BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #23
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
What year are you looking at? And hopefully not as a first bike.



I got mine for $8,200 in the US!



Love the S1000RR but I'd take a 1198 or a CBR1000RR over it any day. That thing looks hideous aesthetically.
I just rid of the CBR1000rr, it felt way too cramped. Plus they are notorious oil burners.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #24
Razzy
Lieutenant
 
Razzy's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 413
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
We're just razzing you Razzy


But that said, I dont believe on better body positioning excuse. It just means you're not going fast enough on the turn to go to maximum lean, and better body positioning should still allow you to go to maximum lean. I know it's dangerous to do when riding on the streets, but that doesn't stop me from taking 20mph interstate exits at triple to quadruple the posted speed, lol


So I guess you graduated from your 250R?
riding hard on the street, right on Thats how i low sided last year on my 250r whilst leaned over in a banked roundabout. As far as graduating, I'll let you be the judge. I had her for 2 seasons.

Here's my shitty old digital camera taped on as a home made camera mount.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@e2design View Post
haha dont sweat it it's more of a inner sport bike joke =P we say it to make fun of posers and squids with icon vests that just ride around doing wheelies all day..

it was just funny cause you zoomed in on it haha =) but seriously, grats hope you enjoy riding x]
haha i guess i asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
What year are you looking at? And hopefully not as a first bike.



I got mine for $8,200 in the US!



Love the S1000RR but I'd take a 1198 or a CBR1000RR over it any day. That thing looks hideous aesthetically.
Looks are subjective i presume. Hell if i had a choice, i wudnt mind either the 1198 or the S1000RR, but since ive sat on the RR and the rave reviews its been getting, I favour it more. That's not to say the 1198 isnt an impeccable bike. As far as the CBR, not really my cup of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney2K4 View Post
what car is in the background? 750i?
745i
Razzy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #25
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Meh I'm not feeling the stupid energy drink stickers. I'm sure that was an up charge to wear some brand name on your bike.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #26
Nutballa
Captain
 
Nutballa's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, Texas+ San Antonio

Posts: 789
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Nutballa Send a message via Yahoo to Nutballa
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Cool, I just got a BMW S1000rr in M colors with all options.

Winning
__________________
BMW FTW!

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.


Nutballa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #27
darwin316
Master Chief
 
darwin316's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NOVA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Nice vid, Razzy... hard to see the speedo when ur taking the turns though. You low-sided the 250R? You figured out what happened (gravel, wet, cold tires, beyond maximum lean, aggressive on the front brakes during a turn)?

You're gonna love the acceleration of the 600 but you'll definitely miss the nimbleness of the 250R. I love how forgiving a 250 bike is when going full throttle in a turn. That's something I cant risk on my 1000RR. At least you can still throw the 600 pretty easily in the turns. I miss my 600RR too.


btw, I did note your tach though...and you were barely on the powerband for that 250. When I had my 600RR, I was always riding on the powerband, which is 12-14K rpms.... not good on saving gas though
__________________
| 2009 E90 M3 | JZB | Black Leather, Carbon Leather | M-DCT | 19" OEM Wheels | Tech, Premium & Cold Packages | PDC | Alarm | Premium Sound | iPod Adapter |
| 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity| Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Dark Bamboo | Convenience, Tech & Cold Packages | HUD | Comfort Access | Premium Sound |

darwin316 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #28
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Here's mine:








My buddy just picked up a ZX-10R. They are pretty quick bikes!
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #29
darwin316
Master Chief
 
darwin316's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NOVA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Nice pic without a jacket.
__________________
| 2009 E90 M3 | JZB | Black Leather, Carbon Leather | M-DCT | 19" OEM Wheels | Tech, Premium & Cold Packages | PDC | Alarm | Premium Sound | iPod Adapter |
| 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity| Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Dark Bamboo | Convenience, Tech & Cold Packages | HUD | Comfort Access | Premium Sound |

darwin316 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #30
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Thank you. The bike came in a week early. I don't carry leathers on me all the time, FYI, since you're so judgmental.
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #31
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
Here's mine:


My buddy just picked up a ZX-10R. They are pretty quick bikes!
Nice!
Did you get all the options, nice fiber which one did you go with?

Don't be a squid and ride with no gear!
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #32
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Premium with ABS, DTC, and quick shifter.

The CF is Ilmberger, it's the best. It's the only CF company that is European TUV approved. I have much more coming, but I'm mostly excited about the Akrapovic Stubby coming!

I always always wear gear. I was at work when I received the phone call from the dealership saying my bike was in and they were closing within the hour. My house was on the other side of town and the dealership is in the middle. I didn't have time to go across town to pick up gear!
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #33
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
Premium with ABS, DTC, and quick shifter.

The CF is Ilmberger, it's the best. It's the only CF company that is European TUV approved. I have much more coming, but I'm mostly excited about the Akrapovic Stubby coming!

I always always wear gear. I was at work when I received the phone call from the dealership saying my bike was in and they were closing within the hour. My house was on the other side of town and the dealership is in the middle. I didn't have time to go across town to pick up gear!

Cool, thanks, I started reading up on CF and I heard that about Ilmberger.

What did you think of the CBR?
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #34
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Cool, thanks, I started reading up on CF and I heard that about Ilmberger.

What did you think of the CBR?
I've had a 2008 and 2009 CBR1000RR they are quick, but had oil consumption problems. The CBR only had roughly 178 horsepower, the S1000RR has 193 horsepower stock! This thing is the fastest and quickest land machine I've ever ridden/driven. Look what it did to this modified Zr1:



The acceleration is breathtaking and mind boggling. The only thing that can keep up with it is a Veyron Supersport.
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #35
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
I've had a 2008 and 2009 CBR1000RR they are quick, but had oil consumption problems. The CBR only had roughly 178 horsepower, the S1000RR has 193 horsepower stock! This thing is the fastest and quickest land machine I've ever ridden/driven. Look what it did to this modified Zr1:



The acceleration is breathtaking and mind boggling. The only thing that can keep up with it is a Veyron Supersport.
Amazing how many CBRs burn oil and now they just came out with a extended four year warranty due to possible crankshaft issues.

Can't wait till mine is broken in.

Did you see this

Topgear- BMW S1000RR vs Ariel Atom V8 Supercar
http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/58...upercar-wvideo
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #36
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Amazing how many CBRs burn oil and now they just came out with a extended four year warranty due to possible crankshaft issues.

Can't wait till mine is broken in.

Did you see this

Topgear- BMW S1000RR vs Ariel Atom V8 Supercar
http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/58...upercar-wvideo
Yes I actually saw that Top Gear episode when it was aired! Check out the S1K forums. There is so much information and great members as well!
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #37
Razzy
Lieutenant
 
Razzy's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 413
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
Nice vid, Razzy... hard to see the speedo when ur taking the turns though. You low-sided the 250R? You figured out what happened (gravel, wet, cold tires, beyond maximum lean, aggressive on the front brakes during a turn)?

You're gonna love the acceleration of the 600 but you'll definitely miss the nimbleness of the 250R. I love how forgiving a 250 bike is when going full throttle in a turn. That's something I cant risk on my 1000RR. At least you can still throw the 600 pretty easily in the turns. I miss my 600RR too.


btw, I did note your tach though...and you were barely on the powerband for that 250. When I had my 600RR, I was always riding on the powerband, which is 12-14K rpms.... not good on saving gas though
Yea, I low sided last year in the end of June. I presume there were many variables that could have contributed. drop in the pavement, too much lean angle for that specific turn etc. All of which could have been avoided I presume. There really no reason for me to be taking that slow as shit roundabout that aggressively. That's the problem with aggressive street riding. When you get it right its fuking amazing but just like the track depending on where your limit is, you risk mopping the floor. I know i did that day.

Good gear saved me, and so did some of the attentive drivers. Or i would have been ran over.
Razzy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #38
darwin316
Master Chief
 
darwin316's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NOVA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
Thank you. The bike came in a week early. I don't carry leathers on me all the time, FYI, since you're so judgmental.
hey man, at least you're wearing a helmet. last time I was in florida, i cant even count how many riders I saw on the interstate without one (same for hawaii).

Nice s1000rr though...I want one but the wifey doesnt
__________________
| 2009 E90 M3 | JZB | Black Leather, Carbon Leather | M-DCT | 19" OEM Wheels | Tech, Premium & Cold Packages | PDC | Alarm | Premium Sound | iPod Adapter |
| 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity| Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Dark Bamboo | Convenience, Tech & Cold Packages | HUD | Comfort Access | Premium Sound |

darwin316 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #39
darwin316
Master Chief
 
darwin316's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NOVA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
Yea, I low sided last year in the end of June. I presume there were many variables that could have contributed. drop in the pavement, too much lean angle for that specific turn etc. All of which could have been avoided I presume. There really no reason for me to be taking that slow as shit roundabout that aggressively. That's the problem with aggressive street riding. When you get it right its fuking amazing but just like the track depending on where your limit is, you risk mopping the floor. I know i did that day.

Good gear saved me, and so did some of the attentive drivers. Or i would have been ran over.
That's why I refuse to go squiding anymore... so many things can happen and you only have one skin layer.
__________________
| 2009 E90 M3 | JZB | Black Leather, Carbon Leather | M-DCT | 19" OEM Wheels | Tech, Premium & Cold Packages | PDC | Alarm | Premium Sound | iPod Adapter |
| 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity| Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Dark Bamboo | Convenience, Tech & Cold Packages | HUD | Comfort Access | Premium Sound |

darwin316 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #40
Bartman619
Captain
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SDCA

Posts: 678
iTrader: (2)

Nice bike.....after a year of riding the 600, you'll be wanting a 1000.
Bartman619 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #41
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
hey man, at least you're wearing a helmet. last time I was in florida, i cant even count how many riders I saw on the interstate without one (same for hawaii).

Nice s1000rr though...I want one but the wifey doesnt
Thank you sir. The wifey wasn't thrilled when I came home with it lol
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #42
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
That's why I refuse to go squiding anymore... so many things can happen and you only have one skin layer.
Actually you have 7.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #43
darwin316
Master Chief
 
darwin316's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NOVA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

I think you meant the skin is comprised of several layers, but none of those layers will help you from getting road rash
__________________
| 2009 E90 M3 | JZB | Black Leather, Carbon Leather | M-DCT | 19" OEM Wheels | Tech, Premium & Cold Packages | PDC | Alarm | Premium Sound | iPod Adapter |
| 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity| Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Dark Bamboo | Convenience, Tech & Cold Packages | HUD | Comfort Access | Premium Sound |

darwin316 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #44
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
I think you meant the skin is comprised of several layers, but none of those layers will help you from getting road rash
Yes and No. Won't be saving you from road rash.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST