BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

GetBMWParts

05-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep

Drives: 10 135i, 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Dealer telling me my F1 Pinnacle is the cause of poor HD Radio reception. BS or true

I get downright horrible hd radio reception with my M3. Funny thing is that I had a 335i before it that got perfect reception in my area that also had tint on it - though it wasn't F1 Pinnacle, it was ceramic, and even slightly darker than my F1.

I don't use the radio that much, but it's really annoying when I do because even stations that come in very well in other cars come in very poorly.

The car is at the dealer right now and it sounds like they're not going to do anything, claiming they will provide me with the service bulletin they found to this effect. I just can't figure out how ceramic tint on the inside of the antenna is going to affect the reception...

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Nope. I have F1 tint and no radio reception issues at all.

Current: 2015 F80 M3 (SS, Full Black Interior, 6MT, LED Lights, Adaptive Suspension, 19's)
Previous: 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
HDproblems
Rep

Drives: M3

iBiquity and BMW are under investigation

"HD Car Radio Investigation"

"The trial lawyers at Keefe Bartels, LLC are currently investigating the marketing and sales of HD car radios by certain car manufacturers. Consumer statutes and laws protect the purchasers of products such as HD car radios. A party may be legally liable for statements, omissions or misrepresentations of material facts that should have been known to be false or misleading and promoted the sale of the product. Such laws protect innocent consumers from unlawful and deceptive practices. The victims of questionable business practices by parties such automobile manufacturers are the consumers who purchase or lease cars with HD car radios at significantly increased costs when these devices fail to function as they are represented to work."

http://www.keefebartels.com/CM/Custo...estigation.asp

Considering that iBiquity and the automakers that include HD Radio are under investigation, it is most likely BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
England
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

not sure how relevant it is - but on my E92 335d............ LED Angel eyes caused the radio reception to crackle like mad!!