BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
House Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
BMWCali's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
1,208
Posts

Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (1)

Credit sucks. Will BMW let me pay lease in full in advance?

Here's the deal: As a result of what took place with the economy a couple of years ago, my credit took a nose dive. I'm looking into leasing a new E90 M3 before production stops this year, but there's no way BMW would approve a lease with my 500 something credit rating. Question is, what if I paid the lease in full upon signing the contract/or taking delivery? If the lease is $29K total over 36 months and I just pay all $29K upfront, will BMW give me the lease?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
NYCMCBM3's Avatar
No_Country
62
Rep
2,718
Posts

Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Ozone Park,NY

iTrader: (13)

I can't see why not
__________________
2012 MCB///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
5,830
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Whats the difference between paying upfront vs using that money as a downpayment on a lease?

Not trying to be a smartass, i really dont know how prepaying works.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
109
Rep
6,009
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

ask them, how would we know?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
arirochmann
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Here's the deal: As a result of what took place with the economy a couple of years ago, my credit took a nose dive. I'm looking into leasing a new E90 M3 before production stops this year, but there's no way BMW would approve a lease with my 500 something credit rating. Question is, what if I paid the lease in full upon signing the contract/or taking delivery? If the lease is $29K total over 36 months and I just pay all $29K upfront, will BMW give me the lease?
You are probably much better off buying a car with that cash. Unfortunately the cheapest e90 M3 I could find online is $42.5k: http://bit.ly/mOa0X4. However, you should be able to find an M3 coupe for around that price as they are less rare.
__________________
Current: 2014 Ford Focus ST

Old:
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2008 E90 335xi
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
1,849
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
I would have to agree with most people here. I would think you'd want to work on fixing your credit (i.e. lowering debt or getting rid of balances completely) before you lease another car.

If you're already there though, it might be a good idea to take on some debt and pay it off responsibly in order to start bringing the score back up. Your score will rise if they see you have debt but you're paying it off.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
98
Rep
5,370
Posts

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
if your going to put that much on a lease why not just buy it.

yes put that as a down.

oh and yes BMW OR OTHER FINANCE WILL SELL IT TO YOU WITH THAT KIND OF AMOUNT.

your rate might be around 6% + but with 30k down. your monthly aint too bad.

and start building your credit by paying off the finance..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
wwjd15
Banned
United_States
26
Rep
1,322
Posts

Drives: 11 E92 M3 MR
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (6)

It would not work not unless you have enough credit. That's the way it works.
If you can lease it, you can get a loan to buy it. If you can get a loan to buy it, you can lease it. The same.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
kibosh
Private First Class
kibosh's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

sound like the OP has the cash, but not the credit (implying that financially he is fine now, just his credit still sucks from a few years ago). I'm going to make the assumption that he doesn't want to purchase the car since otherwise he'd have just put like $15-20k down and be done with the conversation.

I think what he is asking, is if he can prove he has all the lease payments in cash, can he just pay them upfront and drive the car for three years. Then when the lease is up he can walk away, buy the car, trade up, etc...

I'm not sure it makes sense to do it this way since part of the lease payment includes interest due to deferred payments (so you are getting "overcharged" by paying in advance). However, I can't see BMWFS not taking your money. You might have to speak with someone directly at BMWFS rather than go through the dealer finance person to get that type of arrangement worked out.
__________________
2011.5 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #10
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
koxal's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,156
Posts

Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
even if you pay $39K upfront, they wont lease it to you..!
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
chrischeung
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2008 535i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

What happened to your credit? My credit score was not impacted at all by what happened with the economy. My understanding is that credit changes by what you do individually (or your spouse), and is not tied to how the economy is doing. I'd get it reviewed if you didn't do anything negatively. Naturally if the economy improves, that is not going to help your credit either.

Last edited by chrischeung; 05-05-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
IrishCoffee
First Lieutenant
IrishCoffee's Avatar
8
Rep
389
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3, '14 328i, '14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

It sounds to me like several people on here are trying to tell you how to spend your money. I don't know why.

My assumption is that your credit is screwed because you walked away from a house or something similar. I don't see how buying a car with your cash vs leasing it and paying for it ouright will fix or change your credit. If anything buying a car with cash won't help because you aren't using or building any credit history.

Some manufacturers will accept all payments right up front for a lease. The only thing that is dangerous about this is that if you total the car you will lose a sizeable chunk of change. That's why most people will use money up front for Multiple Security Deposits. However, with bad credit they prob won't loan you any money.

My advice is to talk to one of the sales associates on this message board or go to your dealer and ask these questions. This way you won't get the usual lease vs. buy arguments from people on here.... and you can avoid people crapping on you for having low credit.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
98
Rep
5,370
Posts

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
even if you pay $39K upfront, they wont lease it to you..!
OH TRUST ME they will....

also other banks will finance as well with that much down. its no brainer...The bank will lease or finance it even with low credit score even with BK on your file.
__________________

Last edited by Sean05; 05-05-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
98
Rep
5,370
Posts

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by cullan View Post
Some manufacturers will accept all payments right up front for a lease. The only thing that is dangerous about this is that if you total the car you will lose a sizeable chunk of change.
this is the reason why i say finance it. better option in my opinion.
__________________

Last edited by Sean05; 05-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
koxal's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,156
Posts

Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
OH TRUST ME they will....

also other banks will finance as well with that much down. its no brainer...The bank will lease or finance it even with low credit score even with BK on your file.
I tried it buddy. I am not guessing. I had that experience in a different way.

Also there is no such a thing to pay the lease upfront in their (BMW) systems.

If you can get a co-signer, they will let you lease with regular payments. But co-signer has to be your either mother or father or sister/brother.
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
251
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

If you prepay the lease like that and then someone T-bones you and totals your car you're out a ton of cash. If you finance it instead at least you'll get an insurance check.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
98
Rep
5,370
Posts

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
I tried it buddy. I am not guessing. I had that experience in a different way.

Also there is no such a thing to pay the lease upfront in their (BMW) systems.

If you can get a co-signer, they will let you lease with regular payments. But co-signer has to be your either mother or father or sister/brother.
so you tried putting 30k down on a lease and they said no? if so you must have a repo or something that might give them not to make a deal.

like STATUS38 mentioned its stupid for the dealer to not to lease with that much down. If you get t bone the insurance will cut the check to the bank who lease the vehicle to.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #18
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
98
Rep
5,370
Posts

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by status38 View Post
If you prepay the lease like that and then someone T-bones you and totals your car you're out a ton of cash. If you finance it instead at least you'll get an insurance check.
Exactly.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #19
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
koxal's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,156
Posts

Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
so you tried putting 30k down on a lease and they said no? if so you must have a repo or something that might give them not to make a deal.

like STATUS38 mentioned its stupid for the dealer to not to lease with that much down. If you get t bone the insurance will cut the check to the bank who lease the vehicle to.
OP says that he offered to pay the total lease amount. Not the amount for down payment.

by other words, lets say you put $10K down and your 3 years lease comes to $600 per month which makes a total of $31,600.00 for 3 years.

Op is asking if he pays $31,600 upfront, will they let him to lease the car?

Answer NO because, if he has bad credit, no matter what they wont lease it to you. Your only option is to buy the car.

This only goes to people who has not enough credit history / bad credit / no credit.

i know, it is totally stupid but you have to be approved by BMW first. Then you can negotiate the deal. if they dont approve ur credit, then u have no other option than buying the car.
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 05:02 PM   #20
MangoConChile
Private First Class
5
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LBC

iTrader: (0)

lol no way is that a good idea. if you total your car when you drive off the lot you are out 30k. i would spend the money on getting your credit repaired if possible, or get use e46
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
335OK
Private First Class
4
Rep
129
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

workout a 1 time payment lease deal with your dealer.
but ultimately, you still need to build it back up.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #22
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
98
Rep
5,370
Posts

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
OP says that he offered to pay the total lease amount. Not the amount for down payment.

by other words, lets say you put $10K down and your 3 years lease comes to $600 per month which makes a total of $31,600.00 for 3 years.

Op is asking if he pays $31,600 upfront, will they let him to lease the car?

Answer NO because, if he has bad credit, no matter what they wont lease it to you. Your only option is to buy the car.

This only goes to people who has not enough credit history / bad credit / no credit.

i know, it is totally stupid but you have to be approved by BMW first. Then you can negotiate the deal. if they dont approve ur credit, then u have no other option than buying the car.
trust me they will i had a friend that lease a 2010 535 with less than 600 score and was approve paid close to 5k down.... also it depends on your finance ratio if you can afford the car or not. so not sure where your getting your info from but i know people that works at the dealers.

like i said it depends if you had a previous car loan that was not paid or repo. which will cause the dealer or you to get denied.

this is case by case not all low credit will get denied.
__________________

Last edited by Sean05; 05-05-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST