BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #45
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

UPDATE:

More stock now in!

We now also have the fastest read/write process in the industry - so much so you DO NOT NEED A BATTERY CHARGER! We always recommend one but it is no longer an absolute requirement due to the fast write process.

We can tune any M3, even the very latest tuner protected versions. Visit http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/3-ser...-ecu-tune.html to secure a unit today!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #46
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Not sure if this has ever been asked before, but with your software is it possible now or in the future that you might also be able to code a vehicle with it?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #47
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Not sure if this has ever been asked before, but with your software is it possible now or in the future that you might also be able to code a vehicle with it?
We are certainly looking into it, but for each vehicle would be substantial amounts of work involved as well as the legalities etc. We are certainly looking at it though.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #48
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Our 2for1 tune ofer is now avialable here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post10579681

Anyone planning to upgrade their exhaust in the future gets a FREE retune of their software to take their new mods into account.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #49
Sal@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
24
Rep
1,063
Posts


 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Update:

Evolve-R Version 1.25 is being released.

Read times for the tuner protected versions is down to approx 30mins.

Write times are 3 mins.

The fastest read/write times in the industry.

Last edited by Sal@Evolve; 12-09-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #50
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
43
Rep
2,788
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow you guys are up to V1.25 now! I need to get a hold of this. I'll be back in town next week, so hopefully we finally get the E90 M3 tuned, hehe.

Thanks for the update.
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #51
Money2536
Major
Money2536's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
1,390
Posts

 
Drives: ' 15 M3 | '14 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Villages, FL

iTrader: (0)

I bought the tune two weeks ago. The Evolve-R cable came in 5 days. I installed software on Windows 7, using VM Ware on my Mac. I was able to download factory file in a little less than 2 hours on my tuner protected 2011 late last Friday night. I received updated tuned file first thing on Monday morning. It took about 25 minutes to upload the tuned file.

I opted for Cold Start Removal, 93 Octane Tune, 8600 Rev Limit, and CEL removal. All worked immediately on the first start-up.

It's hard to say how much the tune helps in the power department. I only had the x-pipe on for two days before tuning the car.

I would highly recommend this tune. I chose these guys because the own an in-house dino and e92 M3.
__________________
2015 Mineral White F80 M3 | Mineral White F80 M3 Journal
2014 Sapphire Blue 911 GT3 | Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal
2014 911 Carrera S (sold) | White 991 C2S Journal
My Garage Journal
My YouTube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #52
swhat
Lieutenant
12
Rep
480
Posts

 
Drives: '11 MW E92
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
Update:

Evolve-R Version 1.25 is being released.

Read times for the tuner protected versions is down to approx 30mins.

Write times are 3 mins.

The fastest read/write times in the industry.
I just ordered mine a week ago, how do I know what version I have?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #53
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
I bought the tune two weeks ago. The Evolve-R cable came in 5 days. I installed software on Windows 7, using VM Ware on my Mac. I was able to download factory file in a little less than 2 hours on my tuner protected 2011 late last Friday night. I received updated tuned file first thing on Monday morning. It took about 25 minutes to upload the tuned file.

I opted for Cold Start Removal, 93 Octane Tune, 8600 Rev Limit, and CEL removal. All worked immediately on the first start-up.

It's hard to say how much the tune helps in the power department. I only had the x-pipe on for two days before tuning the car.

I would highly recommend this tune. I chose these guys because the own an in-house dino and e92 M3.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhat View Post
I just ordered mine a week ago, how do I know what version I have?
It will tell you when you launch the software at the top left of the window
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #54
swhat
Lieutenant
12
Rep
480
Posts

 
Drives: '11 MW E92
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

I just flash my ECU and have been driving around for 3 hours. Definitely worth the money. The drone/power dip with the akra is basically gone. The system send more quite, which is what I wanted. The car is a lot smoother. Thanks you to all the guys at evolve for the awesome product.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #55
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhat View Post
I just flash my ECU and have been driving around for 3 hours. Definitely worth the money. The drone/power dip with the akra is basically gone. The system send more quite, which is what I wanted. The car is a lot smoother. Thanks you to all the guys at evolve for the awesome product.
Thanks for the review! Glad your enjoying the tune
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 04:24 AM   #56
EliseRR
Private First Class
Taiwan
2
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: 11 MB E350, 01 Ferrari 360 F1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (3)

Paul, just wanna share with you my 3-day, ~70 mile, experience with Evolve Tune + Dinan exhaust and fabspeed x-pipe. It is so smooth and power comes out immediately. Even tought I did not floor the car yet but from 3k - 6k without going to M mode, it feels like a different car now. After 50 miles, the car quiets down a little and it sounds pretty good now. Very happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 05:00 AM   #57
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseRR View Post
Paul, just wanna share with you my 3-day, ~70 mile, experience with Evolve Tune + Dinan exhaust and fabspeed x-pipe. It is so smooth and power comes out immediately. Even tought I did not floor the car yet but from 3k - 6k without going to M mode, it feels like a different car now. After 50 miles, the car quiets down a little and it sounds pretty good now. Very happy with it.
Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #58
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
4,092
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Hey Paul,

Do you have a working link for all of the options that you can tune and/or adjust? The following link is broken.

http://www.evolvetuning.us/the-evolver.html
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #59
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
43
Rep
2,788
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Hey Paul,

Do you have a working link for all of the options that you can tune and/or adjust? The following link is broken.

http://www.evolvetuning.us/the-evolver.html
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

E9X ECU Tune

The evolve-R
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #60
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
4,092
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

E9X ECU Tune

The evolve-R
Thanks, flip. I'm basically looking for a list of all options that can be adjusted and/or tuned.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #61
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
REP1KRR's Avatar
25
Rep
1,275
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Saloon
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (8)

I took advantage of the Cyber-Monday deal from Evolve..., and what a fantastic thing it was. I absolutely love the change in my car.

Ordered it on the Monday, late, shipped Tuesday, and I had my mitts on it Thursday! Took me a day to find time to read my file with the software and -R cable. What a breeze! The read took all of about 3 minutes, and I immediately emailed it off to Paul and Sal with a list of my personal mods, and ALL my tune requests (SES, cold-start, increased red-line, etc). Sal had emailed me a new file within just hours of getting into work in the UK the next morning. AMAZING turnaround! File loading took about 2 minutes!

Throttle response is greatly improved. Car runs SUPER smooth. Additional power/torque is absolutely noticeable. The overall smoothness is noticed mostly when riding around town. Open it up, and it pulls significately harder right over 5000rpm, all the way to redline! It's awesome.

I love the car so much more than I did before. I'm very happy with my purchase. Paul and Sal are a pleasure to work with. I (LOVED) the quick response on every question I had both before, and after purchase.

Thanks guys!

Things I asked for -

RAISE: Rev/RPM limit (8600)
REMOVE: CEL/SES light (catless)
REMOVE: Top speed governor
REMOVE: Cold-start cycle
MODIFY: to include the following factors –
1. X-PIPE – catless (Challenge Race)
2. EXHAUST – Rear-section (Meisterschaft GT)
3. PULLEY – Under-drive (Active Autowerke)
4. AIR FILTER – aftermarket (Macht Schnell)
5. FUEL – 91 octane (mostly 91, occasional 91/100 (=95) blend)
__________________
M3 Saloon | VF540 | Klδssen M52-R | Akrapovic | Challenge RACE X | Vorsteiner GTS5 | KarbonWerke CSL | OCTANE SSK | Eibach Pro | M.Benvo-coded
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:23 AM   #62
EliseRR
Private First Class
Taiwan
2
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: 11 MB E350, 01 Ferrari 360 F1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (3)

Paul, How come my read time was still over an hour? Writing time is about 5-10 mins. Am I on the latest version?



Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
I took advantage of the Cyber-Monday deal from Evolve..., and what a fantastic thing it was. I absolutely love the change in my car.

Ordered it on the Monday, late, shipped Tuesday, and I had my mitts on it Thursday! Took me a day to find time to read my file with the software and -R cable. What a breeze! The read took all of about 3 minutes, and I immediately emailed it off to Paul and Sal with a list of my personal mods, and ALL my tune requests (SES, cold-start, increased red-line, etc). Sal had emailed me a new file within just hours of getting into work in the UK the next morning. AMAZING turnaround! File loading took about 2 minutes!

Throttle response is greatly improved. Car runs SUPER smooth. Additional power/torque is absolutely noticeable. The overall smoothness is noticed mostly when riding around town. Open it up, and it pulls significately harder right over 5000rpm, all the way to redline! It's awesome.

I love the car so much more than I did before. I'm very happy with my purchase. Paul and Sal are a pleasure to work with. I (LOVED) the quick response on every question I had both before, and after purchase.

Thanks guys!

Things I asked for -

RAISE: Rev/RPM limit (8600)
REMOVE: CEL/SES light (catless)
REMOVE: Top speed governor
REMOVE: Cold-start cycle
MODIFY: to include the following factors Β–
1. X-PIPE Β– catless (Challenge Race)
2. EXHAUST Β– Rear-section (Meisterschaft GT)
3. PULLEY Β– Under-drive (Active Autowerke)
4. AIR FILTER Β– aftermarket (Macht Schnell)
5. FUEL Β– 91 octane (mostly 91, occasional 91/100 (=95) blend)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #63
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Hey Paul,

Do you have a working link for all of the options that you can tune and/or adjust? The following link is broken.

http://www.evolvetuning.us/the-evolver.html
Ah - That is an old link, new one is as below

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

E9X ECU Tune

The evolve-R
Thanks Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Thanks, flip. I'm basically looking for a list of all options that can be adjusted and/or tuned.
Options for the E9X M3 are:

RPM raise
Top Speed Governor Removal
Cold Start Cycle Removal
CEL Removal (for catless track cars)

We also ask for your modifications as well as octane used and tune the file appropriately.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
I took advantage of the Cyber-Monday deal from Evolve..., and what a fantastic thing it was. I absolutely love the change in my car.

Ordered it on the Monday, late, shipped Tuesday, and I had my mitts on it Thursday! Took me a day to find time to read my file with the software and -R cable. What a breeze! The read took all of about 3 minutes, and I immediately emailed it off to Paul and Sal with a list of my personal mods, and ALL my tune requests (SES, cold-start, increased red-line, etc). Sal had emailed me a new file within just hours of getting into work in the UK the next morning. AMAZING turnaround! File loading took about 2 minutes!

Throttle response is greatly improved. Car runs SUPER smooth. Additional power/torque is absolutely noticeable. The overall smoothness is noticed mostly when riding around town. Open it up, and it pulls significately harder right over 5000rpm, all the way to redline! It's awesome.

I love the car so much more than I did before. I'm very happy with my purchase. Paul and Sal are a pleasure to work with. I (LOVED) the quick response on every question I had both before, and after purchase.

Thanks guys!

Things I asked for -

RAISE: Rev/RPM limit (8600)
REMOVE: CEL/SES light (catless)
REMOVE: Top speed governor
REMOVE: Cold-start cycle
MODIFY: to include the following factors –
1. X-PIPE – catless (Challenge Race)
2. EXHAUST – Rear-section (Meisterschaft GT)
3. PULLEY – Under-drive (Active Autowerke)
4. AIR FILTER – aftermarket (Macht Schnell)
5. FUEL – 91 octane (mostly 91, occasional 91/100 (=95) blend)
Thanks for the positive comments!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #64
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
P@Evolve's Avatar
10
Rep
352
Posts


 
Drives: Quick enough
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseRR View Post
Paul, How come my read time was still over an hour? Writing time is about 5-10 mins. Am I on the latest version?
Yep, just depends on which version of ECU you have. Some of the very latest take longer, previous versions are quicker due to less security.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #65
crabman
Captain
7
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Evolve View Post
We are certainly looking into it, but for each vehicle would be substantial amounts of work involved as well as the legalities etc. We are certainly looking at it though.
I"m not familiar with "Code" a car and a search was no joy. What are we talking about here? Also is this known to be working with MY12s?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #66
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,820
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I"m not familiar with "Code" a car and a search was no joy. What are we talking about here? Also is this known to be working with MY12s?
Google search "bmw coding". Essentially, "coding" tells the car what features you have. You can add and remove features and hardware that may not have come with your car. Examples - newer LED taillights on older cars that came without them, add an alarm, add folding mirrors, etc. Likewise, you can tweak settings on the car - say how many times the turn signal blinks, or if the yellow side lights are on when the headlights are on...things like that.

Evolve will have to comment on their software working with 12's, but I believe they are able to handle all ECU versions.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST