BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: My favorite M car is ______ ?
The first M division car - 3.0CSL aka BATMOBILE 5 1.80%
First M labeled car - E26 M1 7 2.52%
First M for mass production - 1979 E12 M535i 0 0%
E24 M6 3 1.08%
E28 M5 1 0.36%
E34 M5 3 1.08%
E39 M5 13 4.68%
E60/E61 M5 3 1.08%
E30 M3 47 16.91%
E36 M3 10 3.60%
E46 M3 36 12.95%
E90/E92/E93 M3 121 43.53%
E63/E64 M6 2 0.72%
E36/7 (roadster) E36/8 (coupe) MZ3 0 0%
E85/E86 M roadster/coupe Z4M 7 2.52%
E81 1er M 5 1.80%
E70 X5M 1 0.36%
E71 X6M 0 0%
Honestly cannot decide 11 3.96%
Upcoming F10/F30/F-whatever 3 1.08%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #45
gr8one88
tru blu
 
Drives: 2005 Individual M3 ESTYblau
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wheaton, Il

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
u know how this forum is biased?
the fact that they think this pig of a car is the best M ever...
hahahah
worddd. its aggressive looking that makes them cool though. and its the fastest m3 that makes them even cooler. but never mind the fact that its less fun to drive than almost every other car on the poll that doesnt matter. its all about the status of barely being able to finance the new m3 that is in all the magazines!! that is what makes them cool the fact that they can afford to pay like 5-6 hundred a month and own like 10% of the car they drive in their feeble attempt for attention. ouch. even i can feel the burn from that one and i drive the greatest m car in history an e46.
gr8one88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #46
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

There is nothing special about the E9X compared to previous M cars (and this is coming from someone who wants one in 2-3 years). Having the last high-revving N/A M engine hardly makes it noteworthy. Cars like the E39 M5, E30 M3... those are the ones that should be in museums.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #47
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

E30 M3 or ban.
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #48
KTM505SX
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 6MT ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Stevenson Ranch,CA

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

1.e92 M3 Gts

2.e46 M3 Csl

3.e92 M3 :d:d:d
KTM505SX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #49
03BeastCharmer
Major
 
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,405
iTrader: (2)

OK..... Who voted for the last M6?????

I voted for E39 M5 as it was my 1st M car, and it's such a great car. I think EVO rated it as the 3rd best M car (E30 M3 1st, E92 M3 2nd).

My wife has an E30 M3 and it's fun every once in awhile, but I like power and new stuff
__________________

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3
03BeastCharmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #50
gthberg
Private
 
gthberg's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 IB/FR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC

Posts: 92
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e90 M3  [0.00]
Gotta go with the e24. The engine is a blast, and I think it's one of (if not the) sexiest car BMW has ever turned out.

Plus I'm a bit biased.....
Attached Images
 
__________________
gthberg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 12:31 AM   #51
malter2.0
Banned
 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 908
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
up
malter2.0 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #52
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

You forgot M3 Tiger Edition, M3 Orange Edition, M3 your mom edition, M3 Imyourfather edition...The list goes on and on...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #53
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

My vote went to the e39 M5.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #54
Rshane
M-Flight Member
 
Rshane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (0)

I voted X5M...I felt bad, it wasn't getting any love.
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue M3// Black extended Novillo w/ Blue Grey Aluminum trim/DCT/ZTP/ZCW/ZPP/ZCP Premium Sound ///Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust

2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew
Rshane is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #55
Rshane
M-Flight Member
 
Rshane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
There is nothing special about the E9X compared to previous M cars (and this is coming from someone who wants one in 2-3 years). Having the last high-revving N/A M engine hardly makes it noteworthy. Cars like the E39 M5, E30 M3... those are the ones that should be in museums.
You mean besides the first V8 in the M3...first available DCT option, etc. Only time will tell how popular the current M3 will be, you would hardly put a car that is still in production into a "museum" I do see your point on the E30 M3 (never drove a E39 M5 though, so I will take your word on it )
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue M3// Black extended Novillo w/ Blue Grey Aluminum trim/DCT/ZTP/ZCW/ZPP/ZCP Premium Sound ///Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust

2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew
Rshane is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #56
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

No love for E36 M3? Booo!!!
__________________
B
M
W
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #57
HBspeed
Lieutenant
 
HBspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 579
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1. E46

2. E30

These two are very close and I think it is a big drop off down to the next entries. The E46 barely edges out the E30 because it is and always will be the gold standard. It was totally unrivaled in its day: A raw and viceral sports car that is one of the most tracked cars around, while at the same time a gorgeous and quasi-exotic luxury coupe. The E46 also wins by a mile when it comes to personalization. Standard exterior colors like Laguna Seca Blue, Phoenix Yellow, etc. Standard interior Colors like Cinnamon, Imola Red, etc. The E30 only had 4 total exterior options and we here in the US were forced to have a sunroof. Also the E46 CSL is the greatest street car BMW has yet built IMHO.

The E30 is so focused and so pure however that it is truly the essence of what the M brand means, or more accurately used to mean. The E30 is less compromised than the E46. It is closer related to its racing form than any other M car, bar the much more exotic M1. The reason I can't place it ahead of the E46 is because it really isn't the original or purest BMW. The 1600 and the 2002 are, yet are unfairly excluded because they predate M.

The E92 M3 isn't even in the top 5 all time M cars. It being the far and away number 1 in this poll just reinforces why we will keep getting softer and more bloated M cars in the future.
HBspeed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #58
Stainless 45
Lieutenant
 
Stainless 45's Avatar
 
Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 441
iTrader: (1)

M8.

Though they never produced it, and there is only one, that car was so far ahead of it's time it would still be considered a modern marvel.
__________________
2011.5 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. Black Edition Grilles, No Keyhole or Reflectors, Rear Fogs Enabled, Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, 255x285's. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Stainless 45 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #59
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

M3 GT2
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #60
Seattle S65B40
Major
 
Seattle S65B40's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PNW

Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
1. E46

2. E30

These two are very close and I think it is a big drop off down to the next entries. The E46 barely edges out the E30 because it is and always will be the gold standard. It was totally unrivaled in its day: A raw and viceral sports car that is one of the most tracked cars around, while at the same time a gorgeous and quasi-exotic luxury coupe. The E46 also wins by a mile when it comes to personalization. Standard exterior colors like Laguna Seca Blue, Phoenix Yellow, etc. Standard interior Colors like Cinnamon, Imola Red, etc. The E30 only had 4 total exterior options and we here in the US were forced to have a sunroof. Also the E46 CSL is the greatest street car BMW has yet built IMHO.

The E30 is so focused and so pure however that it is truly the essence of what the M brand means, or more accurately used to mean. The E30 is less compromised than the E46. It is closer related to its racing form than any other M car, bar the much more exotic M1. The reason I can't place it ahead of the E46 is because it really isn't the original or purest BMW. The 1600 and the 2002 are, yet are unfairly excluded because they predate M.

The E92 M3 isn't even in the top 5 all time M cars. It being the far and away number 1 in this poll just reinforces why we will keep getting softer and more bloated M cars in the future.
__________________

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)
Seattle S65B40 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #61
IFX
Banned
 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

Posts: 2,538
iTrader: (1)

g, i wonder what car will win this poll on e90post.

i'm puzzled.
IFX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #62
bmwboi
Private
 
Drives: X5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: My Garage

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
1. E46

2. E30

These two are very close and I think it is a big drop off down to the next entries. The E46 barely edges out the E30 because it is and always will be the gold standard. It was totally unrivaled in its day: A raw and viceral sports car that is one of the most tracked cars around, while at the same time a gorgeous and quasi-exotic luxury coupe. The E46 also wins by a mile when it comes to personalization. Standard exterior colors like Laguna Seca Blue, Phoenix Yellow, etc. Standard interior Colors like Cinnamon, Imola Red, etc. The E30 only had 4 total exterior options and we here in the US were forced to have a sunroof. Also the E46 CSL is the greatest street car BMW has yet built IMHO.

The E30 is so focused and so pure however that it is truly the essence of what the M brand means, or more accurately used to mean. The E30 is less compromised than the E46. It is closer related to its racing form than any other M car, bar the much more exotic M1. The reason I can't place it ahead of the E46 is because it really isn't the original or purest BMW. The 1600 and the 2002 are, yet are unfairly excluded because they predate M.

The E92 M3 isn't even in the top 5 all time M cars. It being the far and away number 1 in this poll just reinforces why we will keep getting softer and more bloated M cars in the future.
Man I miss my e46
bmwboi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #63
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

Doesn't everyone know in polls like this it's best to choose the oldest or rarest model? That's how you prove to the community that you are the mist hardcore fan and really know your history.
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #64
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

If I thought a e30 or e46 was a better car I would've bought one instead of my second e92 and saved a bunch of money.
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #65
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (12)

Where is the CSL and the GTR...
fooking monsters in history and its not up here
FAIL
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #66
S.hasan546
Captain
 
Drives: 1M, Exige, S2k, C250, Pilot
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island

Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
You mean besides the first V8 in the M3...first available DCT option, etc.
v8? who cares when it's also the heaviest m3 ever. first DCT? hahahhaha seriously? if that is a bonus than the m3 heritage has been seriously let down. F*** DCT or any auto for that fact. If you want a real sports car drive stick. auto is boring.
S.hasan546 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST