BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

05-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Newt Gingrich

I heard that Newt Gingrich ran for President for 49 hours.

What's up with that guy?

Also heard that Mitt Romney raised $10 million.

Edit: Now that I look for any news on Newt Gingrich dropping out, i don't find it. Maybe the guy who was saying that jumped the gun...

Last edited by scottwww; 05-17-2011 at 06:13 PM.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      05-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

I think what you saw was a reference to one of the TV talking heads saying that Gingrich killed his own run for President by how he was answering some questions in an interview.

Some people thought the TV talking head was actually announcing the official end to Gingrich's campaign, instead of just using colorful language to make a point about how badly Gingrich was doing answering questions.

Gingrich's problem is that he wants to think of himself as a policy moderate, while in practice he can't resist throwing whatever extremist partisan bomb he can get his hands on. His desire to throw bombs and create as much political damage as possible to Democrats leads to him making statements that he later has to retract (flip-flop) when he wants to go back to making moderate policy statements.

He's a man who wants to be a rational moderate policy wonk, but then goes on a bomb-throwing bender like an alcoholic going on a drinking bender. It feels good at the time, but in the morning it hurts to face the consequences. Gingrich will never be a serious candidate until he can get in control of his addiction to Donald Trump/Sarah Palin style bomb-throwing, and gets some message discipline.

Last edited by 11Series; 05-17-2011 at 06:59 PM.
      05-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
I think what you saw was a reference to one of the TV talking heads saying that Gingrich killed his own run for President by how he was answering some questions in an interview.
I had heard it in a one sentence mention on a local radio station. The talker probably heard it from the TV like you said. I try not to watch TV news. When I do watch, it is usually CNN where they never get it wrong (really I will watch CNN because the tone of the speech is generally acceptable as long as it is not their commentator hours).

I heard that Lou Dobbs moved to Fox Business... Gotta add that to my DVR schedule
scottwww is offline   United_States
      05-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Rick Santorum is just like Gingrich, except without any attempt at rational moderate policy making. Today he told John McCain, who spent years being tortured, that Santorum knows more about how torture works than John McCain. What a petulant childish bomb thrower.
      05-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
WWM3
Captain

Drives: 09 E90 M3 AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Rick Santorum is just like Gingrich, except without any attempt at rational moderate policy making. Today he told John McCain, who spent years being tortured, that Santorum knows more about how torture works than John McCain. What a petulant childish bomb thrower.
Santorum is a joke. Gingrich criticized Ryan's plan and since he has been taking heat. God forbid someone not agree that Ryan's plan is perfect in every way.