BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #23
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
If this isn't being caused by substances you have taken or still lingering in your system, you might want to consult a psychiatrist or a psychopharmacologist. It could be some underlying problem that is starting to manifest itself. Just saying that the problems sleeping might be a symptom and not the main issue.
well my uncle passed away two weeks ago, my family all flew out to germany to be together and i'm stuck here. that, on top of other various daily headaches are kinda compounding on top of each other. the number of rolls i've taken since new year probably isn't helping either. it's not long-lasting, hardcore depression sets or anything, it's just me not feeling like myself in random pulses during the day
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
When I was smoking bud heavily, it increased my anxiety to a point it was tough to sleep. Once I quit just taking a couple sleep aid pills helped me sleep. Diphenhydramine or w/e, same thing in Tylenol PM
i started getting sever panic attacks out of nowhere after years of smoking weed. i haven't smoked in like 2-3 years
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #25
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
well my uncle passed away two weeks ago, my family all flew out to germany to be together and i'm stuck here. that, on top of other various daily headaches are kinda compounding on top of each other. the number of rolls i've taken since new year probably isn't helping either. it's not long-lasting, hardcore depression sets or anything, it's just me not feeling like myself in random pulses during the day
I'd see a doctor just to be on the safe side. The combination of the stress and rolling could have triggered something in your brain.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #26
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
I'd see a doctor just to be on the safe side. The combination of the stress and rolling could have triggered something in your brain.
yeah, i'm considering it. good looking out

__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #27
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't advise getting on a SSRI, it'll make you a zombie and takes a month to for it to even start working. I would just stop taking any drug and get your body back to normal, and you will even yourself out. I almost got on them but knew it was my bud "addiction" causing it, so I gave it up and never felt better.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #28
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

there aren't any shows or events in the near future worth partying for. even if there were, i really have no desire to. the past two months have just been too stacked with events
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #29
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

man you gotta get off tha dope. i may have taken a couple 'mood enhancers' back in the day...definitely fucks with you for a good while if you take them in close succession. while no one can seem to come to a conclusion about the physically addicting effects of that specific drug, it's definitely psychologically addicting, making your peaks (on the drug only) extreme and the valleys (off) awful. coupled with a loss in the family, should probably ease off the sauce for a while and let your brain heal a bit and restore stable amounts of serotonin.

just drink more
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #30
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

yeah lol. i've been going a little too hard, which i never do. the last time i went 'all out' was during coachella weekend like a year ago. i haven't even been drinking much at all lately which is good. it'll be easier to 'recover' since there's barely anything to do now. besides, i have a lot of real-life shit to knock out soon
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #31
Kroy
Brigadier General
 
Kroy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
i started getting sever panic attacks out of nowhere after years of smoking weed. i haven't smoked in like 2-3 years
did it stop after you stop smoking?
Kroy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #32
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
did it stop after you stop smoking?
oh yeah, i've never gotten panic attacks outside of being high. i have absolutely 0 desire to ever smoke weed again
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #33
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
did it stop after you stop smoking?
Yea, when you smoke good bud it messes with your brain which will induce panic attacks or anxiety. Haven't even came close to experiencing that once since I stopped.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #34
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

what the fuck are you talking about?

5-htp is a precursor to 5-ht and is nothing like MDMA. Also, I read an article a while ago stating that the limited research done on MDMA actually turned out to be falsified.

Also, try an OTC histamine blocker such as unisom. Its non-addictive but will make you pretty drowsy. I uses it when I've got a lot on the mind and need to get to bed.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #35
Wakka
but no flokka
 
Wakka's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

How much rolling have you been doing? I've been on like maybe 3 - 4 pills a month for maybe... 4 or 5 months and i was still functional. This is like 2 years ago. Havent rolled since NYE and I am craving it bad, seriously I feel like this is the longest i've ever gone without rolling in like 5 years.

Cant imagine the roll im going to have next.

Btw..

http://www.erowid.org/

Best website ever.

Basics: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_basics.shtml
Effects: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_effects.shtml

I always check this site and read as much as possible about a drug before i take it for the first time. Helps me feel better, and know what to expect.
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Hankook Ventus v12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Wakka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #36
JCE
Banned
 
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
TLDR all I know is Ambien made do some wierd as shit...like almost burn my apt down...
After I took ambien I woke up one morning in all my clothes on with my truck parked backwards and a dent in the fender. My keys were on a table in the garage, billfold was on the back porch, and a light with an extension cord was strung across the garage floor. The garage was open. I don't remember shit.

I recommend staying away from that.
JCE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #37
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
what the fuck are you talking about?

5-htp is a precursor to 5-ht and is nothing like MDMA. Also, I read an article a while ago stating that the limited research done on MDMA actually turned out to be falsified.

Also, try an OTC histamine blocker such as unisom. Its non-addictive but will make you pretty drowsy. I uses it when I've got a lot on the mind and need to get to bed.
what? i never said anything about 5htp being a precursor to mdma. i'll look into otc though
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #38
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
what? i never said anything about 5htp being a precursor to mdma. i'll look into otc though
Not you. Some others referring to 5-htp as being similar to mdma.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #39
Echo M3
Major
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
i've been having problems sleeping recently and was wondering if anyone has had success with it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan
I do not recommend any serotonin products if you don't need them. They have some not insignificant side effects, like raising your blood pressure.

And if you take any antidepressants or psychiatric drugs, SEE A DOCTOR before taking 5-HTP.

If you don't believe me, see the "Possible risks" section of the link you posted.
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #40
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
How much rolling have you been doing? I've been on like maybe 3 - 4 pills a month for maybe... 4 or 5 months and i was still functional. This is like 2 years ago. Havent rolled since NYE and I am craving it bad, seriously I feel like this is the longest i've ever gone without rolling in like 5 years.

Cant imagine the roll im going to have next.

Btw..

http://www.erowid.org/

Best website ever.

Basics: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_basics.shtml
Effects: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_effects.shtml

I always check this site and read as much as possible about a drug before i take it for the first time. Helps me feel better, and know what to expect.
i'd say i'm in the low-to-mid-teens right now since new years. also, i have those links bookmared lol
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #41
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE View Post
After I took ambien I woke up one morning in all my clothes on with my truck parked backwards and a dent in the fender. My keys were on a table in the garage, billfold was on the back porch, and a light with an extension cord was strung across the garage floor. The garage was open. I don't remember shit.

I recommend staying away from that.
welp, definitely not taking ambien
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #42
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I do not recommend any serotonin products if you don't need them. They have some not insignificant side effects, like raising your blood pressure.

And if you take any antidepressants or psychiatric drugs, SEE A DOCTOR before taking 5-HTP.

If you don't believe me, see the "Possible risks" section of the link you posted.
i'm not on any medication or anything, i might just try some over-the-counter stuff / suggestions posted in here
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

I would also not go to a doctor, as soon as you tell him you have been popping mdma he will just give you a SSRI to relevel your seratonin, which can be done if you just quit doing it for a month or so. I went to a doctor and the hospital after a panic attack, waste of time trust me. You'll be fine bro I promise, I just started drinking more and I have had no issues.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #44
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Teens? Take a fucken break man. Thats what will fix you.

And definitely try the OTC. Use as little as possible.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST