BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

05-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #23
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

Drives: '13 E92 M3, Santorini Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Email the organizer and ask if you can be wait listed. The reason it's closed right now is because we don't have enough instructors. Another call-out to instructors has been issued and we may pick up a handful before the event starts.

If she says no, then it means *I* am in for a very long day that Friday...
E-mail sent to Delight.....crossing fingers.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #24
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

She had room for me

Gotta handle the NT05s, alignment and maybe camber plates.

See you fellas there!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 02:52 AM   #25
aus
Major General
Rep

Drives: Odysse

GREAT NEWS!!

What plates are you looking at?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #26
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

I'm researching as fast as I can. Given my limited track experience, the fact that I'll track my car 6-10 times a year max, OEM warranty (I'm leasing) and cost, I'm wondering if the Dinan plates are the way to go. I'd prefer adjustable plates, but those come in cool colors and are probably a dead giveaway at the dealership, no?

Is there a camber plate only solution out there that doesn't raise the front ride height?

Some of the adjustable camber plates run nearly $500! At that point I might as well go with adjustable coilovers with camber plates. I have EDC though, so then I run into issues there I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
aus
Major General
Rep

Post the question in the suspension section for more input. I know I met a guy at AAA last year with a 335 who only had plates on his car and he was very happy with his tire wear after getting them. I don't remember which ones he had.
Vorslag is probably the most popular.

6-10 times a year is pretty good. You may want to look into a Lockton Affinity track insurance plant too. They have packages from 6-10 event's a year with an event running anything from 1-3 days. I'll probably get 4 in, so it's a wash since that's about the price of the 6 event package.

Buttonwillow is coming up, though in July!!!

And HOPEFULLY, the LA Chapter will be able to do Willow Springs again- hopefully before the time change for an extra hour of track time.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #28
arter
collecting toys
Rep

Drives: M3 MCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
I'm researching as fast as I can. Given my limited track experience, the fact that I'll track my car 6-10 times a year max, OEM warranty (I'm leasing) and cost, I'm wondering if the Dinan plates are the way to go. I'd prefer adjustable plates, but those come in cool colors and are probably a dead giveaway at the dealership, no?
I
The dealership is not going to care if you have camber plates on a car until trade-in time. go for it
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #29
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

Moved the camber plate discussion to this new thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538130
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #30
Peter Griffin
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

Signed up! Just picked up the e90 and super excited for my first track event with this car!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #31
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

See you guys there!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #32
robspec
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2010 e92 m3

im in and taking my mini,see you guys at the track
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #33
aus
Major General
Rep

Lots of E9x M3's there. Great event. Too bad it wasn't 2 days.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #34
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
Rep

Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2013 Veloster Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post

Buttonwillow July 2-3rd.
Then why do you have $3,000 worth of suspension mods on your car?
Quote:
-Overheard at the last B****rfest.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #35
aus
Major General
Rep

I'm really trying but the wife is finally putting up a lot if resistance since I went up for Laguna Seca. It would have been easier if Laguna was last and I could take the family since they'd be out of school.

I'll introduce myself next time HACK. I finally know who you are in that B meeting.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #36
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
Rep

I remember they used to have a huge firework show up in Lake Isabella every year (yes I grew up in nearby Bakersfield) and it's got some really nice family stuff to do. Isabella is about 1.5 hours away from Buttonwillow. Some decent campgrounds and some low level rapid on Kern river if you need help convincing the missus. Do the DE on Saturday/Sunday, they can stay in Bakersfield if they need better accommodation, then drive out Sunday night to Lake Isabella.

I don't bite. Much. Next time stop by and say hi!
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #37
aus
Major General
Rep

You guys had a track session to go to, and I'm not going to hold anyone up for that. You guys only get one.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #38
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

I was surprised with the mix of cars for the D and DX group with so many M3's. I expected more 335i's. The GT-R from NY was surprising too.
      06-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #39
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

It was a good time!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #40
aus
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
It was a good time!
Except for my almost wipe out. I think you were the only one who saw it. Good thing I forgot to turn on the cameral Brian had just put in my car.

Sorry about the mess I left.

Buttonwillow? I have a tentative yes from the wife, though it may cost me a purse- hopefuly something like Cate Spade and not LV.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #41
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
Rep

Quote:
You guys had a track session to go to, and I'm not going to hold anyone up for that. You guys only get one.
Don't worry man, I'm not here for the track time. Although I did manage to squeeze in 4 Friday.
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #42
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Except for my almost wipe out. I think you were the only one who saw it. Good thing I forgot to turn on the cameral Brian had just put in my car.

Sorry about the mess I left.

Buttonwillow? I have a tentative yes from the wife, though it may cost me a purse- hopefuly something like Cate Spade and not LV.

Yeah, you were right behind me and I saw a cloud of dust and then you sideways. Glad there was no damage to your car. I guess you were pushing it! There were some pebbles, nothing major. It forced me to learn another way around that turn, and I think it's just as fast as the other line.

Buttonwillow is not happening for me unless the wife wants to spend our anniversary watching me haul ass.....ha! I'll ask anyway though.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #43
aus
Major General
Rep

That might be a tough one to get by the wife. "Honey, don't you want to spend our anniversary in Bakersfield?" You'd have a better chance at Laguna Seca or Infineon.

What's messing with my head was I didn't think I was pushing it there. I caught up to you on the braking zone off the oval- making use of the Stoptech's. Otherwise you were hauling ass!! I think I gave a little too much throttle exiting and then caught the rear end too late. I've learned from it.

Good luck with Buttonwillow.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #44
chili cheese
Captain
Rep

Aus, what would you say the fun factor is at Buttonwillow? Does it blow AAA away?
Appreciate 0