BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
Brian W
Private
0
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 2 wheels
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Further proof that a clean carfax/autocheck is useless: they're both very specific but not sensitive tests.

Paintwork when the dealer said "no paintwork" isn't acceptable, especially given that it seems this dealer did the repair themselves. Who gets excessive rock chips on a rear bumper in 20k miles? :shifty
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #24
MRE90M3
"its baby blue m3 to you sir."
United_States
10
Rep
442
Posts

 
Drives: Silverstone Metallic II
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upland California

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to MRE90M3 Send a message via MSN to MRE90M3 Send a message via Skype™ to MRE90M3
I've never gotten good service from Monrovia for either services/purchase. I've told myself repeatedly to never go here =). any one other dealer would do lol. Sorry to hear, goodluck in smanging them good and hard =)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #25
motorolla250
Private
4
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bay area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Updated with new ad

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #26
Georgeair
Captain
10
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: McKinney, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Who gets excessive rock chips on a rear bumper in 20k miles? :shifty
Only someone stuck in reverse.
__________________
Objects in mirror are slower than they appear.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #27
blue dragon
Lieutenant
7
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canuckistan

iTrader: (0)

If I'm paying the price for a car with no paintwork, it better have no paintwork. The dealer lied, plain and simple. If the bumper was repainted, say the bumper was repainted, and let me make the decision as to whether I still want the car or not. Don't try to con me into buying something thats not what you represent it to be.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #28
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
ssabripo's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
2,099
Posts

 
Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
I've been in and around the car industry too which is why besides CarFax (which can be spotty) I checked BMW's own system with the vin number provided on the website of the link with the help of a BMW employee friend. BMW's system is much more accurate than Carfax and BMW essentially uses it's strigently kept records to deny warranty claims on things that have been repaired on your car due to an accident. I've actually owned a BMW long ago that was crashed by the dealer on their lot, and the CarFax was dead clean, but in BMW's internal system the damage was listed. I ended up being compensated for it. What that means is I was in the exact situation that you think your M3 was in.

If your BMW was damaged beyond your expecations the dealer would have had to circumvent typical proceedures not to list it in their internal system. The internal system is for inter-dealer eyes only so they would have no reason to avoid it anyway (though asking a nice BMW employee will get you a look at the info as stated). It is extremely unlikely that you're so special you'd get the one BMW dealer that is so shady they do things counter to policy to hide something the customer would never even see.

If you've worked in the car industry you know that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing constantly. You weren't "lied" to that the rear tires had to be replaced as a scam. If the tires are as you described, they need to be replaced by law AND by the rules at most dealers as a safety issue. Your sales rep had every reason to beleive that his own dealer was following their own policy and the law. The service team simply forgot at some point.

As for pictures, sales people get about 100 calls a day. I've walked into Porsche dealers and talked to the manager and told them I will buy a certain used Porsche they just got on the lot in cash, but I just need them to e-mail me the service records. Needless to say I was not e-mailed anything, and didn't buy the car. This is the worst example but I've been in dozens of other similar situations. The attitude of most dealers being very reluctant to provide any information on a car may seem like something that raises red flags, but the reality is that the sales people have so many customers that they barely remember people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Honestly you sound ridiculously obsessive.

I did some checking into things and the car has an absolutaly dead clean carfax report, and it has had NO BMW repair parts ordered for it's vin number, meaning that it is almost entierly positive they actually repainted the bumper for the sake of repainting it.

You could have theoretically taken the car with a few rock chips as you wanted and it would have saved the dealer money. As for the rear tires, they probably did actually forget, these sorts of things are forgotten.

I've actually bought cars that have had undisclosed damage, and gotten bait and switches by dealers, you aren't in that situation, you're just being ridiculous and assuming you're being lied to out of your own paranoia. The simple fact is that the car had no additional damage or less value than what was described by the dealer. They simply forgot to instal something they intended to, and restored the car from natural wear and tear at their expense as a benefit to you.

It's unfortunate that the terms of the deal didn't work out exactly perfectly, but the simple fact is that if you took the car (assuming they fixed the tires issue) you would have had no damage compared to your original planned purchase. Legally speaking the damages you incured are your own fault for falsely assuming the dealer was lying about their reasons for repainting the bumper and getting unreasonably frustrated over a set of tires that could easily be installed and were a simple problem within the scope of reason and human error.

Like I said I am super picky, and I think you were unreasonable and jumped to conclusions. I've also been screwed over for real, actually, and where the person on the other end was trying to screw me over. Your situation is a disgrace to more serious situations.

Either way BMW dealers are very profitable and the last thing they want is for someone to even think they were screwed over, which is a level of care and attention that is a nice benefit of the brand, so I'm sure you'll be compensated even in an unreasonable situation and I'm sure you'll get the best, but chill out and don't be so ridiculous.
__________________

__________________________________________________ ____________
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #29
DoPedUpM3
El Carpe Diem
DoPedUpM3's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Turbo/ 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern Cali.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to DoPedUpM3 Send a message via Yahoo to DoPedUpM3
Sorry to hear about this m3 you were interested in as well motorolla250. Hopefully you will get compensated for at least some of your headache. I work with cars and wouldn't out right lie to someone about a vehicle I have or don't have in stock. Or if it had been painted for that matter. GL and continue your search, I'm sure you'll find the right vehicle for you one day soon.
__________________
08' AW e92 335i 6mt, Performance sterring wheel (non-electric)/ Performance SSK/ M-tec wheel trim/ BMS DCI/ Bimmian Interior LEDs/ Side-marker LEDs/ WeissLicht PY24 LED Turn Signal/ GPThunder/ Debadge/ Painted reflectors/ Matte black grills/ Aero front lip/ Rear bumper/ Stock.. much more fun to come.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #30
motorolla250
Private
4
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bay area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPedUpM3 View Post
Sorry to hear about this m3 you were interested in as well motorolla250. Hopefully you will get compensated for at least some of your headache. I work with cars and wouldn't out right lie to someone about a vehicle I have or don't have in stock. Or if it had been painted for that matter. GL and continue your search, I'm sure you'll find the right vehicle for you one day soon.
Thanks! I ended up talking to the GM a few times who covered for the salesman and basically told me that this kind of behavior is standard in the industry. I told him, "it's people like you that give the industry a bad reputation". He offered to give me a "great deal" on a car on their lot but that's about it.

I then called BMWNA, told them how this dealership was representing their name, and was instructed to take it up with the dealership since they are independently owned and operated. It just surprises me that BMWNA flat out doesn't care.

Anyways, I ended up buying a E92 from a member on the forum for a much better deal and love the car. At this point I'm content with turning a few people away from the dealership so they don't have to go through what I did.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 03:04 AM   #31
robspec
Private First Class
2
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (6)

next time compensate a forum member for his time and have them check out the car,i would do such a think if you find something out in LA area again,i have been a tech at a dealer for 12 years....
any particular color/packages your looking for?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #32
gallian93
Captain
gallian93's Avatar
8
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: 11 X6M / X5
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: philadelphia PA

iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Dude make sure you go after those douches!!!!
i can't believe they'd do this.
if there is anything that the SA at dealerships need to learn is that most M people will really know what they are look at and we are not the people who are buying BMWs just to own a BMW...
sorry for you ordeal man... sucks
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #33
fat23cm
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: Fern Green Metallic M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Legion 5 is a douche...

Legion 5....you're a douche :...you must work for a Dealer.

No matter what, they lied. Whether they were too busy, or too dumb, or too uninformed, ....whatever, the customer was flying out???!!!?! You should make sure the stuff is clear and in order.



and let's face it.. out in California, Asian businesses are extremely unprofessional, even crooked...whether it's a restaurant, market, hair/nail/massage, mechanic, car dealership etc...

I would be livid....good luck with getting some money back and overall, don't trust ANY business...

Last edited by fat23cm; 06-28-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: sig
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #34
spdy330
Major General
spdy330's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
6,074
Posts

 
Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (161)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
BMW of Monrovia are crooks. I thought I had an old friend "Byron" that I could trust. I ordered an M3 on 3/24 and never got the production number. On 4/1 they called me and said that no BMW dealers can order M3's anymore. They tried to sell me the M3 they had in the show room as it was the same color I wanted minus some options. I walked away and went to New Century BMW where "Tai" took great care of me and got me exactly what I wanted. I took delivery of my E90 on 6/21/11.

I will be doing a write up myself in a week or so about BMW of Monrovia.
__________________
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #35
Agent 335i
Private First Class
Agent 335i's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorolla250 View Post
Thanks! I ended up talking to the GM a few times who covered for the salesman and basically told me that this kind of behavior is standard in the industry. I told him, "it's people like you that give the industry a bad reputation". He offered to give me a "great deal" on a car on their lot but that's about it.

I then called BMWNA, told them how this dealership was representing their name, and was instructed to take it up with the dealership since they are independently owned and operated. It just surprises me that BMWNA flat out doesn't care.

Anyways, I ended up buying a E92 from a member on the forum for a much better deal and love the car. At this point I'm content with turning a few people away from the dealership so they don't have to go through what I did.
You probably got this response because Assael BMW (I.e BMW in Monrovia) is actually not independently owned, but rather a corporate store....another lie, but this time from Corporate.
__________________
'07 e90 335i Monaco Blue -- KW V2 Coilovers -- AFE Elite Stage 2 Intake -- ICONZ 880z
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #36
Agent 335i
Private First Class
Agent 335i's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat23cm View Post
Legion 5....you're a douche :...you must work for a Dealer.

No matter what, they lied. Whether they were too busy, or too dumb, or too uninformed, ....whatever, the customer was flying out???!!!?! You should make sure the stuff is clear and in order.



and let's face it.. out in California, Asian businesses are extremely unprofessional, even crooked...whether it's a restaurant, market, hair/nail/massage, mechanic, car dealership etc...

I would be livid....good luck with getting some money back and overall, don't trust ANY business...
No need to start in with the Asian thing man...-1
__________________
'07 e90 335i Monaco Blue -- KW V2 Coilovers -- AFE Elite Stage 2 Intake -- ICONZ 880z
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #37
Agent 335i
Private First Class
Agent 335i's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 335i View Post
No need to start in with the Asian thing man...-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Honestly you sound ridiculously obsessive.

I did some checking into things and the car has an absolutaly dead clean carfax report, and it has had NO BMW repair parts ordered for it's vin number, meaning that it is almost entierly positive they actually repainted the bumper for the sake of repainting it.

You could have theoretically taken the car with a few rock chips as you wanted and it would have saved the dealer money. As for the rear tires, they probably did actually forget, these sorts of things are forgotten.

I've actually bought cars that have had undisclosed damage, and gotten bait and switches by dealers, you aren't in that situation, you're just being ridiculous and assuming you're being lied to out of your own paranoia. The simple fact is that the car had no additional damage or less value than what was described by the dealer. They simply forgot to instal something they intended to, and restored the car from natural wear and tear at their expense as a benefit to you.

It's unfortunate that the terms of the deal didn't work out exactly perfectly, but the simple fact is that if you took the car (assuming they fixed the tires issue) you would have had no damage compared to your original planned purchase. Legally speaking the damages you incured are your own fault for falsely assuming the dealer was lying about their reasons for repainting the bumper and getting unreasonably frustrated over a set of tires that could easily be installed and were a simple problem within the scope of reason and human error.

Like I said I am super picky, and I think you were unreasonable and jumped to conclusions. I've also been screwed over for real, actually, and where the person on the other end was trying to screw me over. Your situation is a disgrace to more serious situations.

Either way BMW dealers are very profitable and the last thing they want is for someone to even think they were screwed over, which is a level of care and attention that is a nice benefit of the brand, so I'm sure you'll be compensated even in an unreasonable situation and I'm sure you'll get the best, but chill out and don't be so ridiculous.
BMW in Monrovia is known as THE WORST BMW dealership in SoCal. They are SHADY as hell to the point that you'd rather buy your 2008 M3 from a ghetto dealership in Compton where the next best cars on the lot was a 1987 Buick Chrysler or a 1993 for Ford Escort.

I mean the dealership itself is a piece of shit which hasn't been updated because, once again, its a corporate dealership so their livelihood is not dependent upon moving huge number to keep the dealership afloat.

Before criticizing a fellow member, just empathize with him and move on....

I'd dare you to deal with them even via phone and get a better impression...I personally have no animosity with BMW of Monrovia, and was just there over the weekend looking at New car deals for my fiance, but you would understand this post better if you actually had actually dealt with them before.
__________________
'07 e90 335i Monaco Blue -- KW V2 Coilovers -- AFE Elite Stage 2 Intake -- ICONZ 880z
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #38
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
22
Rep
703
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 m3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SOCAL 626

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat23cm View Post
Legion 5....you're a douche :...you must work for a Dealer.

No matter what, they lied. Whether they were too busy, or too dumb, or too uninformed, ....whatever, the customer was flying out???!!!?! You should make sure the stuff is clear and in order.



and let's face it.. out in California, Asian businesses are extremely unprofessional, even crooked...whether it's a restaurant, market, hair/nail/massage, mechanic, car dealership etc...

I would be livid....good luck with getting some money back and overall, don't trust ANY business...
you pulled out the asian card hope you brought your super FLAME SUIT ON!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #39
wuzupfoo
First Lieutenant
wuzupfoo's Avatar
8
Rep
315
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Jet Black MTrizz Cpe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mean streets of Irvine

iTrader: (2)

+1, lets not bring the race card into this convo, Legion is a douche but that doesnt excuse you for that... I know plenty of *insert race* businesses that are just shady..

With that being said Monrovia has a reputation in the area for underhanded business activities..

I have a personal story, well not personal, coworker bought a car from them and they did not disclose pre-existing problems to her. She only found out when a local OC dealer that she takes it to for service told her. And now mysterious things are breaking at random. I told to lawyer up and get them to buy it back..

Ridiculous.
__________________
HRE C20/Remus Race/MS Filter/KWV3/Vorsteiner Diffuser/JL Lip/Murdered Grills/Pinnacle F1 Ceramic/ZCP Wing/Alcantara Wheel/Custom Alcantara Boots/Custom ZCP Shifter/MRF Subframe Bushings/Turner Delrin Diff Bushings
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #40
e93_ed
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorolla250 View Post
Thanks! I ended up talking to the GM a few times who covered for the salesman and basically told me that this kind of behavior is standard in the industry. I told him, "it's people like you that give the industry a bad reputation". He offered to give me a "great deal" on a car on their lot but that's about it.

I then called BMWNA, told them how this dealership was representing their name, and was instructed to take it up with the dealership since they are independently owned and operated. It just surprises me that BMWNA flat out doesn't care.

Anyways, I ended up buying a E92 from a member on the forum for a much better deal and love the car. At this point I'm content with turning a few people away from the dealership so they don't have to go through what I did.
You probably got this response because Assael BMW (I.e BMW in Monrovia) is actually not independently owned, but rather a corporate store....another lie, but this time from Corporate.
I think they are own by sonic group
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #41
rote
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, I'm a e90post guy but stumbled across this thread while googling something else. I too had a shady experience back in like 2002 with them - back then it was called Assael BMW (don't know if it's the same owners now).

Anyhow, I was purchasing my first BMW, a used e46 325ci. It was not a CPO, but compared to other 325cis I was looking at, their price was the lowest. Looked clean, test drove it. I asked if it had been in any accidents, the sales manager said no (note: this is before Carfax days). Bought it at night, black color - another thing I learned not to do if you're buying used - because the next day, I could see some really bad swirls all over the car. They sort of buffed it out. But that's not the real bad.. Many months later as I was changing out the front reflectors with the hood up, I could see shards of glass embedded throughout the front part of the engine bay. Clearly it was in a significant accident and I think that's why they sold it as 'used' as opposed to CPO. Luckily, it ran well so I never really did anything about it.

But yeah, they definitely lied to me. Moral - be careful with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #42
motorolla250
Private
4
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bay area, CA

iTrader: (0)

^ This thread needed a good bump.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Like I said before, it's shady dealers / salesman like this that make the entire car industry "scummy". What's unfortunate is that most people will be taken advantage of and never even know it.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #43
spdy330
Major General
spdy330's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
6,074
Posts

 
Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (161)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
Here was my story:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552245
__________________
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #44
motorolla250
Private
4
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bay area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
What idiots!

Glad you were able to finally get the car you wanted!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST