BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #67
MrHarris
yodog
MrHarris's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
5,037
Posts

 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
lol @ domo face. the event looked like a great success
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #68
aj@fluid
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: X5 Prototype
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
what for? that X5 is a joke. It won't do shit off road unless the owner installed 4-wheel drive (not AWD, but 4WD) with a low-range transfer case at a minimum. Doubt they did that though as it would cost an arm and a leg for the custom fabrication that would have to be done.

It's probably just a suspension lift, mud tires and a snorkel (which is laughable, btw, since I'm sure the electronics aren't properly waterproofed and the differentials probably have breathers that would allow water in).

it's a nice looking "SAV" though.
What for? Because everything behind this X5 is anything but "a joke." No it does not have all the electronics sealed and a different transfer case. Why? Because we hadn't gotten that far yet. It is not a matter of us not wanting to pay someone to fabricate the upgrades. You see, every inch of this vehicle has been fabricated...by us. The lift kit...designed and fabricated by us. The front bumper...designed and fabricated by us. The roof rack and tire mount...designed and fabricated by us. The snorkel...designed and fabricated by us. The complete exhaust system...designed and fabricated by us. The blacked out interior...done by us. Tune...us.

You are correct...it would have problems actually being totally submerged in water...but thats not what we built it for. We are not a competitive off road company. In fact this is the first vehicle we have actually gone skyward with instead of south. We built it to show what we are capable of doing and to get our company attention. We built it because, we as a company, do things to vehicles that are not considered the norm. Thus the reason you will not find ANY of the upgrades on our X5 on any shelves of any stores on the planet. All four of the vehicles we drove nearly 2000 miles from Chicago to Vegas for the show follow the same motive. If you could have ridden with me down the Vegas strip and witnessed the mob it drew you would have realized we accomplished our goal.

But seeing as you are a fellow Chicago local I trust you won't just take my word for it. Our facility is just outside the city and you are more than welcome to come check out what we do in person. It would be my pleasure to give you or anyone else a tour...hell, if you give us a visit and still aren't convinced we're about as far from a joke as you can get I'll buy you lunch. Check our site out at www.fluidmotorunion.com and feel free to shoot us any questions about any build we ever do.

Its hard to be mad at a fellow BMW fanatic...and with all the bolt on parts and shelf bought upgrades seen at shows it is completely understandable why someone would come to some or your conclusions. But I'm not a guy that likes grudges...too tired after a 32 hour drive home for that. I'd rather you check us out in person...I'm sure we'd get along like peas and carrots.

Last edited by aj@fluid; 04-28-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #69
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Kensta335's Avatar
48
Rep
3,634
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuHayabusa View Post
What color blue is this? Is this a vinyl wrap or MCB? Looks gorgeous.

It's painted Matte Estoril Blue
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #70
iconoclast1
Private
United_States
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Great looking cars.. great looking women.. Everyone's a winner!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #71
RyuHayabusa
Private
No_Country
2
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LMB M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On the Road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
It's painted Matte Estoril Blue
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #72
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
MMMorish's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
2,836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Nice shots! Great to see Amway is still in business!!
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #73
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
36
Rep
1,512
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Great photos! Thanks for sharing with us!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #74
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
Gladius's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
552
Posts

 
Drives: '07 SG Z4MCoupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj@fluid View Post
W

If you could have ridden with me down the Vegas strip and witnessed the mob it drew you would have realized we accomplished our goal.
AJ, yours was one of my two favorite cars at the event. I love the German-army motif. And the girl you had with you was equally amazing...

__________________

'07 SilverGrey Z4M Coupe

Last edited by Gladius; 04-28-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added pic
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #75
Maseroche
Major
Maseroche's Avatar
Bahrain
15
Rep
1,402
Posts

 
Drives: '08 BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Excellent pics!

E34 M5 looks good!
__________________
Khalid
'08 BMW M3


Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #76
Brosef
Colonel
Brosef's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,259
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj@fluid View Post
What for? Because everything behind this X5 is anything but "a joke." No it does not have all the electronics sealed and a different transfer case. Why? Because we hadn't gotten that far yet. It is not a matter of us not wanting to pay someone to fabricate the upgrades. You see, every inch of this vehicle has been fabricated...by us. The lift kit...designed and fabricated by us. The front bumper...designed and fabricated by us. The roof rack and tire mount...designed and fabricated by us. The snorkel...designed and fabricated by us. The complete exhaust system...designed and fabricated by us. The blacked out interior...done by us. Tune...us.

You are correct...it would have problems actually being totally submerged in water...but thats not what we built it for. We are not a competitive off road company. In fact this is the first vehicle we have actually gone skyward with instead of south. We built it to show what we are capable of doing and to get our company attention. We built it because, we as a company, do things to vehicles that are not considered the norm. Thus the reason you will not find ANY of the upgrades on our X5 on any shelves of any stores on the planet. All four of the vehicles we drove nearly 2000 miles from Chicago to Vegas for the show follow the same motive. If you could have ridden with me down the Vegas strip and witnessed the mob it drew you would have realized we accomplished our goal.

But seeing as you are a fellow Chicago local I trust you won't just take my word for it. Our facility is just outside the city and you are more than welcome to come check out what we do in person. It would be my pleasure to give you or anyone else a tour...hell, if you give us a visit and still aren't convinced we're about as far from a joke as you can get I'll buy you lunch. Check our site out at www.fluidmotorunion.com and feel free to shoot us any questions about any build we ever do.

Its hard to be mad at a fellow BMW fanatic...and with all the bolt on parts and shelf bought upgrades seen at shows it is completely understandable why someone would come to some or your conclusions. But I'm not a guy that likes grudges...too tired after a 32 hour drive home for that. I'd rather you check us out in person...I'm sure we'd get along like peas and carrots.
just saw this post. listen, I'm sorry to have offended you. calling your creation a joke was harsh, and for that I apologize. I admire you guys for your creativity, and the fact that you said that you built this to get attention for your business explains this misunderstanding. fabricating a custom lift (especially on an vehicle with an independent suspension front and rear) is not an easy task, so you have my respect with regards to your capabilities.

however, I hope you can at least understand why I would call modifications such as a snorkel on that truck a joke. four-wheeling has been a hobby of mine for about 15 years, and I'm much more familiar with off road vehicles than performance cars. I know full well what it takes for a vehicle to be competent off road, and the reality is that a snorkel would be one of the last modifications you would make to that car if your goal was to make it trail worthy. a snorkel on an X5 is as useless as tits on a boar. there are so many more important pieces of hardware that you're missing (not least of which is a 4-wheel drive transfer case), and it would be so expensive to add those that it makes absolutely no sense and becomes a pointless endeavor (hence my comments for calling it a joke). an X5 is just a terrible platform for an off-road vehicle.

having said that, I now understand why you've made such modifications (i.e. to showcase your talents), so I hope you can accept my apologies for the misunderstanding. I'm an asshole, but I try not to be when I can.

for what it's worth, I think it looks badass. maybe I'll swing by sometime to see your operation.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #77
MikeM5
MikeM5's Avatar
Philippines
36
Rep
910
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, BRZ, X5 4.8is
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (6)

i love Fluid's X5...been following the build on their blog for awhile. still gotta see/hear that thing in person sometime.

that fire orange/black P43S combo is just AWESOME. nice photos, guys!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #78
aj@fluid
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: X5 Prototype
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
just saw this post. listen, I'm sorry to have offended you. calling your creation a joke was harsh, and for that I apologize. I admire you guys for your creativity, and the fact that you said that you built this to get attention for your business explains this misunderstanding. fabricating a custom lift (especially on an vehicle with an independent suspension front and rear) is not an easy task, so you have my respect with regards to your capabilities.

however, I hope you can at least understand why I would call modifications such as a snorkel on that truck a joke. four-wheeling has been a hobby of mine for about 15 years, and I'm much more familiar with off road vehicles than performance cars. I know full well what it takes for a vehicle to be competent off road, and the reality is that a snorkel would be one of the last modifications you would make to that car if your goal was to make it trail worthy. a snorkel on an X5 is as useless as tits on a boar. there are so many more important pieces of hardware that you're missing (not least of which is a 4-wheel drive transfer case), and it would be so expensive to add those that it makes absolutely no sense and becomes a pointless endeavor (hence my comments for calling it a joke). an X5 is just a terrible platform for an off-road vehicle.

having said that, I now understand why you've made such modifications (i.e. to showcase your talents), so I hope you can accept my apologies for the misunderstanding. I'm an asshole, but I try not to be when I can.

for what it's worth, I think it looks badass. maybe I'll swing by sometime to see your operation.
I could tell by the technical detail of your comments that you knew more than a thing or two about off roading. Sounds like I know where to go when we want to make this a legitimate off road X5. I get the same way when it comes to superbike racing...I like to see what works and improves performance. I gotta respect a guy like you.

Like I said, would love to have you come by and take a tour of the facility. The invitation is always open even if only for curiousity. Fellow car enthusiast, on or off road, are welcome anytime. Just ask for AJ (Aaron).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #79
Brosef
Colonel
Brosef's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,259
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj@fluid View Post
I could tell by the technical detail of your comments that you knew more than a thing or two about off roading. Sounds like I know where to go when we want to make this a legitimate off road X5. I get the same way when it comes to superbike racing...I like to see what works and improves performance. I gotta respect a guy like you.

Like I said, would love to have you come by and take a tour of the facility. The invitation is always open even if only for curiousity. Fellow car enthusiast, on or off road, are welcome anytime. Just ask for AJ (Aaron).
I saw from your website that you're in Plainfield. I head out that way from time to time to go shooting at MegaSport, so maybe I'll swing by on my next trip.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #80
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

For the record, I think that X5 is badass! It was shooting fireballs out the pipes when revving at MFest! I mean it is not an off-road animal but pretty cool for your SUV...... oops I mean SAV!

Can you post up a video of the fireballs at night?


Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #81
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
NYCMCBM3's Avatar
No_Country
50
Rep
2,718
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Ozone Park,NY

iTrader: (13)

where is M Fest held??
__________________
2012 MCB///M3
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #82
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
where is M Fest held??
Vegas Baby!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #83
aj@fluid
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: X5 Prototype
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
For the record, I think that X5 is badass! It was shooting fireballs out the pipes when revving at MFest! I mean it is not an off-road animal but pretty cool for your SUV...... oops I mean SAV!

Can you post up a video of the fireballs at night?


Thank you!

This is a post on our site about mid way through the build... Hope you enjoy... and yes... like the rest of the vehicle...fire out the exhaust is just because "we can" so please don't ask for a "point" as I probably couldn't explain it.

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/6123

Thanks again....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #84
BruinE90
Private First Class
BruinE90's Avatar
Taiwan
1
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

more info on the wheels please...are these vmr v710 in 20s gunmetal?

thanks

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #85
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
anthony @ eas's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
3,617
Posts


 
Drives: R56 Cooper S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinE90 View Post
more info on the wheels please...are these vmr v710 in 20s gunmetal?

thanks
Yes, those are Gunmetal VMR V710s
F: 20x9.0 et20
R: 20x10.0 et25
__________________
Anthony M. | european auto source (eas)
email: anthony@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x25

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mfest, models, photos, track, vegas

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST