BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #45
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
GreekMaverick's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
996
Posts

 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BMW View Post
Can you stop a bullet at 6'2" 225?
Registered 9mm is always in my car.......!
Something that would be required to have in few years in the cockpit's

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #46
shadowcoder
Captain
shadowcoder's Avatar
Greece
12
Rep
901
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Jose, CA / Orland Park, IL

iTrader: (1)

Malaka you got so lucky well done though cause you
were not drunk, you were rested and you had safe conditions.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #47
astra
Brigadier General
astra's Avatar
Australia
48
Rep
3,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to astra
i wish i was that lucky
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #48
klinkerklu
Respect my Authoritay
klinkerklu's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi ED
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi ED  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by logik06g35 View Post
him pulling over before hand def helped out in not getting a ticket...showing the officers repsect helps out bigtime.
even though they are j/o's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
+1, if he had kept on driving, I think the officer would've turn on the siren, pulled him over, and ripped him a new one!
Nice job!
Sometimes pulling over backfires, if the cop doesn't notice you did it though...

About a year ago, we politely pulled off onto the shoulder after seeing a CHP pull a Jturn to come back for us ( we were the only 2 vehicles on a long stretch of 2 lane road in the middle of nowhere up in Tahoe). We sit there sweating bullets, as he comes up behind, and blows past us! So we're thinking huh, what a coincidence there must have been another emergency at the same time we're going 35+mph over the limit. So after a few minutes we pull back onto the road, continue on our way, join another section of road where's there’s some traffic, and we see him heading back in our direction! He see us, his eyes bulge, his head swivels as we drive past (as we are like OH CRAP - as we pretend not to notice him) and he pulls over to turn around AGAIN. Luckily for us, by that time we were surrounded by traffic, and he couldn't safely chase us down again, which we realized and continued merrily along snuggled up between cars.
I can't imagine what he was thinking
__________________
330xi | 6-speed | Sparkling Graphite | Sport Package | iPod Adapter| BlackLines| F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #49
John 070
Lieutenant General
157
Rep
11,516
Posts

 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Well you have never being issued a ticket since you first got your license back in 1999
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #50
John 070
Lieutenant General
157
Rep
11,516
Posts

 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Registered 9mm is always in my car.......!
Something that would be required to have in few years in the cockpit's

Cheers.
Oh boy that's nice in MA too? You do like to play with fire. The test is whether your licensing state is as strict as MA, and in most cases, you go to jail. The minimum sentencing is mandatory, not up to the judge.

Caution--Massachusetts has enacted one of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, imposing a mandatory one-year jail sentence for anyone illegally possessing a firearm, loaded or unloaded, "on his person or under his control in a vehicle." In all cases, all firearms must be transported as prescribed in the general rule.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #51
Mr. BMW
Captain
Mr. BMW's Avatar
18
Rep
916
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 Pathfinder  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Oh boy that's nice in MA too? You do like to play with fire. The test is whether your licensing state is as strict as MA, and in most cases, you go to jail. The minimum sentencing is mandatory, not up to the judge.

Caution--Massachusetts has enacted one of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, imposing a mandatory one-year jail sentence for anyone illegally possessing a firearm, loaded or unloaded, "on his person or under his control in a vehicle." In all cases, all firearms must be transported as prescribed in the general rule.
If he had a gun license he would know that it is unlawful to travel out of his issuing state with it.
__________________
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black
11 Land Rover LR2(Winter Beater)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
01 330ci Orient Blue/Black (retired)
96 328is Montreal Blue/Gray (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #52
darkcloud
Colonel
darkcloud's Avatar
United_States
76
Rep
2,387
Posts

 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Registered 9mm is always in my car.......!
Something that would be required to have in few years in the cockpit's

Cheers.
So what you're saying is that you can stop bullets, knives and any other objects that can kill you with your muscle ? If you can where can I buy what you're taking ? If not then where's your cool spandex suit and cape, Mr. Clark Kent?

Also by having a 9mm in the glovebox is going to help you from getting shot or stabbed? I think you are sorely underestimating the criminal population of America. If they want it, they'll get it. Your muscle or concealed gun isn't going to stop them.

Also just cuz you're ripped doesn't mean you're tough. I know tons of guys that hit the gym hard and I'll still hand them their ass. Muscle does not equal tough.
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #53
Grumpy514
Lieutenant
Grumpy514's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
460
Posts

 
Drives: 14' 535i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
I think somebodys ego was slayed somehow during this thread.....


/
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 08:42 AM   #54
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
GreekMaverick's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
996
Posts

 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
So what you're saying is that you can stop bullets, knives and any other objects that can kill you with your muscle ? If you can where can I buy what you're taking ? If not then where's your cool spandex suit and cape, Mr. Clark Kent?

Also by having a 9mm in the glovebox is going to help you from getting shot or stabbed? I think you are sorely underestimating the criminal population of America. If they want it, they'll get it. Your muscle or concealed gun isn't going to stop them.

Also just cuz you're ripped doesn't mean you're tough. I know tons of guys that hit the gym hard and I'll still hand them their ass. Muscle does not equal tough.
#1 I Never Said I can stop Bullets, knives..etc.....!

#2 I have never used the firearm outside of a shooting range and i don't intend to

#3 Unlike your Puffed up gym flower boys, i happened to be real to what i display

And for once and for all.....I was dealing with a State Trooper...??????? not a thug.....!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST