BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #45
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4rings View Post
Are you kidding me? the GT2 RS is clearly more of a "drivers" car than an LFA. I'm not sure what your definition of a "drivers" car is but the GT2 RS's performance is much more dependent on the skill of the driver than is the LFA. Not to mention the Porsche has much much much less electronics. The LFA may seem great and its individual components are nice and all, but when you put them all in a package the performance is lacking for a 375k car.
I have driven neither...but from what I have experienced...any car with a turbo charged engine is simply not as responsive as anaturally aspirated engine that has light components.

The LF-A engine is so damn responsive, it needs a digital tach...that to me is a large part of being a driver's cars...how quickly it responds to inputs.

The proper driver's car in the Porsche lineup is the GT3.



Just wish the LF-A could handle a manual tranny. That engine is right up there with the Carrera GT's...though it is alittle late.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #46
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I would much rather have the Lamborghini LP700-4 for 375k.
Everyone would.


LF-A is probably a much better driving experience than the heavy LP700-4 or even the Murci.




LF-A isn't about status, beauty, or track time....it doesn't do too well in those categories for the price. Its about the feel, and the interaction with the driver. There I assume it shines.


Like a Porsche Gt3....not the fastest car out there...but def the most connected.



You guys need to define what you're analyzing when you compare cars before you start whipping out and measuring the length of your cocks.

THe Veyron is a horrible track car but has great straight line speed and status. Is the Gt3 more involving than a Veryon? Yes. IS the VEyron about track time? NO. So don't bloody start talking about VEyron track times.


Same here, LF-A is about the driving experience not pure speed or horsepower numbers...because it really doesn't shine there for the price.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #47
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Everyone would.


LF-A is probably a much better driving experience than the heavy LP700-4 or even the Murci.




LF-A isn't about status, beauty, or track time....it doesn't do too well in those categories for the price. Its about the feel, and the interaction with the driver. There I assume it shines.


Like a Porsche Gt3....not the fastest car out there...but def the most connected.



You guys need to define what you're analyzing when you compare cars before you start whipping out and measuring the length of your cocks.

THe Veyron is a horrible track car but has great straight line speed and status. Is the Gt3 more involving than a Veryon? Yes. IS the VEyron about track time? NO. So don't bloody start talking about VEyron track times.


Same here, LF-A is about the driving experience not pure speed or horsepower numbers...because it really doesn't shine there for the price.
If the LF-A is about Status...then it doesn't have ANYTHING on the Lamborghini. Sorry, I don't buy your argument. Yes, the car is amazing but I would never own one if I had the money simply because I'd much rather have the Lambo due to 1. Heritage. 2. Balance(Mid-Engined) 3. Speed. 4. Most importantly, IT LOOKS AMAZING! while the LF-a Looks like fart. It smokes the LF-A in every regard. Performance, Looks, Sex Appeal, Beauty, and Status. The LP700-4 destroys the LF-A in pretty much everything.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-16-2011 at 04:24 PM.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #48
330CIZHP
Major
 
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (0)

http://video-player.edmunds.com/serv...d=906322289001

__________________
""A great sounding, responsive, high-revving, naturally aspirated engine is part of the DNA of a thoroughbred sports car. No two ways about it."

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 02:32 AM.
330CIZHP is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #49
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The ignorance is strong with this one.
+1
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #50
330CIZHP
Major
 
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (0)

Looks stunning in red. I would take red in a heart beat:



For people who want to hear the same LFA make some more music at the Long Beach Grand Prix Series with Scott Pruett (April 16th):




Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 11:58 AM.
330CIZHP is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #51
blue2fire
Brigadier General
 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
LF-A isn't about status, beauty, or track time....it doesn't do too well in those categories for the price. Its about the feel, and the interaction with the driver. There I assume it shines.
Then why is Lexus handpicking Celebrities to sell them to?

I dont know what the deal is with this car, it has a great engine but the rest of it is so meh. Why do people need to keep on promoting/defending/flaming it?
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
blue2fire is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #52
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Then why is Lexus handpicking Celebrities to sell them to?

I dont know what the deal is with this car, it has a great engine but the rest of it is so meh. Why do people need to keep on promoting/defending/flaming it?
They are not. It has come to light since the cars started reaching actual consumers, that they are not sold out and the selection process that was supposed to be so difficult to get through was a sham. Whoever had the bucks to pay for it, got one.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #53
Raine
Captain
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 843
iTrader: (3)

Both cars are hot.
__________________
AW/Coral Red | Premium | Sport | HK Sound | AA Tune | E93 M3 Front Sway | BMW Performance Exhaust
Raine is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #54
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
 
michaelthepsycho's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 1,632
iTrader: (4)

Oh noes!!! Jawpawnese made gewd cah. It can compete with my dream car that I'll never own; therefore I must bash it to feel better about my bench-racing fleet! It's as pathetic as people who are die hard sports team fans. How do they even relate to you? You'll never play in the NFL / NBA / MLB and you'll most likely never own the cars that you say will beat the LFA. Haha, life sucks.
__________________
Former car
2011 BMW 335i Step - Montego Blue / Chestnut Brown
michaelthepsycho is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #55
330CIZHP
Major
 
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (0)

That is the big misconception. Most of the LFA owners are regular people who never owned exotics every before in their lives.

The guy who was featured taking delivery of his black LFA on the WGN news in Chicago said he never had owned a supercar in his life and this was his first time buying one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
They are not. It has come to light since the cars started reaching actual consumers, that they are not sold out and the selection process that was supposed to be so difficult to get through was a sham. Whoever had the bucks to pay for it, got one.

Rest is so meh? The chassis, suspension and handling dynamics of the LFA have proven to be atleast as good as its engine, if not better. There are not many cars that can pull 1.5 g lateral acceleration on the VBOX in corners with street daily driven tires without electronic aids like side-to-side torque vectoring differential. I could imagine what it would be like on the track with R compound tires on LFA. Also, only Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT used similarly extensive carbon fiber on them.

I personally love the styling and proportions of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I dont know what the deal is with this car, it has a great engine but the rest of it is so meh. Why do people need to keep on promoting/defending/flaming it?

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 03:28 PM.
330CIZHP is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #56
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
If the LF-A is about Status...then it doesn't have ANYTHING on the Lamborghini. Sorry, I don't buy your argument. Yes, the car is amazing but I would never own one if I had the money simply because I'd much rather have the Lambo due to 1. Heritage. 2. Balance(Mid-Engined) 3. Speed. 4. Most importantly, IT LOOKS AMAZING! while the LF-a Looks like fart. It smokes the LF-A in every regard. Performance, Looks, Sex Appeal, Beauty, and Status. The LP700-4 destroys the LF-A in pretty much everything.
I said it isn't about status.


Its about the drive.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #57
A4rings
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 Space 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SBizzle

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
I'm guessing you've driven both?
Yea i own both obviously and many more...
A4rings is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #58
A4rings
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 Space 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SBizzle

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
I have driven neither...but from what I have experienced...any car with a turbo charged engine is simply not as responsive as anaturally aspirated engine that has light components.

The LF-A engine is so damn responsive, it needs a digital tach...that to me is a large part of being a driver's cars...how quickly it responds to inputs.

The proper driver's car in the Porsche lineup is the GT3.



Just wish the LF-A could handle a manual tranny. That engine is right up there with the Carrera GT's...though it is alittle late.
lfa 552 hp 7:38 375K
CGT 605hp 7:28 440k

Last edited by A4rings; 04-18-2011 at 11:38 PM.
A4rings is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #59
A4rings
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 Space 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SBizzle

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
That is the big misconception. Most of the LFA owners are regular people who never owned exotics every before in their lives.

The guy who was featured taking delivery of his black LFA on the WGN news in Chicago said he never had owned a supercar in his life and this was his first time buying one.




Rest is so meh? The chassis, suspension and handling dynamics of the LFA have proven to be atleast as good as its engine, if not better. There are not many cars that can pull 1.5 g lateral acceleration on the VBOX in corners with street daily driven tires without electronic aids like side-to-side torque vectoring differential. I could imagine what it would be like on the track with R compound tires on LFA. Also, only Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT used similarly extensive carbon fiber on them.

I personally love the styling and proportions of the car.
If all the components are so great why is the car so slow?

mp4-12c makes the LFA look like a horrible deal. the only thing the LFA has on the Maca is looks and 150k
A4rings is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #60
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
 
wisesoul's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

Posts: 1,629
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4rings View Post
If all the components are so great why is the car so slow?

mp4-12c makes the LFA look like a horrible deal. the only thing the LFA has on the Maca is looks and 150k
If you are in the market for this car, you are most likely not considering performance or price as the deciding factor. Maybe it's the fact that this is perhaps the most passionate and emotional representation of what Japan can do with a car that also possesses class and reliability that those with the cash can appreciate. There will always be something faster out there, and I think Lexus knew that. Its numbers may be average for a supercar, but I have no doubt the owners will be having fun flogging the LF-A on some backroads
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
wisesoul is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #61
330CIZHP
Major
 
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
If you are in the market for this car, you are most likely not considering performance or price as the deciding factor. Maybe it's the fact that this is perhaps the most passionate and emotional representation of what Japan can do with a car that also possesses class and reliability that those with the cash can appreciate. There will always be something faster out there, and I think Lexus knew that. Its numbers may be average for a supercar, but I have no doubt the owners will be having fun flogging the LF-A on some backroads
Well said. It is more of an M3 ZCP vs Boss 302 Mustang debate we have on this board.

Maclaren MPC is one of those cars that is built with a single-focus in mind. Track performance and everything is completely secondary.

Lexus LFA is a no-compromise supercar where it has every luxury and amenity one can find on a exotic supercar. It is not a single-purpose supercar where fastest lap times mean everything. It even comes with street tires for daily driving rather than more seriously sticky rubber that most other supercars wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Hate to tell you, but as far as I know, the LFA didnt run that time.

Also, think about this. The LFA has all the latest of technology (suspension/transmission/tires/etc) in the past 10 years since the CGT was made, yet it cant match it from all the statistical, qualitative numbers Ive seen.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/p...exus_lf-a.html

As others have said, cars like the CGT, Enzo, LFA arent bought by people who nitpick over .02 seconds, they buy them because they are pinnacles of engineering.

Like I posted before, LFA has lapped the ENTIRE Nurburgring race track in 7:38 with two people onboard. Not just the 0.8 KM shorter Northern loop used in the Sport Auto tests. There is no reasons to doubt it is a solid 7:2xs car.


Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 05:32 PM.
330CIZHP is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #62
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
 
DASHOCKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,857
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to DASHOCKER
I ordered a White Lexus LF-A. It should arrive within a week This will have to do since I am too poor to buy the actual car. I'd rather keep my house. Highly recommended model from AutoArt.

__________________
2007 335 coupe Alpine white, steptronic, sportpack, etc. (gone)
2006 X3 3.0 steptronic Titanium Silver, 2009 E92 335xdrive, next.... Caddy CTS_V! 13 Lincoln MKZ? hmmm.
DASHOCKER is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #63
330CIZHP
Major
 
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (0)

That's swwwweet. Wow!!! Look at the engine. The attention to detail is crazy. I will be buying one in red or blue as well. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
I ordered a White Lexus LF-A. It should arrive within a week This will have to do since I am too poor to buy the actual car. I'd rather keep my house. Highly recommended model from AutoArt.

330CIZHP is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #64
bdkevoIX
Captain
 
bdkevoIX's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 740
iTrader: (0)

I'm tired of people saying "IF" I had the money, I would rather buy an X car.
Face it,
those who are able to afford an LFA most likely have not only millions of dollars in assets, but more than likely 10s of millions, if not 100s of millions. They don't care about the dollar/performance, badge or class. They simply like the exclusivity factor of the LFA.

The vast majority of those who say I would rather buy an X car will never set their foot in a 300k+ exotic, so please STFU already.
__________________
03 Golf TDI w/ r32 conversion - 120bph/40mpg ftw for now..
06 Evo IX MR - 500whp,,,sold.....
bdkevoIX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #65
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideTheWhip View Post
I'll disagree. If it was about the drive, Lexus wouldn't hand pick who gets it and who doesn't. When Paris Hilton gets one for her birthday, that proves it's not about the drive.
Pay attention.

I already posted about this. The selection process was about who could afford one. There was no "selectivity" about who got one, their celebrity status or how they were going to drive it.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #66
RioGrandeValley
Major
 
RioGrandeValley's Avatar
 
Drives: E92/E90 Depends on Mood
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Irving, TX

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

I'll take a simple 997.2 Turbo S with European delivery any day over the L brand.
I wonder if L has Japanese delivery??
Nope, no sir, no thanks. Never Ever.
As all other Lexus and Toyota cars, ugly as Hell.

Porsche. There is No Substitute.

Tomato
RioGrandeValley is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST