BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #45
1speedbike
Colonel

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Osama was killed because he was ordered to surrender and did not.

They found Osama because they got a tip out of a guantanamo detainee about a courier. We located the courier and the courier's brother and tracked them making trips to an interesting compound. No phone lines, high walls around the whole thing, and in the middle lies a million dollar mansion. Everyone thought it was just a rich guy's house until we took a closer look..

This was all recent, within Obama's term. No "Osama has been dead for years" conspiracy.

He was buried at sea because we did not want his supporters to get their hands on his body and use it in any way against us (to rally, etc), and we figured no country would accept his remains for burial. We sure wouldn't.

Also, "when has a president ever lied to us?"

hah hah..

The end. Now please stop arguing guys

Year 1 of the 1
      05-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #46
.:bHd:.
Major

Drives: E92 335i MT

lol i like that cartoon.. nice!

Just to make you think about it a litte more. The tip out of gurantanamo was back in august. Took 8 months to execute the attack. How long did it take to capture Hussein after knowing of his whereabouts?

We have known about his locations for years. I can post number of articles dating back from 2003 stating that soldiers have had him in sights but never got the kill order from US officials.

.:bHd:. is offline   Armenia
      05-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #47
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant

Drives: F10 520d SE

You do have to ask why they decided to dispose of the body into the sea. Still, its a good way of getting rid of the evidence - and having flown round the US immediately after 9/11 to remove Bin Laden family members from the country without so much as an interview, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised.
Rochdale Pioneers is offline   United Kingdom
      05-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #48
Major

I have a question.. Doesn't DNA testing take a few days to complete? Especially since the DNA of OBL's sister was in the US while his body was in the middle east. We had reports of a DNA match that same night. It's pretty much physically impossible to have the results that fast.

05-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #49
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard

Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I have a question.. Doesn't DNA testing take a few days to complete? Especially since the DNA of OBL's sister was in the US while his body was in the middle east. We had reports of a DNA match that same night. It's pretty much physically impossible to have the results that fast.

They killed him a week ago, so more then enough time to .. you know... dress him up, kiss him on the forehead and ditch him in the sea.
KGB7 is offline   United_States
      05-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #50
tony20009
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Osama was killed because he was ordered to surrender and did not.
Excuse me? The government reported that OBL was unarmend. Now tell me, if you (plural) have guns and order an unarmed man to surrender and he says, "No," you shoot him?

I'm not taking exception, by my question above, with anything other than the rationale of your statement about why OBL was killed. The more plausible reason in my mind is that the US government wasn't about to go through the circus of actually trying him in court. Moreover, everyone wins if he's dead. The terrorists have a martyr and new rallying cry, the general public have their vengeance, the US Government has whatever it wanted (not that that has been identified yet, but as they put out the story of his killing, they clearly want the world to believe that), the Democrats have a feather in their cap, and so on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
      05-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #51
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

I dunno wtf happened or didn't happen. One minute we hear he was armed and used a human shield then we heard he was NOT armed and she just got caught in the crossfire. How can we prove either way? How do we know we was even there?

Also, official announcement from Obama just in: Picture/s will NOT be released

Also, I heard (who knows if true or not) that OBL was using a dialysis machine. I haven't heard/seen anything about that in the compound.
      05-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #52
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I dunno wtf happened or didn't happen. One minute we hear he was armed and used a human shield then we heard he was NOT armed and she just got caught in the crossfire. How can we prove either way? How do we know we was even there?

Also, I heard (who knows if true or not) that OBL was using a dialysis machine. I haven't heard/seen anything about that in the compound.
The first officially released story is the one that sets the tone for what we think about the event. Any changes to the story after that are filtered by our prior belief in what we first heard and very much muted in it's impact.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      05-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #53
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard

Unless the clowns at the white house produce something soon for the public(pics, videos, etc), the media and people are going to burn the Circus to the ground.
      05-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #54
tony20009
Brigadier General

Quote:
I...

Of course there'll be no photos released. The CIA was the agency in charge of making that decision. Nothing positive can come to the CIA by releasing any more information. Their charge is to confuse and hide matters, not make things clearer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      05-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #55
Major

Quote:

He was using a dialysis machine since 2001. A few times there have been reports of it being destroyed and him dying

05-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #56
Augenbrauezug
Captain

Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Excuse me? The government reported that OBL was unarmend. Now tell me, if you (plural) have guns and order an unarmed man to surrender and he says, "No," you shoot him?

I'm not taking exception, by my question above, with anything other than the rationale of your statement about why OBL was killed. The more plausible reason in my mind is that the US government wasn't about to go through the circus of actually trying him in court. Moreover, everyone wins if he's dead. The terrorists have a martyr and new rallying cry, the general public have their vengeance, the US Government has whatever it wanted (not that that has been identified yet, but as they put out the story of his killing, they clearly want the world to believe that), the Democrats have a feather in their cap, and so on.
I skipped most posts, but could you imagine being the SEAL looking at him down his sights and NOT firing?

I'd shoot him regardless of anything.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
      05-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #57
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I skipped most posts, but could you imagine being the SEAL looking at him down his sights and NOT firing?

Then you dont know how a chain of command works and how well SEAL guys are trained.

If a SEAL was told by his CO to kill, then a SEAL kills. If the CO says bring him a live, then SEAL brings him back alive. There is no gray area.
      05-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #58
tony20009
Brigadier General

Quote:

I could if my orders didn't require killing him. SEALs are highly disciplined people. They don't act based on personal emotions in situation such as that.

05-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #59
Augenbrauezug
Captain

Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I could if my orders didn't require killing him. SEALs are highly disciplined people. They don't act based on personal emotions in situation such as that.
Then this confirms it, I'm no navy seal.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
      05-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #60
tony20009
Brigadier General

Quote:
Then this confirms it, I'm no navy seal.
If you were, would you tell us so, anyway?

05-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #61
Kylekuu
Captain

Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

i don't know...whats the point

so he was unarmed and no hostage - dead guy = dead guy

what are you gonna do, trial and put everyone that handled him + obama in jail - you know that's not gonna happen

does it hurt U.S.'s image to other countries = it's not like we have a good image already

i think having our country bicker over these stupid shit hurts our image more than anything else
      05-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #62
Major

More Updates:

Turns out right before entering the compound, there was a black out in the video. Pretty much most of the mission was not shown, including the part where Osama was shot. What about the picture of the white house room with everyone sitting down? That was staged since the live feed was broken during the mission and they couldn't have seen anything that shocking. Also numerous photographers have said that after Barrack gave his speech, he re in-acted the first two minutes of the speech and walked towards the stand for photographers to get pictures.

05-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #63
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

^^ It's possible. I knew they would have some fuckin excuse. First they tell us they have pictures of the body BUT won't show it. Then they say they watched the operation from the White House BUT there was a black out and not a video of the shooting...but yeah I still think even if they show pics/videos people wouldn't believe it. I admit I am one of those people because I have no reason to believe the US or my own country any more than Al-Qaeda. We have no credibility.
      05-06-2011, 04:41 AM   #64
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

You guys are so cute. Since I would suppose you weren't at the scene or in the White House for the viewing you are just making stuff up to fill in the blanks. For people who are so suspicious of any "official" version of events you sure are quick to grab onto equally suspicious alternative theories.

"My husband's cousin's hairdresser heard from her auto mechanic that...(insert B.S.)..."
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      05-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #65
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
You guys are so cute. Since I would suppose you weren't at the scene or in the White House for the viewing you are just making stuff up to fill in the blanks. For people who are so suspicious of any "official" version of events you sure are quick to grab onto equally suspicious alternative theories.

"My husband's cousin's hairdresser heard from her auto mechanic that...(insert B.S.)..."

The door swings both way.
      05-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #66
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post

why would you assume we got it from a random source. Its in the news dude. Just know what to read and what not to read.