BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #23
beeblebrox
Private First Class
beeblebrox's Avatar
2
Rep
138
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
Thanks for derailing another thread. Again.

For everyone else who contributed positively towards alleviating my anxiety, thanks again! The wait is killing me. Only a few more days to go!
i really am sorry about the negative post. got to give all your options though.

on the flip side, if the car was damaged en route, you got them there. even if they fix it, they still have to let you go.
No worries. That post wasn't meant for you...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #24
crackberry
Major
crackberry's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
1,003
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: southern california

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc2 View Post
You are wrong, if the car is damaged en route, they don't have to tell you anything (unless you figure it out yourself). They might replace an entire door if they have to, and by law, they don't have to say anything. VPC is considered part of the factory.
it gets tricky. but ive read that cars have been damaged. like a wheel hit a curb and the rim was damaged and replaced but everything was 100% fine. they had to disclose it under the law in the states and the guy asked if he should buy it. it was here on the forum too. so dealerships do disclose things. what they disclose? iono, but it happens.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #25
tlp
Colonel
tlp's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
2,057
Posts

 
Drives: '11 e92 M3 SG/FR
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc2 View Post
You are wrong, if the car is damaged en route, they don't have to tell you anything (unless you figure it out yourself). They might replace an entire door if they have to, and by law, they don't have to say anything. VPC is considered part of the factory.
Nope you are WRONG!!

If the damage exceeds 3% of the cars value then the VPC has to report it to the Dealer. If the dealer has scruples they will notify you. To be on the safe side you should ask the dealer if the VPC reported any damage.
__________________
My Coding Journal
Current - '11 e92 M3 SG/FR ZCP|ZCV|ZP2|2MK|494|415|6NR|752
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #26
ES_TRADER
Colonel
68
Rep
2,696
Posts

 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
i know people who would do anything for money.

my uncle, who is a doctor and makes over 300k a year would. he is in the top 1% income in the states, but he would gladly do this to save a grand or two. hes a douche. that dr douche is the antithesis of what i wanna be as a doctor.

again, like i said, i wouldnt, but you never know what people will do to save money. and im sure there are many people out there who at least know someone who would do that too to save a buck.
Lol this is so freaking true. I had a client once who made over 4 million bucks a year and he would curse and complain and pound the table over a $1 ( that's one dollar) check writing free. Would not give up that dollar for the love of god. I guess the wealthy dont get where they are if they let dollars fly here and there. He truly believed that because he had money, he had power, so he deserved everything for free. I eventually fired him.

So I believe you. I'm sure your uncle would slice that seat. Prolly nick the paint when their backs are turned too.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #27
Brosef
Colonel
Brosef's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,265
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Don't sweat it bro. If you don't like it, you can buy my CF trim that I'm selling.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #28
crackberry
Major
crackberry's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
1,003
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: southern california

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
Lol this is so freaking true. I had a client once who made over 4 million bucks a year and he would curse and complain and pound the table over a $1 ( that's one dollar) check writing free. Would not give up that dollar for the love of god. I guess the wealthy dont get where they are if they let dollars fly here and there. He truly believed that because he had money, he had power, so he deserved everything for free. I eventually fired him.

So I believe you. I'm sure your uncle would slice that seat. Prolly nick the paint when their backs are turned too.
i could tell you stories about my uncle scrooge. he would go after that dollar too and scratch the paint on a new m3. he bought a x5 4.6l or 4.8l a couple of years back, and i honestly wouldnt be surprised if he did something to the car. he tried to make them take the lo jack out because he didnt want to pay. but since the labor to take it out cost more than the lo jack, the dealer gave it to him for free. wow...and he has tried on multiple occasions to trick $5 out of my parents and me when picking a $500+ tab. the funniest part is that he lacks business acumen and makes horrible financial mistakes that cost him 100s of thousands, but he just cant let that 5 dollars go. normally, id feel sorry for anyone in that situation, but its hard when they are trying to con a dollar out of you.

back on topic, i might have missed it, but i didnt pick up on the color of your interior. so i cant imagine how your interior will look like. i honestly think that TS is beautiful and you have nothing to worry about, esp if you got black leather. when i was in the market for an m3, i wanted TS because it broke up the black dungeon interior. cf is nice, but its just waaaaay too much black for me. its personal taste, but i think TS a looker imho.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #29
OC3
Havin' a blast!
OC3's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
4,819
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
Lol this is so freaking true. I had a client once who made over 4 million bucks a year and he would curse and complain and pound the table over a $1 ( that's one dollar) check writing free. Would not give up that dollar for the love of god. I guess the wealthy dont get where they are if they let dollars fly here and there. He truly believed that because he had money, he had power, so he deserved everything for free. I eventually fired him.

So I believe you. I'm sure your uncle would slice that seat. Prolly nick the paint when their backs are turned too.
lulz, apparently I'm not the only one who fires my clients.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #30
sameh
Major
sameh's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT JetBlk
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
So I ended up ordering my E93 (which is a 2-3 days away from delivery) with the titanium shadow trim (MW/FR). I am now in this loop thinking I have made a mistake and I should gone with carbon leather trim. I know in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters, but I haven't seen the TS trim in person and I just don't want to be overly underwhelmed! I am looking for experiences/advice/consolation from everyone here on this forum. (except E=mc2)

Thanks guys!
I told you you should have gotten the carbon leather trim, the titanium one is the default trim that comes with the car.

Anyways, kidding aside, are you really going to look at the friking trim or the tacometer redlining the thing @ 8300 rpm.

I'll give you my carbon leather if it's going to make you happy and maybe next time you don't exclude me in your questions.

AND I didn't say "E93" so don't flame me
I thought redline is 8400!! I bet this car is a fake M3 (E93, MT or ZCP)
__________________
2011 E92 BatMobile JtBlk/Blk/Blk CF
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #31
Legion5
Major
Legion5's Avatar
43
Rep
1,381
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (12)

I just traded my Titanium Shadow trim for carbon trim which cost me $550. It's not that big of a deal but it will probably take a month or two of work. At worst you're looking at a bill for $950, PM me if you're looking for some help with getting a swap going, I have a trick that will make it cheaper or easier.

The upgrade is $500 from BMW so paying a $50-$450 surcharge for your mistake is no big deal.
__________________

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #32
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
31
Rep
2,731
Posts

 
Drives: Slowly
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Yes, or he can take it to a paint shop and get it custom painted for something really unique.
Paint shop? Find a good paint supply store and have them mix the paint, put it in a spray can (most can do this), and paint it in your garage. I've done this before and it looks great.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #33
advans
Advansolosis
30
Rep
1,138
Posts

 
Drives: ///M+////AMG
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

is this thomas???
__________________

2011///M3_ZCP:
2009_550i_MSport_daily_driver
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #34
quiksi
Captain
quiksi's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
767
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to quiksi
the carbon leather looks really great with the FR interior so I can see why the OP is having second thoughts... but custom painted AW trim would definitely look sick!
__________________

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, RemoteKey+, Homelink retrofit, V1 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, VRS Replica CF Front Lip, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Bridgestone S04
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #35
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
35
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
Thanks guys. That does make me feel a bit better. I am really hoping it blends well with the interior and looks good with the top down. I'll post tons of pictures after I pick it up...
Relax. I got Titanium shadow trim - I thought Carbon Leather or Aluminum would be excessive with a Fox Red interior. I don't regret it for a minute! It's simple and understated and fits very well with the relatively spartan M3 interior.

If you don't like it, you can get an aftermarket panel installed, so don't sweat it! Good luck, and looking forward to seeing it!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
saeedg48
Brigadier General
Iran
132
Rep
3,499
Posts

 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

iTrader: (1)

it looks good on a vert don't worry about it
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #37
jeffnnj
Second Lieutenant
jeffnnj's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
281
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NNJ, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
i agree. cant go wrong with either. titanium trim looks great, but the cf reminds me of the louis vuitton pattern (damier graphite?), which is also interesting.

and if worst comes to worst and you hate it,

A) go down the check list and make sure that it is exactly spec'ed out the way you wanted it on your contract. if something is missing, they broke the contract and you get your deposit back.

B) ask them to take more money off. cant hurt at this point.

C) walk away.

good luck
So because he changed his mind on the order, due in no part to fault by the dealer, he should try and screw them. There's something really wrong with your logic and advice, my friend.
__________________
2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/Black Novillo Leather
2008 550i Sport, Platinum Gray/Natural Brown (retired)
2006 550i Silver Gray/Black (retired)
2002 M3 Convertible Titanium Silver/Black(retired)
1998 328i Convertible Arctic Silver/Gray(retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #38
crackberry
Major
crackberry's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
1,003
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: southern california

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnnj View Post
So because he changed his mind on the order, due in no part to fault by the dealer, he should try and screw them. There's something really wrong with your logic and advice, my friend.
whats wrong with checking to make sure that every option is there? i dont see anything wrong with walking away from a 70k purchase if you are not 100% satisfied. in fact, i see something wrong with dropping 70k for a car that doesnt 100% satisfy you, regardless whos "mistake" it was. in california, deposits are 100% refundable by law. (its just that people waive that right when they sign on the dotted line). however, there are a few dealers who will even custom order a car for you with no deposit. if i were in the op's shoes, which i was last year, then the dealerships are the ones trying to weasel me into a contract and waive my rights. so given that situation, circumstances, and laws that protect me as a Californian, im not the one who is doing the screwing.

besides, when you custom order a car, you are kind of taking a stab in the dark because you dont know how it will come out looking in the end. no matter how much research you do, nothing beats seeing it in person. and because of that, i wouldnt fault anyone for walking away.

Last edited by crackberry; 04-28-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #39
klammer
Brigadier General
40
Rep
3,244
Posts

 
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

too.[/quote]

lulz, apparently I'm not the only one who fires my clients. [/quote]
Feels good, don't it
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #40
CAPSGOD
Major
19
Rep
1,136
Posts

 
Drives: Diesel Son
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #yolo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
I am looking for experiences/advice/consolation from everyone here on this forum. (except E=mc2)
Looks like you don't have a choice
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST