BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #23
Dave07997S
Colonel
38
Rep
2,555
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
It is you who needs to get your head out of your buttocks and realize this
His friend was in the service..in the Army we use to say "get your head out of your 4 points of contact".

Dave
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
12:03
full collapse on impact
12:03's Avatar
6
Rep
325
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Utah

iTrader: (0)

MantoM3 cmon man, post some pics and answer some questions. I am backing you up here but you're not being much help
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #25
Erhan
Colonel
Erhan's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,466
Posts

 
Drives: Cooper S
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantoM3 View Post
Its Not Complete Bs, Why Would I Get On Here And Make Something Like This Up What Do I Have To Gain By Making Something Like This Up ? The World Is A Weird Place, And Whom Ever Said This Was Bs Is Even Stranger For Thinking That Something Like This Was Not Possible, Come On Folks Use Your Heads !
Why wouldn't you?
__________________
2011 MINI Cooper S
previous cars: E92 M3, Z4MC, Z4 Roadster, E36 328 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #26
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

you guys can't call out this as BS unless you've got cash on hand, and you're flying out there to Naples to check it out to get the engine shipped back.

He's just gauging for his friend to see how he can even locate people or parties who may be interested. He's not asking you whether you're interested, let those interested parties decide whether it's BS when they're ready to inspect the goods.

geez....

I agree with the posts to contact race shops, older model BMW forums for interest. Most people here already got a complete and functional engine. Also contact EAS and the other forum sponsors who own modification shops and gauge their interest.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #27
jmflukeiii
Captain
9
Rep
727
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

He should maybe post again and answer some of the questions people had...
__________________
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #28
stega
Captain
8
Rep
666
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boca Raton, FL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
you guys can't call out this as BS unless you've got cash on hand, and you're flying out there to Naples to check it out to get the engine shipped back.

He's just gauging for his friend to see how he can even locate people or parties who may be interested. He's not asking you whether you're interested, let those interested parties decide whether it's BS when they're ready to inspect the goods.

geez....

I agree with the posts to contact race shops, older model BMW forums for interest. Most people here already got a complete and functional engine. Also contact EAS and the other forum sponsors who own modification shops and gauge their interest.

Ok like I said previously. I have expressed interest. I live not too far from the guy. He has yet to answer my question about tranny type DCT or 6MT. I would also like to know the mileage on the engine. And what he was thinking for price. I have gotten no response whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #29
jmflukeiii
Captain
9
Rep
727
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stega View Post
Ok like I said previously. I have expressed interest. I live not too far from the guy. He has yet to answer my question about tranny type DCT or 6MT. I would also like to know the mileage on the engine. And what he was thinking for price. I have gotten no response whatsoever.
Exactly.
__________________
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #30
Sam@ModeCarbon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Sam@ModeCarbon's Avatar
105
Rep
4,134
Posts


 
Drives: using 3 pedals
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NY l LA

iTrader: (2)

more details..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #31
MantoM3
Private
2
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NAPLES

iTrader: (0)

I think everyone is missing something, I am not trying to sell anything ? I just was asking if there was a market for M3 drivetrains that was it, its not my car, and I am not trying to sell anything to anyone.

I understand that there are scams on car forums, but one thing will never change car forums are a ruff crowd across the board
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #32
SchnellM3
Digger
SchnellM3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
2,616
Posts

 
Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pa

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantoM3 View Post
I think everyone is missing something, I am not trying to sell anything ? I just was asking if there was a market for M3 drivetrains that was it, its not my car, and I am not trying to sell anything to anyone.

I understand that there are scams on car forums, but one thing will never change car forums are a ruff crowd across the board
Im not sure that anyone on here has missed anything? You were asking if there was a market to sell the parts assuming to help your "friend" get some of his money back. People on here asked about buying the parts, offered to buy and just to see pictures of the said parts. Nothing has been done in return except bogus replies that just beat around the bush.
__________________
2009 E92 M3 /// Melbourne Red /// Fox Red /// M DKG

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #33
stega
Captain
8
Rep
666
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boca Raton, FL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Im not sure that anyone on here has missed anything? You were asking if there was a market to sell the parts assuming to help your "friend" get some of his money back. People on here asked about buying the parts, offered to buy and just to see pictures of the said parts. Nothing has been done in return except bogus replies that just beat around the bush.
I agree. I don't get it. At least answer my transmission and milage question instead of defending yourself.

Im ur guy here. You said you had interest in selling. I am very close by, I can drive to inspect and pick up the parts. So whats the deal?

Don't wanna sell anymore? Thats ok just say so.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #34
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
183
Rep
13,842
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Anyone know if there's a market for what even a monkey knows is tens of thousands of dollars worth of German performance car parts? I just ask because my friend has some he wants to sell. I don't have any, and wasn't thinking about stealing any either. I also don't know anyone who wants to move any hot items like this. What's shady mean anyway? Is that like from a tree?

I was just asking because, you know, sometimes really expensive cars get wrecked and turns out that the parts aren't worth anything because, hell I do't know, maybe nobody is smart enough to know what to do with them or something? Don't ask me! Geez. All I know is there are junk yards full of Enzo V12s and McLaren suspension in my neck of the woods. The stuff just sits there and rots.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #35
tukluc
Private First Class
tukluc's Avatar
India
1
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kirkland, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Anyone know if there's a market for what even a monkey knows is tens of thousands of dollars worth of German performance car parts? I just ask because my friend has some he wants to sell. I don't have any, and wasn't thinking about stealing any either. I also don't know anyone who wants to move any hot items like this. What's shady mean anyway? Is that like from a tree?

I was just asking because, you know, sometimes really expensive cars get wrecked and turns out that the parts aren't worth anything because, hell I do't know, maybe nobody is smart enough to know what to do with them or something? Don't ask me! Geez. All I know is there are junk yards full of Enzo V12s and McLaren suspension in my neck of the woods. The stuff just sits there and rots.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #36
MantoM3
Private
2
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NAPLES

iTrader: (0)

The car is a 6 speed , the car is located in Lake city FL, has 34k I dont have pics of the car, its not my car ! I dont know what he wants for the engine or tranny. Like I said before he asked me to see if there was interest on the boards, So I did, was just being a good friend and following through with what I said I was going to do. I called him let him know I had a few interested parties, He never said anything else about it to me. That is it, I am not sending folks PM's or trying to get money from anyone.

I love that I can start a thread in search of valuable info about things that I am wanting to do to my car and no one post back, but this thread know has two pages and a bunch of drama. I came from the EVO world where the forums where full of pricks, and people looking for drama, thought it might be different on a BMW forum, guess not
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #37
birdbrain
Banned
1
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

anytime someone says something "for a friend" in this day and age with access to the internet reaching 90 year old women, how would a "friend" know about these "car forums" yet not be able to post himself if he really had an interest. So instead he asks you to post on a car forum (how did he know they exist? )

Sometimes things just do not add up. Not sure why anyone is defending the OP, clearly this is either pure rubbish or a scam of some sort.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #38
12:03
full collapse on impact
12:03's Avatar
6
Rep
325
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Utah

iTrader: (0)

How is this a scam? He didnt ask anyone to western union him money so the parts can be shipped, he didnt ask for anyones address so his assistant can accidentally cut them a check for too much money (its so easy, just cash the check and wire back the difference, you can keep a hundred for your time, my apologies sir)...

Also, many people own BMWs and dont post on forums. His "friend" could say something like "Im F***** man there isnt a market for this stuff" and he says "I post on a BMW board, I'll throw it out there who knows, maybe there is"

ALL THE GUY ASKED WAS: IS THERE A MARKET FOR THIS STUFF?

One person is QUICK to say "BS! in before anyone said BS on the interwebs!" and everyone else followed suit.

I would be more worried if he had posted something like

M3 engine and Tranny, $200 USD shipped!!!111 First come first serve! Hurry down to western union!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #39
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
183
Rep
13,842
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12:03 View Post
How is this a scam?
Bullshit != scam. Who cares what the real story is at this point? Scam or no scam, the guy is clearly not interested in backing up what he said with pictures or even more details, and was ignoring requests for more information from interested parties. Even if it is 100% legit at this point, who the F really cares? The thread offers no measurable value to anyone. There are obviously no parts available for sale. And the fact that used M3 parts have value was always absolutely elementary. We might as well be discussing how many eyes an alien has, and whether they would be interesting to study.

So, yeah, while its plenty fine for your belief system to allow you to back the guy up, its just as legitimate for the next guy to call BS. I don't know what sort of expectations any reasonable person can expect beyond that.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #40
MantoM3
Private
2
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NAPLES

iTrader: (0)

I am done with this thread, I am glade there is atleast one person that has half a brain ! my lord !
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #41
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
183
Rep
13,842
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantoM3 View Post
I am done with this thread, I am glade there is atleast one person that has half a brain ! my lord !
Adios.

And hey, maybe everybody else really does have just half a brain. I'm sure its us - not you. But you know what, I get by ok, and plus, at least the rest of us have a cell phone with a camera on it. I hope that some day that technology makes it to your neck of the woods.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #42
Lowest_Frequency
Audiophile
United_States
1
Rep
156
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 GT500
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

This simply sounds like a case of someone who doesn't have a ton of experience with forums/internet. People who are regulars are calling BS because it walks/sounds like it. OP doesn't understand why everyone is calling BS because he simply lacks experience in the matter. In the end, both parties blame other and we're left staring at each other's bird finger.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #43
tlr
Second Lieutenant
tlr's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Who cares if it's BS or not. Ignore it if you think it is. No one is being hurt by a possibly false forum post.

Also what motive would anyone have for posting this if it weren't true?

It's like you're trying to find drama.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST