BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
14
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

M3 Vs. Seriously

I truly love this forum but DAMN!!! Why do some get so bent out of shape when they ask would my M3 beat this or that..........and folks lay the facts on the line and the OP's get all pissy when they dont like the answer? If edging out a victory by .0000006 seconds is all you bought an M3 for, then you bought the wrong damn car. Seriously......... who gives a rats damn ass if your car is .000006 faster or slower than your buddies?? Unless you race for money or slips; what is the issue?..... I just dont understand it.

M3 is not the prettiest............... but it is damn pretty
M3 is not the fastest.................. but is damn fast
M3 is not the BEST handling.........but it handles damn good

It is the all around package that makes an M3 and M3. It does everything well but nothing the best. It is the combination of all things involved that make the CAR the best in its class.

If people need a car to be an extension of their penis....... buy a damn Corvette. (nothing against Corvettes.... my second favorite car). The M3 is subtle and 99% of the normal population could not tell the difference between a 320d and an M3, which is why I LOVE it. If you need a "Look at Me... Look at me car" .... buy a Vette.

Sorry about the rant.......... BLUF.... If you want to post a Vs. thread and you are afaraid you might not like the answers you get...... then dont post it. If you do, don't get all butt hurt when you get slapped with the FACT your M3 is not the end all, say all of automobiles.
__________________
Glory may be fleeting, but mediocrity ensures anonymity...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
whyw8
Lieutenant
8
Rep
508
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Jerez Black DCT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Simple - don't look in the vs thread
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
Rshane
M-Flight Member
Rshane's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,087
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Mıdol seems to work for my wıfe...just sayın
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue M3// Black extended Novillo w/ Blue Grey Aluminum trim/DCT/ZTP/ZCW/ZPP/ZCP Premium Sound ///Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust

2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
lve2xlr8
Captain
lve2xlr8's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
854
Posts

 
Drives: '11 m3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (7)

This thread: Superfluous: Serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being.
__________________
'11 M3
'00 M5 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
14
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Typical to be expected responses.......
__________________
Glory may be fleeting, but mediocrity ensures anonymity...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
I pretty much just laugh when I check out the Vs. forum because some of them are just ridiculous.

I get what you are saying, but you could have just ignored it, or got a good LOL out of it like I usually do.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
14
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

How do you delete a thread......... definately not what I was going for
__________________
Glory may be fleeting, but mediocrity ensures anonymity...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
Radiation Joe's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,749
Posts

 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
M3Fool,
You knew this was the lair of the fanboys, right. The only reason to come here to make fun of them. Enjoy the ride. But next time, try to be more inflamatory to get them riled up a bit more. In particular, point out how pleasant an Audi is to drive compared to the rattle prone e9x. I read somewhere that a chipped S4 would spank an e92 at the track since it's AWD gets the power down so much better.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
How do you delete a thread......... definately not what I was going for
You can ask a mod, I don't think that we can delete our own threads.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Kyoshi71's Avatar
35
Rep
2,528
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
M3Fool,
You knew this was the lair of the fanboys, right. The only reason to come here to make fun of them. Enjoy the ride. But next time, try to be more inflamatory to get them riled up a bit more. In particular, point out how pleasant an Audi is to drive compared to the rattle prone e9x. I read somewhere that a chipped S4 would spank an e92 at the track since it's AWD gets the power down so much better.
I'm sure no one here expects anything other than this from you.

Its become a tradition.
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
Rshane
M-Flight Member
Rshane's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,087
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
How do you delete a thread......... definately not what I was going for
Dude, you are crackıng me up...
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue M3// Black extended Novillo w/ Blue Grey Aluminum trim/DCT/ZTP/ZCW/ZPP/ZCP Premium Sound ///Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust

2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
MMMorish's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
2,836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
Dude, you are crackıng me up...
+1

OP really is a fool...
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #13
Alex@Autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Alex@Autocouture's Avatar
74
Rep
3,665
Posts


 
Drives: E30 M3, E92 Frozen GTS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ny

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
lolol..... truth it is.... m3 is amazing... the end
__________________
AUTOcouture Motoring | 15-01 Pollitt Drive St. 6, Fair Lawn NJ 07410
201.666.3500 | Alex@autocouturemotoring.com
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
KIS
Lieutenant
KIS's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 C63 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

OP, I agree with your premise that for many their car is more than a car; it's a part of who they are. So when you criticize the car you are criticizing them. Consequently, many on this forum are a tad sensitive about their M3s.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
I truly love this forum but DAMN!!! Why do some get so bent out of shape when they ask would my M3 beat this or that..........and folks lay the facts on the line and the OP's get all pissy when they dont like the answer? If edging out a victory by .0000006 seconds is all you bought an M3 for, then you bought the wrong damn car. Seriously......... who gives a rats damn ass if your car is .000006 faster or slower than your buddies?? Unless you race for money or slips; what is the issue?..... I just dont understand it.

M3 is not the prettiest............... but it is damn pretty
M3 is not the fastest.................. but is damn fast
M3 is not the BEST handling.........but it handles damn good

It is the all around package that makes an M3 and M3. It does everything well but nothing the best. It is the combination of all things involved that make the CAR the best in its class.

If people need a car to be an extension of their penis....... buy a damn Corvette. (nothing against Corvettes.... my second favorite car). The M3 is subtle and 99% of the normal population could not tell the difference between a 320d and an M3, which is why I LOVE it. If you need a "Look at Me... Look at me car" .... buy a Vette.

Sorry about the rant.......... BLUF.... If you want to post a Vs. thread and you are afaraid you might not like the answers you get...... then dont post it. If you do, don't get all butt hurt when you get slapped with the FACT your M3 is not the end all, say all of automobiles.
So true. I told my buddy I was in the market for a new car and told him one of my options was a Corvette, I turned him into a Corvette lover. Now he talks shit all day about the M3 and other cars, even though he's not in a Corvette.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #16
008
Sexual Philanthropist
008's Avatar
3
Rep
324
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
folks lay the facts on the line and the OP's get all pissy when they dont like the answer?


If you want to post a thread and you are afaraid you might not like the answers you get...... then dont post it. If you do, don't get all butt hurt when you get slapped with the FACT your M3 is not the end all, say all of automobiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool;
How do you delete a thread......... definately not what I was going for
Just sayin....
__________________
2011 E92 M3 AW/SC DCT, ZCV
bought 11/10 sold 9/11
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #17
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
United_States
143
Rep
5,830
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
^ awesome!
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:52 AM   #18
kpneverdies
First Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: AW M3 E92 2010
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 008 View Post
Just sayin....
lol
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
Miami M3
First Lieutenant
9
Rep
324
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Couldn't agree with you more OP, although I'm not sure I'm quite as angry about it. I just find it entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
My cock is not the prettiest............... but it is damn pretty
My cock is not the fatest.................. but it is damn fat
My cock is not the longest..................but it is damn long

Every inch counts!

LOL!
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #21
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
MDyDinanM's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
2,090
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
i agree w/ the OP

thats why i usually ignore the VS forum.

And what gets me are questions that have been answered time and time before and people still continue not to first . but that is a universal trend in all threads and forums I can understand those that first start off saying "hey, i tried a search but found nothing" type threads.

so i don't get all bent out of the shape. The internet is the internet and good luck in trying to police it

And there are always the sensitive types out there as well
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #22
M3Fan24
///M Powar!!!
M3Fan24's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: Nothing ATM :(
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
My cock is not the prettiest............... but it is damn pretty
My cock is not the fatest.................. but it is damn fat
My cock is not the longest..................but it is damn long

Every inch counts!



That certainly got me all laughing in the morning.
__________________
“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST