycle
MODIFY: to include the following factors –
1. X-PIPE – catless (Challenge Race)
2. EXHAUST – Rear-section (Meisterschaft GT)
3. PULLEY – Under-drive (Active Autowerke)
4. AIR FILTER – aftermarket (Macht Schnell)
5. FUEL – 91 octane (mostly 91, occasional 91/100 (=95) blend)
      12-20-2011, 04:23 AM   #62
EliseRR
Private First Class
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 11 MB E350, 01 Ferrari 360 F1

Paul, How come my read time was still over an hour? Writing time is about 5-10 mins. Am I on the latest version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
I took advantage of the Cyber-Monday deal from Evolve..., and what a fantastic thing it was. I absolutely love the change in my car.

Ordered it on the Monday, late, shipped Tuesday, and I had my mitts on it Thursday! Took me a day to find time to read my file with the software and -R cable. What a breeze! The read took all of about 3 minutes, and I immediately emailed it off to Paul and Sal with a list of my personal mods, and ALL my tune requests (SES, cold-start, increased red-line, etc). Sal had emailed me a new file within just hours of getting into work in the UK the next morning. AMAZING turnaround! File loading took about 2 minutes!

Throttle response is greatly improved. Car runs SUPER smooth. Additional power/torque is absolutely noticeable. The overall smoothness is noticed mostly when riding around town. Open it up, and it pulls significately harder right over 5000rpm, all the way to redline! It's awesome.

I love the car so much more than I did before. I'm very happy with my purchase. Paul and Sal are a pleasure to work with. I (LOVED) the quick response on every question I had both before, and after purchase.

Thanks guys!

Things I asked for -

MODIFY: to include the following factors Β–
1. X-PIPE Β– catless (Challenge Race)
2. EXHAUST Β– Rear-section (Meisterschaft GT)
3. PULLEY Β– Under-drive (Active Autowerke)
4. AIR FILTER Β– aftermarket (Macht Schnell)
5. FUEL Β– 91 octane (mostly 91, occasional 91/100 (=95) blend)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #63
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Hey Paul,

Ah - That is an old link, new one is as below

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post

E9X ECU Tune

The evolve-R
Thanks Alex

Quote:
Thanks, flip. I'm basically looking for a list of all options that can be adjusted and/or tuned.
Options for the E9X M3 are:

RPM raise
Top Speed Governor Removal
Cold Start Cycle Removal
CEL Removal (for catless track cars)

We also ask for your modifications as well as octane used and tune the file appropriately.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post

Thanks guys!

Things I asked for -

MODIFY: to include the following factors –
1. X-PIPE – catless (Challenge Race)
2. EXHAUST – Rear-section (Meisterschaft GT)
3. PULLEY – Under-drive (Active Autowerke)
4. AIR FILTER – aftermarket (Macht Schnell)
5. FUEL – 91 octane (mostly 91, occasional 91/100 (=95) blend)
Thanks for the positive comments!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #64
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseRR View Post
Paul, How come my read time was still over an hour? Writing time is about 5-10 mins. Am I on the latest version?
Yep, just depends on which version of ECU you have. Some of the very latest take longer, previous versions are quicker due to less security.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #65
crabman
Captain
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Evolve View Post
We are certainly looking into it, but for each vehicle would be substantial amounts of work involved as well as the legalities etc. We are certainly looking at it though.
I"m not familiar with "Code" a car and a search was no joy. What are we talking about here? Also is this known to be working with MY12s?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #66
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I"m not familiar with "Code" a car and a search was no joy. What are we talking about here? Also is this known to be working with MY12s?
Google search "bmw coding". Essentially, "coding" tells the car what features you have. You can add and remove features and hardware that may not have come with your car. Examples - newer LED taillights on older cars that came without them, add an alarm, add folding mirrors, etc. Likewise, you can tweak settings on the car - say how many times the turn signal blinks, or if the yellow side lights are on when the headlights are on...things like that.

Evolve will have to comment on their software working with 12's, but I believe they are able to handle all ECU versions.
Appreciate 0