BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

03-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
||||||||||
///M Flight - Europe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 ZCP

|||||||||| 2011 E90 M3 build/ownership thread

I have seen a ton of these threads, but never done one myself. Now that the "mod bug" has hit me (took longer than I thought, at 4 months of ownership) I decided to make one of my own. I was in the market for a newer M3 for a couple months before finding this 2011 E90 for sale about 4 1/2 hours away, and after more than a month and a half of procrastinating and going back and forth with the owner, I took the plunge, hopped on a train, and went to Weiden, Germany to pick her up.

As you can see by the pic below, the car was a perfect find for me. I sold my 2005 Interlagos Blue ZCP about a year prior to getting the E90. I had a Mercedes C Class in between, and it just didn't do it for me. I always regretted selling the E46, and felt something missing when I drove the C Class. I was excited to get back into essentially the same car I sold (same color, similar transmission style, etc) as my 2005, only newer, nicer, and better. The E90 basically has everything I missed about the E46, and then some. It really is the perfect car for me, and best of all, it's 4 door so that means family friendly.

Here is the car on November 10, 2014 as she was the morning when I bought her with 43,xxx miles on the clock (this is the very first picture I took literally 12 hours after taking delivery, before I had even paid the owner yet or signed any paperwork. I can't describe the excitement as I took this pic).

The car wasn't stock when I bought her. She had a few mods done mostly by the original owner. When I took delivery, the car already had:

1. The OEM ZCP wheels were painted by a professional body shop. They look black, but are actually a very dark metallic blue. The original owner described the paint as "BMW Blue", but I am not sure of the paint code or exact color. (for summer use only)

2. Turner Motorsports 15mm front/12.5mm rear spacers

3. Gloss black hood grills (unknown manufacturer)

4. Active Autowerke air filter

5. Paint-matched bumper markers (unknown manufacturer)

6. OEM exhaust mod (two pipe method)

I couldn't go more than a few days without doing my first "photo shoot" of the car. These are a few of the pics taken on November 15, 2014, just 5 days after picking the car up.

-In December of 2014 I decided to pick up a used OEM 270M winter wheel and tire package for winter use (pics down further). I got a very good deal on them from a local German on Ebay for about €625,00 shipped to my door.

-On February 28, 2015 I did my first oil service on the car. I sent in a Blackstone sample, and was happy to receive the results. Seems the engine is in good health at 45k miles.

With winter almost over, and the summer wheels about to go back on the car, I realized I didn't have any pictures of the car with the winter wheel setup, so I pulled over in a parking lot on my way home on March 8, 2015 and took these with my cell phone (excuse the poor quality). Not a huge fan of the 270M wheels, but they work for winter use. I can't wait to get the ZCP wheels back on!

On March 13, 2015 I did my first mod. Something simple and cheap to get started. An IND keyhole delete cover.

Before:

After:

Damn near a perfect match, though it doesn't seem to line up properly, but I am going to see if I can "tweak" it tomorrow to make it line up with the lines of the door handle a little better.

I have a whole plan of future mods for this car laid out, and am planning to (slowly) work on them one by one, probably starting with the cheaper mods and moving on to the more expensive mods.

Here are most of the mods I have planned for the car. I will update this thread as I perform these:

-JB Speed DCT paddles
-Lux V4 angel eyes
-KW H.A.S. sleeve-over kit
-Dvision Autowerkes 80mm black exhaust tips
-JB Speed gloss black trunk badge
-Vorsteiner rear diffusor
-Mode Carbon rear spoiler
-Mode Carbon V1 GTS front lip
-Forcewerks side skirt splitters
-Brembo BBK
-ESS VT2-625 supercharger

It's a slow start, but more to come. Thanks for looking!

UPDATE: 3/19/2015

Did some maintenance, and decided to post an engine bay shot after spark plug change, air filter clean/oil and a quick engine bay detail.

Full "write-up" located here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...5#post17592915

UPDATE: 3/27/2015

Installed a set of IND gloss black fender grills (thank you r1762, pleasure meeting you today). Vast improvement I'd say. Now I just need to get a gloss black rear emblem and some black exhaust tips. Also put my summer wheels back on the other day.

Before:

After:

Tonight I also started my "Spring cleaning" detail/paint correction. Will post some pics tomorrow, as well as a full write-up in another thread. I am amazed at the huge improvement just after clay bar and two washes. Can't wait to see what compound, polish and wax will do to the finish.

Last edited by ||||||||||; 03-27-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
Amirsm3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the results.
      03-14-2015, 03:26 AM   #3
Alen E90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

Beautiful ride, congrats!

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #4
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3, Z4MC

colour is sick
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
corchar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i and 2011 M3

Nice! 👍
      03-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #6
r1762
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Nice! M-FLIGHT!
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #7
rd13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

congrats, love reading these kind of thread especially E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #8
||||||||||
///M Flight - Europe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 ZCP

Updates: Installed IND gloss black fender grills and started my detail/paint correction. Will finish that up tomorrow, and post some pics of the end results
Appreciate 1